$20 Mandalay Bay/Delano

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked Delano normal suite , but since my dad has a NOIR card i hope they can give me big suite aswell :)

2. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why would they give you A big suite uniess your dad stays in the same room as you?

3. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wondering if I should call and upgrade my room now... I am going EDC weekend and am worried that they may get booked and the $20 trick will not work? I want the king suite with the powder room in the living room... Maybe wouldn't get it anyways? Thinking out loud and looking for advise.

4. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got Back from 8 nights Delano , highly recommend this hotel to everyone !! 5 out of 5

The couple before us managed to get an upgrade for 20$ !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have a king suite at Delano in June. Should I try for a strip view or a scenic view? TIA

6. paconomad

paconomad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely came out ahead. $50 on a two night MyVegas comp got me a strip-view elite suite with waived Resort Fees. I was offered a sky view for $50/night and was probably a fool for not taking it. Oh well, loved our room and our stay!

• Like Like x 1
  7. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard those Vista Suites are amazing, and for $50 a night that was def a steal, only a fool if you spend very much time in the room though. If you don't, take that $100+ to the gaming floor!

8. AceOfVegas

AceOfVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First shot at Mandalay Bay in 2018. Going end of January, hopefully it's the right part of the slow season. I think we just missed AVN and CES, so I'm hoping they'll be a bit more accomodating. Fingers crossed, as I'm only a Pearl MLife Member (Missed the annual trip last year and all.)

9. AceOfVegas

AceOfVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the double post. Turns out there were still a lot of Conventions this weekend. I did still get an upgrade. They hooked us up on the "Ghost Floor" (The 32nd Floor, we weren't worried.) And got a strip view and a $75 dining credit. So the next morning we had room service bring us breakfast and enjoyed our strip view :)
    One successful $20 trick and trip

• Like Like x 2
  10. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MBay is sold out the night I check in. Im hoping the $20 trick gets me a north strip view. Should I ask for anything specific besides “north strip view”?

I’m not looking for a bigger room, just something that faces north and specifically on the east side, not the west or back side of the strip, unless those are nice views too. Maybe the west side is ok since MBay is relatively close to the strip...not as set back as other hotels are. Delano would be facing the back side of the strip I think.

11. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You still have a good shot of an upgrade. The majority of people book basic rooms or run of house rooms. So the premium rooms types like strip view have to go to some of them. The earlier you check in the better though. And sometimes you have to check in but can't get into the room until they clean it. But no worries since they take your luggage and bring it up for you and text you once it's ready

12. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Delano comped 3 nights in a Scenic Suite on a Sunday thru Wednesday... doesn't appear to be a very busy week based on rates for hotels and flights that week.

Is there anything nicer I could/should try to upgrade with a $20 or $50 bill? I realize Scenic Suite is pretty nice, just not sure what else they offer worth asking for. Any Delano experts here?

13. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skip any $20 or $50 tricks. The Scenic Suite is at the end of the L shaped tower. At best you could ask for is a strip facing room on a high floor, versus a south (pool) or west (mountain) view. The mountain view will also look north so you will have a great view regardless. Since you are staying Sun-Wed you should receive a good view in any case.

• Like Like x 1
  14. REALTANK

REALTANK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried the $20 and was upgraded from a strip view queen room to a Sky View suite with free access to the spa and Foundation room. Definitely worth it!

• Like Like x 2
  15. NJbadlands

NJbadlands PH and Cosmo October 11-15/mirage july 11-14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    havent been to MB in years but offered two of three nights comped in October (Saturday to a Tuesday) and was wondering if any combination of mlife Gold (perks say complimentary upgrades if available) and $20 sandwich could get me to Delano. With two guys could use extra half bath.

16. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're in a standard room at MB I doubt a simple Gold upgrade would be Delano, but it might be a reasonable dollar bump to make it worthwhile. At MB it all usually depends on if they're filling out a bunch of the convention space. If they are close to capacity for a big event your chances will be slim.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's worth asking. I've asked twice (no $20) and scored an upgrade to Delano.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's entirely dependent on their occupancy, I think. I've heard of people getting upgraded just for the asking (or even without asking) when things are slow or normal, but my last stay at MB was the Thursday before a big fight weekend and they couldn't get me in there at any price.

EDC
  19. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my buddy is a frequent Manadalay Bay patron - it's his home base in Vegas every trip he goes. He was told after the change from The Hotel to Delano that the front desk at MB couldn't put people into the Delano hotel anymore, something about disconnected systems (which doesn't make a ton of sense since both are accessible thru MLife anyway). But he feels the upgrades to the nicer hotel were easier under the old brand when it was owned/controlled/operated by MB directly. Don't know how much truth there is that, but others here seem to feel they can get bumped up to Delano if the stars align in their favor. Let us know what you find though, as I'd be intersted in trying that for a $20 sandwich instead of asking for a suite at MB sometime.

20. Akala

Akala Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually just moved a MB comp over to Delano for a weekend stay with no issue by calling VIP services.

Thanks for thread, we always forget about it until we are there, not huge on location, but like that the base rooms are 200+ SQF larger with an additional sitting area/half bath. :D