$20 Caesars Palace

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the thread to discuss the $20 Trick at Caesars Palace.

2. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    This $20 'story' is not for a room upgrade. It is about getting an early check in and kind of interesting. (I think any way)
    Arrived Caesars 10:15 AM to really no lines at check in. Desk clerk Armondo tells us he has been working for Caesar's for 26 years and stories about old day Packers he use check in back in the day as he sees we're from Wisconsin, quite chatty and polite. He then tell's us it is too early and no rooms are ready I had requested and they will call us when one is. I ask if any idea how long. He says probably 4PM since that is check in time. I was surprised he did not offer an alternative. Well, Here it comes.... I open my wallet and pull out a twenty (We already had the room I wanted reserved so no need to try the upgrade), I say "I know you have no control, but if there is any way it could be sooner then later, I would really appreciate it" Next thing he says is "Oh, did you say you wanted Smoking? I thought non. One sec"... gets on the phone chats a bit, hear him say to whoever is other end... no, no must face the pond, no double, a king, and BOOM! Guess what, there IS a room all ready! Just as I had requested King, smoking Augustus facing fountains! Too Funny. It was well worth a twenty to get in that early and settled for us. I guess they don't work it unless worth it to them. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just had a question..
    Do all Augustus/Octavius tower rooms have fountain views?
    Because when trying to book it doesn't specify whether or not we want a fountain view?

4. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can request at check in and if available you can get a fountain view but not all rooms are fountain view unless you count the pool fountains and caesars fountains out front...for the bellagio you must request and hope its available

this is from my last few stays

augustus fountain view
    [​IMG]

augustus other side
    [​IMG]

octavious pool view....i do not have a fountain view from octavious
    [​IMG]

5. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Augustus fountain view is one of my favourite views of the Strip.

6. bbmang

bbmang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend and I are staying at Caesar's June 1st - 5th , monday-friday. I checked the conventions schedule and there's nothing too crazy going on during the week so I'm thinking availability shouldn't be too much of an issue. Our room is booked in the roman tower but would really like to get upgraded to something nicer with a view. We were thinking of going with a $50 tip. Is that unnecessary as opposed to the normal $20 or might it be more likely to yield better results?

7. jwalters

jwalters Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I stayed at Caesars in December, with hopes just like yours. I booked a crappy Roman Tower hoping for any upgrade. We checked in about 2:30. There was a small wait. Slipped the front desk guy a $20 and asked if there were a complimentary upgrades available. He clicked around for a while and then upgraded us to the Augusts Tower on a high floor. This was my first time trying this.

Also, when we arrived, a Saturday, the valet said for "diamond and 7 star only." Slipped the valet a $20 and he found a spot for us, no problem.

8. bbmang

bbmang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    appreciate the reply! reason i was thinking of going with $50 is because of the roman tower being cheaper, wanting to maximize benefits... we kind of got stuck with it.i'd probably be pretty satisfied getting upgraded to an augustus room!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mrjvegas

mrjvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked Augustas on a comp......did the 20 dollar trick and got nothing for it. I got a lower level fountain view, but I believe I would of gotten this room with or without the 20 dollar trick.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  10. DeeDee

DeeDee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arriving Sunday May31 and booked Palace Tower. Any suites in this tower that I can use to upgrade? Is it better to get different tower?

11. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never been in that tower but its the short one right by NOBU hotel..only problem i can see with that tower is if you get a room on the first few floors over looking the strip, all youll see is rooftop or possibly have a blocked view on any floor by nobu hotel

palace tower is the short left building in this picture
    [​IMG]

12. bbmang

bbmang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    had booked roman tower. made a $50 sandwich and the girl gave it back (she seemed like a supervisor, kind of saw it coming. she was dealing with this one guy for 30ish minutes who was clearly being obnoxious...held up the line for ...30ish minutes...there was only 1 line going at the time for whatever reason.) anyhow.. she said something along the lines of i'll try to find you a nice room but i can't accept the tip until after your stay and you're happy with the service.. i'd had several drinky poo's on the plane before arrival and i guess how i heard it was "find me after your stay if you like your room" so after we got our key i asked her name with intention of finding her later. my girlfriend told me she thought she said "after the transaction" which makes more sense.. so i kind of felt bad i stiffed her (unintentionally, i looked for her every night i went through the lobby to slip her a bill.. and i mean.... i did giver her the $50. she should have kept it :p ) we got upgraded to the augustus tower with bellagio view for free. very nice.

13. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was upgraded from the Forum Tower to the Octavius Tower with a Bellagio fountain view for free. No $20 sandwich required.

14. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were upgraded from the Forum Tower to the Augustus Tower with the Bellagio fountain view. I did do the $20 sandwich. The gal asked if I needed any change, I told her no, that the money was for her. She thanked me and took it. I honestly think we could have had a pick of the house. I have earned my CET VIP Total Rewards Credit Card card. That gave me access to the Diamond check in. When the gal asked where we would like to stay, she described all the towers. We asked for an Augustus tower with a view of the fountains. Our room number was #3570. It was close to the elevators and the ice machine. We stayed 5 nights and only saw one other couple on our floor. It was extremely quiet and the view was spectacular!

15. arizsumda

arizsumda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheked in after midnight on Labor day weekend, had three nights in the Forum tower, $20 and politeness turned that into the Augustus tower with fountain view

16. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Score!

17. owlhorn

owlhorn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The trick worked for me at Caesar's in 2011 and MGM in 2014. At the latter, I sandwiched the $20 at the beginning, but the desk agent said he wasn't allowed to accept tips initially, but that I could tip him at the end of the check-in if I was happy with everything (which of course I did).

I think remmerde's method is the way to go. I'll be trying it at Cosmo this weekend.

18. flamingogo

flamingogo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worked for me a couple of years ago. Had a comp for forum or roman tower, tipped the young man $20,and got a huge top floor corner Augustus tower room, with gigantic curved windows and view of both the mountains and the bellagio fountains.

19. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to be checking in next Tuesday, February 23, for a two-day work meeting. Do I have a pretty good chance of getting Augustus Tower with a fountain view with the sandwich? Should I just come right out and ask for what I want? Never tried the trick before, makes me a little nervous. My guess is this is a bit of a slow time of year for them, based on rates.

20. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 sandwich worked for us Sun Feb 21, we had 3 nights comped, 2 queen palace deluxe room.....they upgraded us to Augustus 2 queen strip view room, lower floor (28) but my girlfriend loved the view of the fountains! We checked in at the Diamond check-in room around noon, we had planned on leaving our luggage with them until the room was ready, but it was ready for us right away.Score!