$20 Flamingo

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the thread to discuss the $20 Trick at Flamingo

2. 67Euge

67Euge Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked a FAB Room online for 4/20 - 4/24. Arrived approx. 5pm, $20 later, desk clerk said, 'Oh, you don't want the 8th floor; that's too low. I've got a great room on the 27th floor, that's the Executive floor, you'll like that much better. Great view." Habitat tower, looking north, could see the Strip from Caesars Forum Shops north, and about 75% of the High Roller. Still a FAB room, not a GO, but well worth the $20. Oh, and she dropped the Resort Fee, too. What a sweetheart.

3. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better than a kick in the groin!

4. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dropping the resort fee is the real steal here. You paid $20 to save $80

5. FloppedASet

FloppedASet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arriving at Flamingo Next Friday for a Friends wedding adventure staying till Monday, hoping my twenty bucks finds me something Tasty!

6. Rhode2Vegas

Rhode2Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got any proof of that? Never heard of CET resort fees getting dropped due to $20 trick.

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What, do you need their SS# and a personal character reference too in order to believe them?

8. Rhode2Vegas

Rhode2Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A copy of the receipt maybe. Unless they are a diamond TR member, you pay the resort fee. I have an 8 night trip in August at Flamingo and I'd tip up to $100 for a better room and dropping the $200 in resort fees.

9. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I agree, that's not that much to ask.

ams722 apparently thinks that is too personal, but asking for the receipt is just saying "show me proof you got no resort fees". I'd love to take a random internet strangers word for it, but...

10. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously?

11. Rhode2Vegas

Rhode2Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A $20 sandwich getting rid of resort fees with a room upgrade is unheard of.

12. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should I ask for a Go Room with a fountain view or is that to specific? Do the strip view Fab rooms have fountain views- so if I simply ask for a fountain view might I be put in one of these?

13. Rhode2Vegas

Rhode2Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a fab room booked, rarely will you get bumped to a go room. When presenting the sandwich simply ask if there are any complimentary upgrades available. If they ask what your looking for, go nuts.

14. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a Fab room booked the last 2 years and both times I asked for an upper floor GO room facing the fountains. 2 years ago got one on the 27th floor with a great view of the fountains. Perfect room in my opinion. Last year we got 25th floor GO room straight across from Caesars. This room didn't have a separate tub and shower like the previous one but still a GO room and still a good view of Caesars and the mountains. Both times tipped $20. Have Flamingo fab room booked again in a week. Will give it a try again.

15. _xo

_xo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I've never done the $20 trick before, but excited to try it in a few weeks. Question is, if i'm checking in for 3 rooms at once on 7/16 - should I stack $20 per room for $60 total OR just give $20 and see what happens?

16. Rhode2Vegas

Rhode2Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try $40 and make sure you make it clear you are looking for upgrades on all 3 rooms.

17. _xo

_xo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Rhodes!

18. vegasbride

vegasbride Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did it go? Third time equally a charm as the previous 2 years?

19. vegasbride

vegasbride Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @xo did you book the 3 rooms through Total Rewards? I just became a Platinum TR member, but booked myself and 6 other people through Orbitz for my Oct Wedding. We have a Go Mini suite, but everyone has the Fab Rooms. It has not been until recently I started reading the horrible reviews and now I feel awful, so was going to try to go to the desk with $100 to see if I could get everyone (5 rooms) upgraded... If I change the rooms through Orbitz I am charged the remaining difference along with $50 per change.

20. LVfan

LVfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4th year in a row....we like the location of the Flamingo which is why we stay there and more affordable.... always had a GO room...this year assigned a FAB room...with our platinum status and ability to check in the separate area for Platinum and Diamond we both had a $20 tip readily available and with our past history and staying for 7 nights and arriving on a Tuesday put us in good stead....we were upgraded to the GO rooms side by side as a "one time courtesy" for this year. Hopefully when we go next year we will be given the same. Cannot comment on the FAB rooms but the GO rooms we like. The coffee maker, small fridge, TV in the bathroom mirror, motorized sheers and drapes with the full length windows are features we like. 4th year - 4th different view.

None of us are high rollers but with the restructuring of CET we only got a two comped nights unlike more in the past. Resort fees were on every night including the 2 comped nights.

The Platinum status is a nice little perk here and there....no wait in line at the Paris Buffet and some other things.

Added info: we did have the $20 bill discreetly folded (sandwich) under the credit card slighlty visible which we are sure helped. Obviously the rooms were available for him to be able to accommodate us after we explained our past 3 years experience and what we were hoping for this year as well.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015