$20 ARIA

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Discussions on using the $20 trick at Aria.

2. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had good results using the trick at the Aria several times in the past but when I checked in last month, the young clerk immediately snatched the 20 bucks before he even started checking, saying "I'm sure we can find something nice for you" and I ended up with a regular room on a low floor. I'm wondering now if I should hold onto the cash the next time until I see what I get.

3. Mindcr1me

Mindcr1me Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at Aria in June for 5 days, 1 day comp and reduced rate the other 4. Anyone have any success upgrading from a regular room to a Corner Suite or similar or even something better?

4. gazilionar

gazilionar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive got a corner suite booked for a weekend at aria. Do I have a chance of being upgraded to anything better? Or just a better view?

5. dante25

dante25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying there May 29 - June 1 comped in a regular room wondering if the 20 dollar trick would make a difference to upgrade to a corner suite... I am not that interested in a view since i will be there solo

6. Mindcr1me

Mindcr1me Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do the trick today when you get there will you let us know if it worked and if you were able to get a corner suite? I'll be trying the same thing in a few weeks and am curious to find out how you fare. Thanks and good luck!!!

7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't even think you could pay for upgrade, let alone get a free upgrade.

With comped rooms, you have to be comped to get the next level room.

If they put you in the next size room for free it's because you've already earned the comp... but then you'd already be in that room if you've already earned it.

I get comp'd regular rooms at the Aria all the time. I'm also platinum with MLife. I'm already eligible for a room upgrade being platinum and I always use that on proximity to the elevator... since view, high floor, and proximity to the elevator are considered upgrades.

BoL!

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been at Aria in similar situations (one or two comp nights, the rest discounted) many times, and even tipping $50 (which I always do, just because I like to think it brings me good luck for the rest of the trip) have never gotten to anything beyond a "City View" room, which isn't much of an upgrade because Aria's shape and location means that the Strip is essentially blocked from view by the rest of the hotel. I've actually grown to like the mountain view at Aria a bit more.

9. ecrispy

ecrispy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Aria last year, I'm not a frequent visitor like most people here, and this was our first luxury hotel stay in Vegas. The $20 trick didn't work, the note was returned to me very quickly. Had a nice time, its a great hotel but a little too expensive (like most of the big ones I guess), really wish the trick would've worked.

10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that the Harmon is essentially down, the City View is a little better as more of the Strip can be seen.
    That may be a temporary thing as they will probably try to put something in there that can generate revenue.

11. Sunshine-Elle

Sunshine-Elle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi gang, love Aria, stay there 2-3 times a year, usually 3 comp 2-3 discounted. We are gold mlife. We will ask for an upgrade to a junior suite, usually room number ends in 102. Will always give a tip after the fact, if successful. This is my opinion on the fading art of "the sandwich".:thumbsdown:

In today's world of computers, (analytics) every discount,upgrade,Comp. is tracked, scrutinized, and reports generated. The management above the check in level will question why $20 was put in an employees pocket, but lost revenue on rooms. Security cameras will confirm.
    Just an opinion.:beer:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. daugag02

daugag02 Tourist

Was there last week and was told that they could not bump a deluxe room to a corner suite as a comp anymore. Best they could do was high floor, strip view etc.

13. mattghum3

mattghum3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying there on September 13 for 7 nights. I'll report back as I'll likely be trying the $20 trick

14. whifi

whifi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    booked in a basic Sky Suites room for my honeymoon Oct 10-13; originally booked a regular room and they offered me a Sky Suites upgrade for $225/night which seemed like a sweet deal so I jumped on it. I wonder if slipping the Sky Suites check-in person a $50 could nab us a bigger suite? I suppose it's worth a try... :)

15. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    got a queen room booked, going to sandwhich 20, hoping to get strip view and a comp mini fridge

16. dhit

dhit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had booked a basic king 9/24-9/28, the Aria was sold out on 9/26. I was not given another type of room but we did get a strip view on the highest floor (54) and a treat was sent to our room. Maybe I could have got it for free, but worth it to me.

17. catfishncwc

catfishncwc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody have any luck with $20 trick at Aria. Had luck once but that was a few years ago.

18. tkaikis9

tkaikis9 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sky Suites in August

Heading to Aria in August and have booked 1-bed sky suite with the mountain view for 4 nights at a discounted rate (Mlife Gold). Any chance the $20 trick works in the sky suites for at least a strip view upgrade?

19. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a regular King room booked in February for 2 comped nights and was paying $159 for the Friday night. At check in with no $20, they offered a corner suite for $50 a night. I went ahead and took it. On check out, I noticed on the bill yes we did pay for the $50 a night for the corner suite BUT they took off the $159 rate for that Friday so ended up only paying the $50 a night plus resort fee for a wonderful corner suite where we could go to the Tower Suite Lounge for snacks and drinks anytime.

Sema Show
  20. tls030583

tls030583 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a rare SUCCESFUL $20 trick story at Aria to share. Checked in March 21st for a 5 night stay in a regular room. I was there to attend a conference (not at the hotel but I always stay at Aria anyway) and my husband joined me mid-trip so that we could also celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I must add that I emailed the hotel in advance and told them we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and asked if there was anything they could do to make it special. So, I checked in on a Monday, it was bout 2:30 in the afternoon, and made sure the clerk wasn't near a manager. I told them the airline had lost my bag (which they had) and that my husband and I were there to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (true) and asked with the $20 sandwich if there was any complimentary upgrades available. The incredibly nice clerk waited for the phone and on the phone FOREVER, apologizing over and over for taking so much time and initially said they were negative for suites on the Friday night of our stay but then "checked again" and was able to score us a junior suite on the 39th floor, strip view. To say it was an AMAZING room was and understatement. To top it off, I was already coming in on very low rates ($69, $69, $71, $71 and $145). I couldn't have had a better experience. For those who keep trying with no luck, this was my third time trying the $20 trick at Aria and the only time is has worked.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Tags: