$20 Park MGM/Nomad

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the thread to discuss the $20 Trick at Monte Carlo.

2. cam9219

cam9219 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Vegas over Easter Weekend and stayed at the Monte Carlo through MyVegas comp rooms. Did the $20 trick and resort fees were waived, got a strip view room on the 31st floor, and think we may have gotten an extra free drink ticket or two.

3. Casey Kas

Casey Kas Tourist

Did you ask for the resort fees to be waived and complimentary upgrades?

4. cam9219

cam9219 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, she went ahead and did it without us asking.

5. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Success at the Monte Carlo, checking in on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. Gave the $20, and was asked what type of room I was looking for. Asked for a spa suite, but was told they don't have spa suites anymore for health reasons. Didn't really believe this (and the suites are still showing as available on the website) but was offered an upgrade to a Monaco Suite, so that was good enough for me. The only problem was that none of the amenities promised with the resort fee (water, newspaper, etc.) were not available but responded to their survey after my stay and they refunded 50% of my resort fees which wasn't expected. Either way, $20 for the upgrade to the Monaco for two nights was well worth it.

6. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder what MC would have done if you actually called to complain...

7. stev0ftw

stev0ftw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from staying at the MC. $20 trick success! 20th floor, strip view, not a suite but waived all resort fees for 3 nights...

8. 1slomofo

1slomofo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Utter failed attempt for me.

sandwiched $20 bucks during early check-in. I was booked 1 night in a king room. Was given a double queen on near ground level, charged me an extra 20 bucks to early check-in and full resort fees.

And this was on a Thursday !

The clerk was super nice and there was no attitude from me at any time. Except at the end Im sure i had a bad look my face.. I almost took my 20 bucks back.

9. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That might be the saddest $20 trick story I've ever heard.

What would have made you take the $20 back? If the bellman rode on your back to the room with your suitcase on his head?

10. divisiblebyzero

divisiblebyzero Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I went in July of '15, the girl at check-in was super cordial, but when I asked about any upgraded rooms and she said I could pay for a upgrade if they had one available. (should have taken the offer my basic room was rough) She then proceeded to hand me the $20 back asking if I wanted change. :p

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lmao; you would have been justified in taking back the $20 isl1mofo. Normally when the clerk doesn't provide an upgrade, they hand the tip back...then it's up to you if you want them to keep it.

12. Hobocop

Hobocop Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It works

Just checked in an hour ago. Had an M Life offer of 25 a night. Used the $20 on top of the already cheap room and got upgraded to a high floor. Not a suite though..then again it's spring break weekend apparently..

13. ab562

ab562 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, I would have said that $20 is for late check out since you're charging me for everything.

14. tjknisley

tjknisley Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 Trick

Can you tell me exactly how this works? When did you give it to them - when you checked in or checked out? Thanks!

15. BigWW

BigWW High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be here in about a month and will report back. Hopefully it will be more along the lines of cam9219.

16. cam9219

cam9219 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it at check-in. The $20 bill doesn't necessarily have to be sandwiched but somewhere visible to the clerk. I'd start by asking if they had any upgrades available while going through the check-in process.

And to BigWW, I stayed at MC again in June 2015 and skipped the $20 trick since we had another group in our party check-in earlier with it and didn't quite get anything so I just asked for a high floor with a view and she obliged. Our room became the meeting room for the rest of the trip to pregame before heading out!

Both my stories happened on a check-in Thursday night and check-out Sunday scenario.

17. swuulumm

swuulumm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was at Monte Carlo over fourth of july weekend; tried the $20 trick.

they were fully booked and could not do anything but 'strip view on a high floor'. We said yes...

After arriving at the floor, we noticed the money was still in the passport....

Does that count as a failure as she didnt take the money?!

[She definitely noticed the money; she had it in the hand at some point before checking for possibly upgrades; i think she just forgot to take it in the end]

18. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried this recently here? Im stopping by here for 1 night on a Friday 3 weeks from now before i stay at Encore for 2 nights.

I wonder if it's still busy with all the construction and if that helps with upgrades.

19. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping so. I've got a trip planned for the last weekend of April, and I'd use a $50 if I thought it would get me a MC suite or a Hotel32 studio. By that point they will have relocated their lobby, which suggests to me that construction will really be in full swing and they'll have had several weeks of people trashing them on the review sites. I'm figuring that a little charm and some shameless bribery will go a long way

EDC
  20. MIA_305

MIA_305 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats up guys. Haven't been on in a while since 2014 lol. When I stayed it was Nascar weekend in March 2014 and the hotel was packed! I waited and looked for the rep between the ages of 25-35 since then i had read to look for someone in that age range and it was a hit. Folded my $20 between debit card and ID and asked for any available upgrades. I added a wink in there for good luck. Got me from a regular near floor level room to a 31 floor strip view.

I will be going to Vegas soon but not sure where we are staying yet.