$20 Luxor

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the thread to discuss the $20 Trick at Luxor

2. Vegabound

Vegabound Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok...heading there August... worked like a charm last time at MC... does it work here?

3. gadgetgirlz

gadgetgirlz Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has worked at the Luxor all 6 times I stayed there.

4. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had success a few weeks ago. Had the $20 on the counter, and some brief conversation about my sons birthday. She walked away for a minute and a free myvegas room turned into a 2 bedroom suite. Tried to give her the 20, and she told us to put it in play and win.

5. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you tell us a bit about the room, or any photos. We have 4 nights booked in September, I'd love an upgrade like this.

Q

6. himay6

himay6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a myvegas free room here and I'm going to give it a shot in a few weeks

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recent fail. Handed a twenty over underneath my credit card. The Lobby blobby tossed it out in the open and offered a paid upgrade. Normally $55 a night for a pyramid jacuzzi suite, knocked down to $35. We took it and I wish we hadn't. Stay out of the pyramid. Trust me on this. The Lobby blobby kept the twenty even though she did jack shit for us.

8. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 1 for 3 for attempts. Only time it worked was when I was solo and checking in at VIP Line (comped room). Had booked a Tower Room King, asked for a Tower Room Player's Room - she upgraded to the room (see Royal Flusher's previous Trip Report for details). It was a basic Tower Room, no bigger in size, except had a wet bar, improved bed (and bedding) and sound system. Other than that, nothing extra over regular room. In fact, I had to move after 1st night (loud neighbours), and they put me in the other tower with same type of room, except furnishings looked about 20 years older. In the end, gave $10 for upgrade after keys handed to me (no fancy credit card hiding).

9. weegranty

weegranty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worked for us in August,i handed over $20 and asked for a free upgrade,had booked for Pyramid Queen,gave us Tower Deluxe Queen room for the full 14 nights.

10. Tnev83

Tnev83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on my honeymoon a couple years back (march 2014), decided to try it. Had the 20 ready with card and ID and asked if there were any complimentary upgrades and worked like a charm, Went from a tower deluxe to a tower king suite for our stay.

11. xtrme98

xtrme98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has worked for me. Upgraded from regular Deluxe Room to a Pyramid Queen suite. It was my one and only stay at Luxor. The room was dirty. Trash on the floor. We called and told them and also pushed the trash a little more out in the open and each day our sheets were changed and towels refilled but our trash remained. So, while the room got bigger, it wasn't worth it for sure

12. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it worth trying this for a 10 night stay? im sure i heard before it was very unlikely to get upgrades when staying for a longer time.

13. jcsuperstaruk

jcsuperstaruk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it worth doing to $20 trick, when you don't want a room upgrade, you just want a room location. I'm staying at the Luxor, but just want a view of the Strip and to be up high. I've already booked the upgraded room I want...
    If so, does this work at the Luxor still. :D:usa:

14. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the latest is Pyramid SUITES remain un-renovated while the regular Pyramid rooms are being renovated called then are called the Cleo?
    Is this the correct room hierarchy:
    Tower Suite
    Cleo Pyramid room
    Pyramid Suite
    Tower room
    Pyramid room

15. Nivek82

Nivek82 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did it for first time at Luxor VIP check in and lady laughed when she saw the sandwich. Got a players suite when booked tower room. I think it is worth it wth additional tip for the lounge for the week. Thanks Luxor.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chozen317

Chozen317 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will update on a comped room attempt when I return in October when we return from our 5th trip.

17. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @jcsuperstaruk I know it's been a while, but what did you end up with? I have a Cleo Pyramid room booked and would rather have a view of The Stip then a suite. By looking at pictures, it looks like the Luxor Towers and Excalibur might really block the view of the Strip, but might not be that big of a deal. I like watching airplanes so view wouldn't be horrible.

18. sc121800

sc121800 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Vegas last april to get married. We booked a Tower king for a week stay. I tried the $20 trick and was denied. In fact she said she would upgrade us for getting married. We actually were given a Pyramid King .. I think we actually got a down grade.. the room was extremely dark.. and our room was at the opposite corner from the elevator.. horrible long walk.. I wont stay there again.. We are going back this april and staying Downtown where I see it happens a lot more..

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. gmarquez1976

gmarquez1976 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm checking in in May. I have a regular pyramid room. I would love a room that faces east for the sun rise. Doing the $20 trick what should I ask for? Never stayed at Luxor before.

20. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok..... not quite the $20 trick, I went a bit further......
    I had the 1bed tower suite comped anyway for 5 nights, but at check-in, I put a $100 between gold card and CC...
    I said I would like the Prem Suite ! :) (I actually said I want the 2 bedroom suite, but she couldn't do it due to availability, and cant trick the system into allocating a free room next to the prem suite to make it a 2bedroom suite)...

So upgrade worked, but at a higher cost :)

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!