$20 Linq

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the thread to discuss the $20 Trick at Linq.

2. heather.melski

heather.melski Tourist

Upgrade trick at Linq?

Has anyone tried upgrading their room with the money between 2 cards at the Linq? I was told to try it out just wondering since I've never done that before.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look at the sticky thread on "20 dollar trick" and you can read some of the stories Heather. This is common practice in LV and yields mixed results based on occupancy, time of day and mood of hotel worker!

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  4. shadowguitar

shadowguitar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had a great stay at the Linq. I booked a room with 2 Doubles to save some cash, and asked for a complimentary upgrade to something with a bigger bed(I'm 6 foot 7). They gave me a King room with a pool view - works for me! Didn't even need to put up the $20.

That being said, be very aware that the pool-view rooms can hear the music at the pool whenever its open. Monday to Thursday its open 9am-5pm, but weekends have "night-swim" that goes until midnight. If you go to bed early on a weekend, you will hear the music quite clearly! Didn't bother me since I was out all night, but not everyone stays out late!

I highly recommend Hash House A Go-Go for waking up in the AM. Huuuuuge portions.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was also able to switch 2 doubles to a king in April after we realized our room wasn't ideal in terms of size and location. I gave her a $20 for the switch because she deserved it, but she sure made it sound like I didn't need to. And sounds like we don't want a pool view this weekend! But g/f might like the night swim! But she might be too sober for the rest of the pool at those hours too. :thumbsdown:

6. Wido78

Wido78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked a Deluxe Room (Comped) for a Mon - Thurs.

Arrived about 3pm and proceeded to the front desk. We got a very friendly associate and I handed her the "sandwich" and asked for any complimentary upgrades. We proceeded to chit-chat for a bit and then she said thank you, I think you will really like your room. She then said that I didn't need to tip her and insisted that I take the $20 back. I am glad she did, because as my wife said upon entering the room... "This room looks like a jail cell." It had to be one of their smaller rooms and it had a small slit for a window. The view from the "window" was an interior view that looked at the roof.

I would consider this a failed attempt.

However after a few drinks, I went back to the front desk and complained about the room and asked for a new room - preferably a suite. They did upgrade us to a suite for an extra $20 a night which was well worth the fee.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. rollthembones

rollthembones Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to the Linq at the end of March, going to try the trick then. We are not checking in until late, 11ish so maybe we'll get lucky.

8. Stizz19

Stizz19 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you end up trying a $20?

9. ckompressor

ckompressor Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey guys i'm headin to vegas on monday and staying at the linq. What kind of comp upgrades have people been getting here lately? Any help would be appreciated

10. JoeM78

JoeM78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the sandwich at the Linq in August 2015 and had no luck. The agent was very polite and declined the tip stating there were no complimentary offers available.

It should be noted I was checking in early (noon) and was staying for a long time (9 nights).

I stayed at the Linq again in January but did not attempt the sandwich again as I got the vibe I would have no luck again.

Best of luck!

• Love Love x 1
  11. ckompressor

ckompressor Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came back from my trip. Because my room was comped the only room available when I booked online was one with 2 queens. At check in I politely asked if I could get a room with a king bed, the agent said she would take a look and she upgraded me to a king mini suite for no charge. When i offered a tip she pushed back on it and said it wasn't necessary. I checked in on a monday night at 11 pm though. So not sure that made a difference. Had a wonderful stay at the Linq and will be back again!

12. THE FLYING V

THE FLYING V Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked in to the Linq with the "sandwich" ....comped king deluxe upgraded to a King suite with no resort fees for our stay...sweet!

13. CMUCPA14

CMUCPA14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any experience in 2017 with the sandwich at the Linq?

14. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there April 12 for three days. $20 got me an upgrade to a suite. Still paid the resort fees.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. survivoropoly007

survivoropoly007 Tourist

Hello I was just in Vegas on Oct 13-17. I checked in around 1130 PST on that Fri. Tried the sandwich, she said no upgrades were available (and didn't even make it seem like she was giving us anything good). She said we could try back the next day if we wanted (which we didn't). Ended up on 20th floor with partial High Roller view.

16. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone ever gotten a Pool Cabana room w/ the $20 trick?
    We are there this weekend (F-T) & it shows availability for them. Our son is with us the first 2 nights; but I could suck up sleeping w/ DH on a double for 2 nights to have that cabana--especially since it is supposed to be lovely weather!

17. CMUCPA14

CMUCPA14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn’t hold my breath. Tried a $50 for a 3-night King suite from a basic room and was denied. They seem much more strict at the LinQ than other properties, all things being equal. LinQ is the only place $50 didn’t work.. worked at PH and Paris, FWIW.

18. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gonna have to try this on my next trip!

19. buknaked36

buknaked36 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped Monday through Friday of Labor Day week. Not like I give Caesars any play but somehow I got the nights free at the Linq. Make sure to check your Total Rewards for offers.

I tried $20 sandwich. Desk girl acted like it wasn't there and handed it back to me with my ID and credit card.

We were checking in around noon. Check in time was 3 PM. It was an additional $30 to get into a room immediately???

I paid $20 / night to upgrade to mini suite. Very nice room with poor view but overall very happy for $60 / night total.

20. beltmt

beltmt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed here 2 weeks ago. A quick trip over a weekend. After reading the info on here I decided to try to upgrade my standard room. It was super busy at check in time. I got stuck with a new girl, training, I didnt realky hide it . Handed my ID, and credit card. Laid a 100 on her keyboard and said I see it's very busy, any chance of an upgrade. She smiled and set it aside, said tips are greatly appreciated if I can upgrade you. She finished my info, walked over to her manager, and pointed over to me. He went to work. I ended up with a top floor king suite. It was worth it to me as a 100 doesnt go far when I gamble, lol. I'm gonna try it again over new years and see if I can replicate the success

Tags: