$20 Paris

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread is to discuss the $20 Trick at Paris

2. CDNgirl

CDNgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arriving at Paris this Thursday May 7...Anyone have any insights to offer? Plan to try it anyhow! Thanks

3. CDNgirl

CDNgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Post trip fyi: Did not receive an upgrade, and $20 handed back...but did get a higher (10th) floor, quiet, non smoking room as requested...and room was fine- dated but adequate for the little time spent in it. Roomy bathroom with separate shower as well as a tub.

4. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooms are showing some age but we love staying here

5. SeaJay

SeaJay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird... I know I posted to this thread when I stayed at Paris...
    This was maybe a year and a half ago but the $20 trick worked well for me. I was upgraded to a recently renovated red room with a nice strip view. It was simple to do and was well worth the $20. I will be staying at Paris again in a about 6 weeks and will definitely be trying it again.

I'm female and was traveling alone.

6. okiedog

okiedog Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got a corner room with the $20 trick on the 25 floor!

7. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used the trick at Paris many times. Love their Red P Rooms with and Eiffel Tower/ Fountain view. Ahhh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SeaJay

SeaJay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm being comped this year for a high floor red room with an Eiffel Tower view. I'll ask for a P room (sans $20).
    I suppose I could ask about a suite but if I get what I've got reserved, I'll be happy.

9. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an FYI, Eiffel Tower view rooms have to deal with the sounds from the Chateau nightclub on Wednesday and Friday nights. If you turn in after 4 AM no problem. We were on the 21st floor two weeks ago and while the noise was not too bad, Friday night while falling asleep I could feel the base from below. IMO, they have ruined the view rooms.

10. SeaJay

SeaJay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked there for a Monday and Tuesday night. Only planning on sleeping there Tuesday night, but to receive the comp, I had to have a minimum 2 night booking. I'm hoping that the Chateau noise won't be an issue on a Tuesday night. The nightclub noise is a good thing to keep in mind for the future, though - thanks.

11. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No nightclub noise on Tuesday nights so you will be good.

12. SeaJay

SeaJay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a red room, upper floor, Eiffel Tower view booked (complementary stay). The booking was for 2 nights although the original intention was to stay for one night only (complementary stay was only good for 2 nights+ stays and I had wanted to stay 2 nights (also complementary) at Cosmopolitan before arriving at Paris). However, it turned out that at the Cosmo I had a crappy City room with a fabulous view there (struck out with the $20 trick there - first time ever).

The check-in line at Paris was horrendously long but moved quickly enough. I did NOT offer the $20 sandwich since I was happy enough to get the room I was booked for. I asked for what I had booked, and threw in that if she had a "P" Red Room, all the better. I didn't feel strongly enough about that to offer the $$, and at that point I thought I might only be staying there for just the following night.

However, it seemed like it was all going to go sideways initially. It was 4:00 pm, right at check-in time, and the clerk (mid-30s, female with a French accent) said they were all sold out of the view rooms, Uh,say what? That wasn't happy news. But the clerk said that she'd take care of me and get me a nice room, but she just had to get her manager to sign off on it. She disappeared for a while, and then came back and told me that she was giving me a Le Mans Suite, which usually goes for $350 - $550/night and that she thought I'd really like it.

And well... I went up to the room to check it out... and immediately decided to go get my luggage at the Cosmo and stay two nights at Paris, and only one night at Cosmo instead. The "P" Le Mans suite at Paris had a king sized bed, a wet bar, a fridge for guest use,a stocked coffee machine, and a giant bathroom equipped with a deep jacuzzi tub, separate shower, bidet, and dual sinks. The room was large and very comfortable. The bedroom part wasn't renovated but it was nice enough and had a European feel, and it was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the room had a flat screen TV in a wooden cabinet. There was a separate desk and seating area with a couch and two chairs. The a/c worked well, was quiet and didn't directly blast the bed with freezing cold air all night (you'd be surprised how many of them in Vegas do). The view was only so-so, but that was ok because the room itself was so much better than the City Room that I had at the Cosmo (I took lots of photos at the Cosmo). I decided I could live with the crappier view but nicer room at Paris.

Turns out that sometimes you can score without the $20.

13. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone tried it recently at Paris?? I have a regular (not red) room booked with Eiffel view. Would like a high floor red!

14. jamie73

jamie73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worked for me on sept 20 . Red room 2 queens were comped $20 got us a Le Mans suite also checked in late 11pm

15. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris Upgrades

Howdy Y'all! Looking at (3-23-27) Let's say I book the Classic King and wait till I check in to see if I can get a free upgrade to a Red Room/Eiffel Tower/ High View even if I have to do the Sandwich Trick? Is this possible?

VEGAS BABY!
  16. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you will find that a $20 sandwich will do the trick.

Always works for me!

17. Screwball

Screwball Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to convert 2 standard rooms into red rooms facing the strip and fountains with a $20. Great view and good sized rooms.

18. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've done it recently? Thanks mganut! :beer:

VEGAS BABY!
  19. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can report that the trick worked tonight when checking in. The clerk gave me the $20 back initially cause she said she'd feel guilty if she couldn't upgrade me. Ended up with a strip view; upgrade from a normal room, but didn't quite reach red room with the trick.

20. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has the $20 trick worked for anyone lately at Paris? I am going in June from June 5 to 10.