1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$20 Mandalay Bay/Delano

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be at MB next week for our 30th wedding anniversary. I figured I would ask what they can do for an upgrade. I would be willing to pay some extra if the room is really special like a suite. 10 years ago at Caesars for our 20th anniversary I got us a super nice complimentary room upgrade, I mentioned the anniversary and had the $20 sitting next to my card.

2. TBoG

TBoG Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had booked a standard room in Mandalay Bay as part of a big convention last week. Talked the front desk/check in rep quite a bit and slipped a $20 with my drivers license, Credit Card, MLife Pearl and scored a 34th floor suite over in the Delano for my three night stay!

• Like Like x 3
  3. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently my Sunday check in day is a busy one with a lot going on in town this weekend between the NASCAR race, a fight, and all the political rivals in town last week. Anyway, did a $50 sandwich and got $150 in F&B credit and I was told to stop down tomorrow (Monday) just after noon and he would try to upgrade me to a suite at Delano. Worst that happens is that he claims he doesn't remember me, but at least I tripled my tip with the F&B credit.

<edit> So on Monday at 12:15 like I was told I gathered my things and headed to the check in desk. I was remembered and he even remembered my room number. He immediately clicked in the computer and handed me two keys for room 15-201 which is an executive suite with a strip view. This room is amazing. Pull out couch facing the strip, huge tub in the bathroom and even a mirror with a built in television. The $150 F&B was worth the $50 tip, especially with the prices the property charges for everything, but the room upgrade is WELL WORTH the $10 a day the tip cost me.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. B T

B T Engineer, gambler, drinker. Order varies in Vegas.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you got the Delano suite for the 4 night portion of your 5 night stay? Plus 150$ f&b is a steal.

Oyster Bar, Nobu, Hell's Kitchen, Mon Ami Gabi... oh yes
    • Like Like x 2
  5. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Delano suite. It is a suite within MB. He mentioned the Delano when I checked in but couldn't make that happen. It's called an Executive King. All one room, just a much larger room with sitting area looking out and a larger bathroom. Sorry for the confusion. Still amazing though considering that I'm paying almost nothing for my stay here other than resort fees. ($15 a day ave. and that was only because of a marketing offer)

• Love Love x 1
  6. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, my first time staying at Mandalay Bay. Going to try the $20 trick. What should I be asking for (that’s realistic)?

December 10th - December 13th
    June 2nd - June 7th
  7. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What room do you have booked? Through the players club, direct booking or third party?

Personally, I would try to get upgraded to Delano.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Packeral

Packeral Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for a Skyview suite. It’s slow now. The worst they say is no. Especially if you’ll be there midweek

9. LLK311

LLK311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked with the basic King room at the Delano for 2 nights Sunday to Tue on a comp- what's a reasonable upgrade to ask for for $20 or $50? Is scenic King too much?

10. AsicFox

AsicFox Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also curious about this, I’m booked Sun-Wed in a comped scenic suite. I’m going to try a $20 and ask for an upgrade, but what should I expect/ask for?

11. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scenic isnt a huge upgrade and seems like a reasonable ask. They're just the end hallway corner units with a little extra space (and I mean a little - I think they are 15 or 16 square feet larger) looking at the public rates for random dates over the next couple weeks, it looks like they are about $30 per night extra versus the cheapest king room.

Festivus in Vegas, if its open!
    Christmas like a Caesar
  12. 1stoppop

1stoppop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the $20 sandwich at MB last November. It was a fairly busy weekend when I was there. I was comped for a King Strip View room. The lady was extremely helpful. She gave me an Elite King Strip View. Not a significant upgrade but it did seem quite a bit larger and had a couch. She was apologetic that it was all she had to offer. I truly believed she tried to do better but there was nothing available.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a reservation for a Dec 17th thru Dec 22nd at MB. Currently have booked an Elite King Suite, with 3 of the nights comped, $50 FP $50RC. Might rebook on Dec 5th when the new offers come in.

I always try a $50 sandwich everywhere I go. This time I plan on asking if there are any Skyview Suites available, based on what I've read to ask for. I'm guessing I probably won't get an upgrade to that, but maybe to an Executive King would be nice.

14. jegbomb52

jegbomb52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a big leap last week checking into Delano. I was checking in with a 3 night comp, $30 free play, $50 F & B offer. Friday - Sunday nights were comped, and I had to pay $35 for Monday night. We were originally booked in a Delano King Suite. Obviously resort fees were going be charged. This was a big weekend for us and I have heard that Mandalay / Delano was big with additional F & B credits with a sizable tip at check in so I rolled the dice with $100 bill. Obviously a nice upgrade would be $25 a night, not bad if we landed it.

I handed my id and credit card with the $100 sandwiched in between to a late twenties / early thirties young lady with a smile on her face around 8:45 PM Friday night. There was no line, and she was the only one at the desk. I let her know we were celebrating a big weekend and asked her if she had any complimentary upgrades, specifically a scenic king suite with a view. She smiled, said she was happy we chose to spend our special weekend with them at Delano, and she would see what she could do. She passingly asked us what time we were leaving town on Tuesday, and I told her we were flying out at 4:00 PM.

After a phone call, and about two minutes on the computer she smiled and let me know she was going to upgrade us free of charge to a Scenic View King Suite at the end of the hall on the 30th floor with an amazing view, would send up a fridge for the case of bottled water she noticed we had picked up on our way from the airport, and would be applying a $150 F & B credit to our room on top of it. She then mentioned she put us down for a complimentary 2:00 PM Check Out on Tuesday so we didn't have to rush or check our bags prior to heading to the airport. All in all the $100 was well worth it in the F & B credit alone, not to mention the late check out, fridge brought to room, and amazing room.

Best of luck everyone!

• Like Like x 6
  15. EdRut25

EdRut25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

As the Knight of the Grail said in the Indiana Jones movie..."You have chosen wisely"

Attached Files:

16. AsicFox

AsicFox Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just as a data point: I was booked in a comped scenic suite, sandwiched $20, and got moved after some calls to the backroom from the 8th floor to the 30th (still a scenic suite).

Was it a spectacular upgrade? No.
    Am I happy with it? Heck yes! The strip view is absolutely spectacular at night.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. EdRut25

EdRut25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday