$20 Golden Nugget

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. BigSully

BigSully Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried it last year in July. Had the $20 in between my license and credit card. She handed all three back and upgraded us to the Rush tower which was great! Going back on July 5th, hopefully it will work for us again!

2. GJM

GJM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried it in July and was upgraded to the renovated tower. My friend weren't aware of the trick and got the old tower. My room was bigger and much nicer than my friends. Although my view sucked balls, it was the view of a wall :mad: But hey I got a bigger room, it was quiet and renovated so Im not gonna complain. Now, for my next trip hope the tip works whereever I end up staying.

3. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any recent tries? I have a standard Rush tower room booked, would love to upgrade to a corner..

4. overcome1

overcome1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was at the Nugget Feb. 6-9. Booked a standard run of the house room on Priceline. Arrived at 8am. Slipped the lady the sandwich and got upgraded from Carson Tower to the Rush tower. My buddy checked into his room right next to me...no sandwich. Not only was he not upgraded, he wasnt able to check into his room until after 3pm.

5. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 is worth it even for just the early check-in.

6. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has inspired me to try it on my upcoming stay, actually... it would help me a bunch to get in my room around 9:00 am (on a Thursday morning), and my original plan was to just beg and plead... but I never thought about slipping $20 to make it happen.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  7. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good info.. im arriving late so we'll see what happens!

8. Lmarl72936

Lmarl72936 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im checking in this Friday night.. Got comp'd Carson tower.. Lets see if the $20 sandwich trick works. I'll post the results.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mickey

Mickey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m staying at the Nugget in March in a Carson Tower run of house room, what would be a realistic upgrade to pitch for?

10. Lmarl72936

Lmarl72936 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the $20 sandwich Friday night.. It didnt work.. She gave me back my $20 and said they were at full capacity.. As a matter of fact OMG, the room i got was horrible.. They put me on Floor 3 in the Carson Tower facing West... Gave me 2 double beds even though I booked a King (they were all out).. Room was very nice but wholly crap, being next to the parking garage with cars going in and out all night long, car alarms going off, cars honking drove me nuts.. I hate having ear plugs in.. I stayed one night out of my 3 night stay and checked out, went to the Flamingo for the remainder of my 3 day weekend in Vegas..
    Also it snowed and the FWY back to SoCal was closed Monday morning but re-opened around noon.. Took me 6.5 hours to get home VS the normal 3.5 hours.. The good news is that I didnt lose too much money gambling though :)
    Sooooooo if you are going to stay at the Nugget absolutely make sure you do not get a Carson Tower room facing west.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Mickey

Mickey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for the heads up.

12. TBrite

TBrite Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve tried the $20 at Golden Nugget several times. Also tossed out my Landry’s card which is supposed to get you a complimentary upgrade, if available. All I’ve recrived is strange looks and my $20 and Landry’s card handed back to me. I didn’t even try earlier this month since we were booked in a Rush Tower Corner Suite. (Very nice BTW.) I don’t think there is much to upgrade to from those unless you get one of the two level suites.

13. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually they removed that benefit about a year or so ago.

14. TBrite

TBrite Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. It was still in my information packet when I got my Landry’s card last summer.

15. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My check-in ended up being later in the day today... but I got a third-floor Carson Tower room in the 100s (room number 31xx). I immediately thought of this post, and the noise even at 8:00 pm was unbearable. Total bollocks. They should be ashamed of themselves for putting paying guests into a room like that. Make it a storage closet or something.

I went down to complain and they put me on the 18th floor no problem.

This doesn’t directly have to do with the $20 trick... but it’s “moderately” relevant to the subject in that if a $20 trick can be used to ensure you don’t get put into a garbage room like that, it is 100% worth it.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  16. Lmarl72936

Lmarl72936 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh Perfect you got a better room!!!! I wish they would have done that for me but I guess they were at capacity when I was there.

Cheers

17. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had my wife try a $100 complimentary upgrade at the golden nugget last Thursday . they said they had no other rooms , they were completely sold out. however on the computer , on my computer it like they had several different classes of rooms available.

18. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently no one has tried the Nugget in one year as i was the last post. Going again this Saturday and may try again for an upgrade but usually do not have much luck at the Nugget. I certainly will post one way or another

19. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have more room selection and variety downtown than anyone else.
    If anyone should be able to offer a complimentary upgrade it would be them.
    They have been known to be quite stingy.

20. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not stingy. Mr Fertitta is running a very efficient business.
    You want to a better room, you pay for it.
    The front dask doesn't have power to upgrade you for free.

• Agree Agree x 1