1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jon Gruden out as Vegas coach

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by rooster42000, Oct 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was going to cost the team more losses. They barely won the two games in OT obviously. Should’ve been an easy game vs Dolphins. They lucked out because the Steelers suck. The last two game is how the team really is. The Bears one was just pathetic. He leaves the team at 22-31 since rejoining in 2018. That’s a 10 year $100 contract. They had to do it quickly and because he resigned… I’m guessing he can’t sue for the rest of the contract?

2. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can bet a bunch of people are deleting emails today. I’m sure a lot of people say and do stupid stuff. At the very least it’s unprofessional. He sent it from his personal account to the other guy’s work email. He probably thought it was private and was very informal about it. Can you imagine the txting between these two?

That reminds me, I need to streamline my mailbox to clear out more space.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree, they came out flat as a pancake, but I really think most of that was because of the revelation of Gruden's email about Smith. I think a good percentage of players on the team were deflated by their coach's comments. You could see that Carr was clearly not happy during that game. I think they can bounce back in a division that is still wide open. At 3-2 they are only a game behind the Chargers and paper tiger Broncos and one game ahead of the Chiefs. They have quite the home field advantage and I believe that fan base will rally behind this team after this debacle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the other thing, this wasn't just email forwards or something, he was personally making these statements about what were essentially his co-workers or his subordinates, and doing so in the workplace at that. One of my friends said he was surprised that more players didn't stand up for him, and knowing what we do now, even ignoring the PR aspect of it, it was those players that he was talking about. I can't exactly imagine Carl Nassib rushing to his defense, after all.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, and I hate to say this, I think if anything they got lucky on the timing of all this ("lucky" from a fan perspective, the situation is horrible overall). I know a number of people who saw the Friday release about the one email from 2011, thought it was a non-issue, and tuned out after that.

6. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their fans will come out no matter what. Gruden was popular among the fans, but they won't desert their team if he's not there. They've been through a lot over the years and this won't phase them. The question will be if the coordinators can move forward without Gruden. It's not surprising the special teams' coach is now the head coach. The OC and DC will be left to do their jobs which is smart on Davis's part. Like I said, the AFC West is wide open with the Chiefs in a stagger.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Statements like that, in this day and age, are not just one off occurances. This begs the question, who in his circle is accepting of this?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don’t have ANY emails in our in box or folders of any age unless some sort of documentation for a purchase or services provided as backup if problems arise. I KNOW we don’t have 10 year old emails in exchange with other people about social subjects or exchange of pleasantries.
    If this and other emails exist within the WFT archives it will be interesting to see what else is revealed. It seems improbable only Gruden shared ugly insights into the feeling within the NFL. And curiously, the response to his emails by the WFT (Allen) were not released.
    Thus it can be assumed the email was simply read and archived but no response was sent (?). Ever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jon has joined the Howard Cosell Hall of Fame.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He made the cardinal sin of talking crap about Goodell. Once those emails were out there, he was done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. BlackJackLife

BlackJackLife Already dreaming of the next trip

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Possibly.....my guess is there is more that haven't been released yet. And Gruden and the Raiders decided to try and stop it by parting ways. I would like to see a dump of the Commish's email for the last 10 years though!

Summer heat for Independence Day week...
  12. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now you know why the owners are fighting every motion in the case the City of St Louis is bringing against the league for moving the Rams to LA. Imagine the treasure trove of emails Jerry Jones has sent over the last 10-15 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BlackJackLife

BlackJackLife Already dreaming of the next trip

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or Dan Snyder!

Summer heat for Independence Day week...
  14. jpfromla

jpfromla RFB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dick Cheney Rule….don’t write it down.
    And once you send out an email (especially professional correspondence, it’s there forever).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And there's the possibility he may still collect 60 million dollars left on his contract

16. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boy, some of us are coming close to what can be seen as political opinions here. It is true that many authorities tolerate things successful coaches say, and sometimes even things they do as well. Having worked with coaches, been friends with them, spent time in bars and occasionally the locker room with them, I want to say that Gruden's attitudes are not as pervasive as some would suggest that they are. I saw very little overt sexism and no racism in the coaches I knew.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's a pig. It is a good thing he finally was exposed. None of this was exactly a secret. And he doesn't get a pass because other scumballs are still in the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say that but I assume someone already has his emails from the current investigation.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone."

What's next? "Your honor, I knew the gun was loaded and what would happen when I pointed it at my wife and pulled the trigger, but I never meant her any harm."

Yep. True remorse. Demeaning most everyone not like him was simply a fun little game with no harm intended or delivered.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  20. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "I apologize to anyone who was offended"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.