1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jon Gruden out as Vegas coach

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by rooster42000, Oct 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runningonthehub

runningonthehub High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When a person shows you who they are, believe them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, of course, the typical meaningless mea culpa. Once is an oops, a pattern is I-don't-fucking-care-who-I-hurt-or-offend.

• Like Like x 2
  3. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a disaster for the team that's still 3-2. And especially for Nassib, who will have answer a ton of annoying media questions.

Gruden got what he deserved, but they just opened Pandora's Box. How did those emails get to the NYT and WSJ? That doesn't seem like something the Raiders or WFT would have done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m almost a life-long, proud Raiders fan, except for a short stint with the Browns when I was young enough not to know better. They were my favorite team before Jon Gruden and they’ll remain my favorite team long after.

I’m by no means a perfect individual, but I don’t talk or think like that and I exclude those who do from my life.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Roger Goodell and it wasn't some noble deed on his behalf. He was waiting for his moment because Gruden said mean things about him. History shows he is a vindictive son of a bitch.

On a side note, Jon Gruden deserved everything he got for making those comments. Hopefully, he can learn from this and become a better human being.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. Gruden is bad. But who leaked these e-mails? Why only Gruden? What else did they find? If spilling the beans to the press was sanctioned by Goodell, that's not someone I'd want running my football league. This is a high profile personnel/HR matter. No functional business deals with these issues through press leaks. I guess it could have been a rogue attorney or investigator, but it does open up more questions than it answers.

7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for sanctity and even-handedness in the NFL? You'll sooner find ice in the Sahara in August.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wasn't just Gruden, but that's where the media focus is at the moment because he is a current coach and Allen is an already disgraced former exec

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd also like to add that I couldn't care less... "who squealed?”, so a counter-attack can be launched on their motives or the ever popular "well… why was he the only one?" or "what about so and so?" arguments. My guess is other comments and people will surface given the volume of e-mails and information involved.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the idea that the character of the person in question is what matters for him, but we had a major investigation into an NFL franchise, including its owner and a number of people who are still in positions of power within the league and at franchises today. How is Jon Gruden the person most affected by the investigation when he wasn't even the subject? If the premise of this is to clean house, having this leak but not a formal report on the investigation and a summary of conclusions is ridiculous.

I'll set the over/under on the number of emails ever released that were sent to/from an NFL owner at 0.5. Which is the reason this is all buried. If they leaked the twenty worst emails from Daniel Snyder to and from other owners, how many of them would have to sell their teams?

If you want the NFL to be a better place, as I do, they have to do more than just leak some Gruden emails. They buried the most important investigations of the last 20 years. That's totally unacceptable. Can you imagine this NFL under Goodell ever doing something like the Mitchell Report?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Davis wouldn't have had access, most likely, since the Gruden stuff was all sent from his personal email. It could have been Allen, but they were longtime friends and Allen had been fired years ago. The articles said that it was the NFL who had them and turned them over.

12. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that the only people with NFL ties were Gruden and Allen. Trust me when I say that the NFL is very, very proactive on these things.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Vegas is Fabulous When You Degen Responsibly ;)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone who is now at least kind of a Raiders fan by matter of team movements and being a Vegas home-child :cool: I say good riddance - no organization worth their salt has time for that mess :wave: Of course, wasn’t he an ESPN analyst during a lot of the time he was digitally spouting off? Given some of what their other staff has been up to maybe they need to be cleaning house more :hmmm: And considering the investigation that dug Gruden’s digital diarrhea up was originally about the rotting pit that was the Wash. DC’s football team (at least on a back-office/HR/leadership level), I hope those matters don’t get swept under the rug (again) :hmmm::hmmm:

• Like Like x 1
  14. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady, The Goat of all Goats. repeat LVI- #8

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, so proactive that they did not even commission a written report on an investigation of 650,000 emails, dozens of interviews, etc., with no written communications from the entire investigation leaking until now. This is the sort of proactivity only a mob boss or J. Edgar Hoover could love.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gus

Gus High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what i want to see is the bruce allen emails

the dan snyder "topless" pics and passport scandal re opened , when basically he forced the cheerleaders to fraternize with snyders friends and vips

and the st louis rams debacle. the nfl "Stole" the rams away never gave the fan base there a chance to find an owner to keep the team there

i understand that nfl want's to show off and say look at us in pretty los angeles but come on!

and yes once they found those stored emails goodell saw them . and boom leaks everywhere, especially when goodell is named by gruden.

2021 birthday/new years bash
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's absolutely incredible that the first time we hear about Bruce Allen sharing these photos is in a Gruden leak. That is an incredible act for a general manager of an NFL team. And it's all swept under the rug until...this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, there are worse stories about Allen that have been known for at least a few years now. I would say the forced prostitution of the team cheerleaders ranks a tad worse :vomit:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The NFL protects ... NFL owners.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady, The Goat of all Goats. repeat LVI- #8

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status: