1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BeeeJay's 8 Week Fall Vegas-Phoenix Golf, Gambling, Hookers & Blow Binge

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by BeeeJay, Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i had Spieth when he won the Masters and cashed the ticket to start trip, hit a royal, went on a monster craps roll at Margaritaville, then hit another royal. Maybe you can parlay the Bryson win into a whole new set!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that’s HUGE. My swing is so varying but I am finding having a matched set of clubs at least helps. I have the rogue fairway woods and hybrid—LOVE THEM!!

3. SimonG

SimonG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wouldn't need the parlay, had enough down where a straight win will do it. I have new irons, new putter and a new hybrid, so a driver will do it, and if getting fitted for that gains me 20-30 yards, I'll be needing a 3wood to fill the gap. After that, new trolley, new shoes, new rangefinder. Hmm, maybe I might need that parlay after all....

Not that the logic holds ofc, but as a man of modest means, it is tough to want to pull up $500 for a driver. However, if a $50 futures bet lands.... that seems more than ok then :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hilarious, my exact logic. After big win and successfully locking in by not gambling last 36 hours in Vegas and cancelling upcoming trip, I figured I saved at least a few thousand if not the entire wad, and thus deserved a few "minor" purchases. Also bought the wife a few things. Even after the purchases, the extra time in Scottsdale, and the golf green fees for 16 rounds, I'm still coming out with some net win so why the hell not. YOLO. :beer:

• Like Like x 4
  5. SimonG

SimonG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like my new driver is going to struggle to make the cut :oops:

If he somehow Top10s from here, I'll get my money back and I'd be very happy with that, but it looks like I'll have to keep swinging the old faithful for a few more months.

6. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i actually returned the Mavrik—my old big Bertha was much better, must have been a bad shaft for me. That’s what she said!

I reserved another Airbnb so I can stay in Phoenix straight thru the entire winter. All 3 kids full remote schooling now so all coming with me. I’m about 2/3 of the way thru reserving 50 tee tomes in Phoenix between Nov 27-Apr 4. Playing every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday

• Like Like x 2
  7. SimonG

SimonG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gone back into lockdown over here, so no golf in November. Then the weather makes it very tough to play much thru March, I've entered a couple of winter competitions, the new World handicap system has gone mad and somehow I've been given a couple extra shots while everyone else has been slashed to ribbons. The way the course is set up, if I don't go deep in one of these comps I'm never going to win anything. Matchplay suits me perfectly on my home course and it is quite possible that I would be playing holes with a 9iron approach (with a shot!) against a low handicap pensioner with a 3wood. Tough to lose that, you would think, yet my chipping will likely let me down.

I can't wait to get some Vegas golf in, I'll be booking as soon as it is practical to do so. I need to work on my fitness thanks to lockdown, I'd like to play 18 one day, 36 the next - but really not sure my body would co-operate. Maybe it is a bit easier in a kart, over here I always walk the course and 2 rounds a day would be tough to maintain for me. Still, there's no better place to enjoy a day off than Vegas....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.