1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fat during quarantine

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LB9, May 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought that I would gain weight during the lockdown, but I lost a few pounds which is good, since I gained a few unwanted pounds this past winter. LOL I'm not as active and with the added stress, I have less of an appetite so I've been eating smaller portions. I've also been buying fewer junk foods when I go grocery shopping, so less stuff in the frig and cabinets to tempt me. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  2. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are you working from home now? the commuting back and forth could have been a little extra exercise. You must be doing something different if you are eating the same and running.

3. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah, I have put on 7 lbs. I am not a self motivator when it comes to gyms, I am a member of Orange Theory Fitness, and need that structure of someone telling me what to do, as I need to be pushed. I was going to Orange Theory Fitness 5 times a week and coaching youth baseball and soccer before all this, now I just feel sluggish.

July 19th - July 24th
  4. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have put unwanted bf (bodyfat) during the last month for sure. i was very lean and getting ready to step on stage for a bodybuilding show in April when this all happened in March. I had trained for about 6 mnths. Its been now 2 months exactly of no gym. I was able to get some expandable weights locally but having no motivation most of the time, the weights haven't been used as much as i'd like. Was doing ok for the first 3 wks of the pandemic but think it went a touch downhill afterwards as i had ltd myself for so many months of pretty much everything that i went a bit overkill maybe. I hope to now get back on my good eating and try to have regular exercises to get off what i have gained. Gyms wont open here in Chicago for another few months im hearing so i'll have to try and stick to clean eating. As for hair, i do need a reg trim which i'll get whenever the salons die down. I usually do my own nails on a wkly basis so thats taken care of already.

• Like Like x 3
  5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down about 5-6 lbs. Of course, I had just returned from Vegas when the fit hit the shan, so I was about 5-6 lbs. above my fighting weight when this thing started.

Fortunately, I have a home gym - and what the hell else do I have to do? And while I have zero self control after my third drink, I am very disciplined at the grocery store. And since I haven’t been hanging out at my friends’/sister’s/parent’s place as often as I used to, I haven’t had as many opportunities to eat a bunch of fattening stuff.

I actually thought I’d lose more weight than I have. But I guess the fact that I now start drinking much earlier in the day balances out my lack of snacking.

• Like Like x 1
  6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been finding the weight I lost in January and February; hopefully can reverse that now that the weather is nicer. I have been baking every day out of boredom. Going to get back on track now :)

47C3680E-DD75-4C42-8103-72182E3CD3CB.jpeg 46D6C1FA-7C83-4635-ACC7-6B7A44C19E50.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well considering how much of a chunk I started at, I’ll come out of this a slightly-less-chunky and stressed-out monk, looking to de-monk as fast as possible :goofy::haha:

8. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gained a few, let my ''hair'' grow and stopped shaving, so now I have a ''Kenny Rodgers''.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Occasionally, my position requires I go in the majority of the time, I wfh 1 day a week now, 2 if I’m very lucky.

10. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lost a few and already was grey so no skunk line

11. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was holding fast but I think I've put on a few within the last two weeks. I can't stop drinking Cokes and pasta, rice and potatoes are my friends.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gained 5 lbs and counting. Took me six months to lose 10, but two weeks to gain five. Every time I read some idiot say “you didn't gain it overnight, you can’t expect to lose it overnight” I want to scream. It comes on 100 times faster. Idiots. I eat healthy food but more often and in bigger quantities lately.

Trying not to go grocery shopping too often so I buy extra. But when I have all the extra at home I’m eating extra.

I’m trying not to care because it causes more stress but am in the habit of stepping on the scale every day just before I shower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have been doing a lot of landscaping and yard work, so we have not only stayed plenty busy during this, but have stayed pretty "firm" too.

14. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stress eating. I had trimmed down 20 pounds ending in February so I have some slack but have taken a liking to french onion chip dip on pretzels. Also salami on flour tortillas.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not gaining weight, but it's a royal struggle and a half to stay where I am. I belong to 3 gyms and was going nearly every day, but quit a couple weeks before the shutdown. One's still closed and I'm scared to go back to the others. Wiping down the equipment with no way of knowing its effectiveness got old fast. Distancing and viewing every other member as a potential death threat didn't make for a fun workout either.

I've more than doubled my outside walks, but getting motivated to use the few weights I have at home is nearly impossible. Happy hour and dinner have become the big events of the day.

• Like Like x 2
  16. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Gained a nice 10lbs over the past 3 months. Shocked the hell out of me!!!

I’m not bothered by it though. Nobody can see the gain anyways....LOL.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Normally......as the weather warms......I lose weight
    Every Winter I gain 10 - 15 lbs
    Every Summer I lose 10 - 15 lbs
    I'm NOT LOSING IT !.......yet
    Should have started by now !!!!

18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Food is my coping mechanism. Lately I've had mega-cravings for chocolate and say WTF and just do it.

If I get out of this with only 10-15 extra pounds, I will be semi-happy.

True. My hair is a total wreck too, but I get that taken care of this week. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That’s the spirit ! Eat, drink, and be merry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like me too re: wfh. You might be eating something extra your just not wanting us to know lol. If you are stressed, that can add some lbs too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.