1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fat during quarantine

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LB9, May 16, 2020.

1. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let’s be honest, anyone else gaining weight during this stuff? Finally got a Dr appt to fill a prescription and I gained 13 lbs lol, I knew I was getting fatter but had no idea it was this bad.

I've been eating the same, and running, but man, this wasn’t the best news to get the other day.

CP 8/21 - 8/24
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Saydeesgoto

Saydeesgoto Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don’t call it Covid - “19” for nuthin. That “19” stands for pounds friend. :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. nancyf

nancyf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I am gaining like crazy - 9 lbs so far- just enough to make my pants too tight! Its my fault - my husband makes cupcakes n cookies and I am baking for the first time in years... we always were low carb but that's off the table right now - pasta, pizza and potatoes. And I make sure I swim first thing in the morning for 30 minutes -- geeze, this can't go on!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I don’t dare find out how much until the gyms open here. Otherwise it will just be mental abuse because I can’t get any non gym stuff to click. I’m losing muscle-and getting upper ab fat, effin gross on me. I’m walking 6 miles now, weather permitting, but it doesn’t make much of a dent. Those early pandemic carbs and naps killed me! Doing my best to tread water now, minimal drinking and carbs, but the gyms need to open!

Entire trip at my favorite hotel!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea... I was at first, but have actually lost 1-2 pounds. Which is amazing because the amount of wine I have been drinking.

Trying to eat balanced food as much as possible and it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, I actually had the opposite issue -- quarantine messed with me enough that I wound up going on new antidepressants, which well and truly screwed with my appetite. Plus not eating at employee cafeterias is probably a plus. But I have a nagging feeling my sodium levels are up, given the amount of frozen meals I've been eating.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Vegas is Fabulous When You Degen Responsibly ;)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I’ve lost a fair amount of weight, although given it’s probably a combination of not being able to go out to eat (pickup/delivery just isn’t the same), anxiety, and sleeping instead of eating dinner sometimes because I’m constantly exhausted (depression? :confused:), I’m not exactly celebrating it lolsob :haha::cry::goofy:

Delayed Trip + B’Day + QQQQ + Cal + Flamingo + more 4Q = !?!?!?!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I was thinking of making a thread about how our appearance has changed during this.
    Like weight gain/loss, long hair, grey hair. beards ect.
    Can we use this for that too?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. redfury

redfury Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need the gym to open badly before this vacation. Can’t remain motivated at home. Beer and red meat have been destroying me

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Eric1285

Eric1285 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had just started a new job in February before this all hit, and let's just say that free office snacks were not kind to my waistline. I think I gained about 10 lbs between February and March, and then another 10 after quarantine started.

Started a tiny bit of running again, as well as exercising more will power when it comes to snacking. Managed to lose about 10 of those pounds, and then I did a 2 day fast last week that knocked off a few more.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think i'm in better shape. my sleep has gone from 6 hours per night to 6.5ish, and sometimes...gasp.. 7!
    no commute helps.
    I'm sorta a stoic overall, so i try not to eat things that taste good every day. stretch everyday, exercise. KISS (keep it simple stupid) works.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mudhen

Mudhen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've lost about 9 pounds.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. flyguyfl

flyguyfl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fatdie.jpg

Careful as weight gain can cause death.

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finished a two week detox/cleanse beginning of March and lost 9 lbs. Since then, 'Rona, cancelled/rebooked Vegas trip (from Memorial Day to end of August), cancelled Aerosmith, and being a nurse and all the meals sent to us (and stress at work). Supporting local restaurants, when we typically don't eat out a lot. 2 1/2 months later, gained over 5 lbs. back.....just ordered another detox/cleanse kit!

• Like Like x 1
  15. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have access to a workout facility and have been going 5 days a week, but I’ve still gained this weight. I’ve actually been waking up in the middle of the night and eating on occasion, which my wife thinks is due to stress.

I can barely fit into my pants, but I would imagine the frequent Jersey Mike’s subs and “dessert” after most meals isn’t helping.

CP 8/21 - 8/24
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotten fatter :p

Transatlantic Nomad! First leg of HGS
    Final leg of HGS... Back to the B!
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m sitting here now and I’m realizing that I also haven’t been sleeping and need a knee surgery, mind you I’m 33. I’m clearly falling apart lol

CP 8/21 - 8/24
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was 221 when I weighed myself at the Wynn just before Xmas, and was sick when I got home until mid February.

Weighed myself on the 17th March, which was the day before I was due to start with my PT again, and weighed the same.

Obviously gyms closed then, and I got my advisory letter from neuro to quarantine UFN, so done nada.

Not weighed myself yet, as gyms aren't open, but will once things settle some. Hopefully not too far over 240, and have a good few months to get it off. Think myfitnesspal will have forgotten who I am, and all the meals I eat every day.

Transatlantic Nomad! First leg of HGS
    Final leg of HGS... Back to the B!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. thebeachbum

thebeachbum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, let's just say I'm liking my drawstring shorts more these days.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have lost about 10lbs. Intermittent fasting. I have been walking at least 10,000 steps a day. Every day. What is lacking is my hair. There is no sense in wasting my time styling it when I have to pull it up so a mask fits properly. The salons opened back up a week ago. I can't get back in until June 2nd. I just trimmed my bangs - couldn't stand it. I probably have 2 inches of split ends.

Caesars Palace My 59th Birthday - but who's counting?
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1