1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fat during quarantine

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LB9, May 16, 2020.

1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been on the intermittent fasting. Quite happy. I'm going shopping in my own closet full of clothes I couldn't wear in a few years. And walking, walking, walking and more walking.

Caesars Palace My 59th Birthday - but who's counting?
    • Like Like x 6
  2. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have upped my mileage too, up to 7 mile walks on my days off, but I don’t get my heart rate in that beast mode so I am just is maintaining not losing. Gyms don’t open until phase 3 here! I’d run but I often injure my back when I run, and that is a whole new problem.

Looks like a great recipe though, thanks for sharing!

Entire trip at my favorite hotel!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have always eaten healthy, so we haven’t had too many changes. I’ve been drinking more than pre-Covid but exercising even more than before and training abs pretty hard. Almost had the full 6-pack back before going off the rails a bit in Vegas

• Like Like x 1
  4. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Vegas is Fabulous When You Degen Responsibly ;)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I think the possibility of being less chunky got tossed out the window awhile ago; I just want to sleep and eat - yay cabin fever and depression! :goofy::cry::feedme::snore::feedme:

• Like Like x 1
  5. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Losing weight like crazy. About 0.2lbs per day since the pandemic started. I've been moving in the direction of working more and eating better but the shutdowns put it into overdrive. My daily sanity recharge is a 4 mile run or an 8 mile bike ride when I get home from work. On Sunday, I do 7 miles which is further than I've ever ran before in my entire life (I'm 38 now).

I've not felt this good in a long time. I had no idea how bad being fat felt until I stopped being fat. You get used to being out of shape but when you come out of it...wow.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  6. AnitaCS

AnitaCS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've lost 40 pounds over the past 4 years with 15 more to go. Since I'm a stress eater, when Covid hit I knew I had to double down on walking and tracking calories otherwise I would be toast. Happy to say I'm down 8 pounds and husband is down 4 pounds. It's not been easy. My one day "off" a year is my birthday which is in August. The other 364 days a year is "on plan".

• Like Like x 4
  7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still getting fatter :cool::feedme:

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lost weight during all of this...I stopped drinking alcohol cold turkey when everything shut down mid March, May I went on a diet I call, Eat Less, Move More and 2 weeks before I went to Vegas mid June, I stopped drinking coke...in the short time of Eat Less, Move More, I lost 25lbs....the coke was short lived and I knew that...went to Vegas expecting to put all the weight back on...I pigged out and went Jack and Coke crazy

got home and was still 25lbs down

when I start riding my bike in this 90+ high humidity weather, im sure ill knock some more off...and besides walking at work or in Vegas, no exercise

• Like Like x 4
  9. STS05

STS05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be THAT guy, but I’ve dropped 12lbs since April. I knew from prior experiences I can be a stress eater, so I’ve been focused on dealing with it in better ways. I’m just 9lbs from my high school graduation weight. (165)

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. nonahs

nonahs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EFC3F610-31DF-4FE6-B99F-40F9D004E3F5.jpeg

RONA BE DAMNED!!!
    MOVE FOR THE POOL. RONA BE DAMNED!!!!
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. TiffyChick

TiffyChick Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started Intermittent Fasting and clean eating on February 24th. I was 5' 11" and weighed 170. I'm down to 136.5 now, so I'm just shy of a 35# weight loss. It was TOUGH to deny myself the snacking and the sweets and the alcohol during quarantine *but* it presented me with an opportunity to emerge from the shut-down as a different person, too, so I focused on that. It's been a great thing to be able to accomplish the weight loss and know I'm tougher than I thought it was. It's really a hell of a thing to drop 3 dress sizes while a pandemic rages around you. I finally found out I could believe in myself again and that was the best reward, even more than the weight loss. :p;):)

Birthday/Fitness Goals Reward Trip
    • Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations, that's some going!

I haven't weighed myself since lockdown started, and not going to until I start back in the gym when they open at the end of this month.

I think I'll probably find your 35lbs on my scales when I weigh myself before I do, though :haha:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. HHW

HHW Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gah, quarantine has done a number on me, weight-wise. Have got the portions under control and am starting IF soon - now just need to factor in some exercise. I usually swim and take dance classes - missing them terribly!

At least I've got ages to tone up before Vegas. :rolleyes:

Back to Vegas at last!
    • Like Like x 2
  14. nancyf

nancyf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow - you have done awesome... good for you!

• Love Love x 1
  15. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Vegas is Fabulous When You Degen Responsibly ;)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this on my Twitter feed and This Is My Life Now lolsob :kill::cry:

upload_2020-7-30_18-47-31.jpeg

16. Running late

Running late Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started out bad, but I then I told myself I can come out of this fatter or healthier, and I chose healthier. Luckily I already had a lot of equipment at home, so I started upping my exercise (I mean I got nothing but time, right?) and staying mindful of my eating. I'm on a good track now, feel better than I have in years.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jer

Jer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started Keto the day after the 2019 super bowl. Along the way I dropped 65 pounds, but over the last few months I’ve yo-yo’d and I’m currently still down 60. The working from home was a struggle because its extremely easy for me to keep with the intermittent fasting when I’m completely busy at the office. When your refrigerator is that close, will power sometimes goes out the door. Props to everyone who is fighting the good fight, it’s not easy. We can do this! :thumbsup:

Getting shorter, but still going! #fuckcovid19
    • Like Like x 1