1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots App update - fewer crowns, no rooms bookings until level 3

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by aliasyoshi, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to confuse. It was the buffet dates I needed. Think I’m just going to risk it for the sake of £8 and hope they don’t change it all again before I’ve used the May one.

2. Zeg

Zeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other thing about the 1/2 Gem award update is that it’s now become pointless to continue with the app if you’re spinning to earn significant numbers of gems when you have a crown level of over 100.

Better to delete the app and start again from scratch at level 1. This enables you to spin for gems a lot more lucratively.

3. Init2winit

Init2winit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's against the rules to have multiple accounts

4. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are you referring to here? I am level 107, and I haven’t noticed any change it the rate of earning gems (which I believe is 1 gem per 25 million bet). (Unless you are referring to VIP level, which I don’t understand how it can be “over 100”.)

5. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe what he's saying is that since the new update, it's not worth continuing to play and earn gems since it's 25M per gem, and the additional cost of paying for level 3 now. If you start a new account, it would be easier to earn the initial gems. I believe the first 10K gems are a lot easier to earn, say compared to gems that you would have to earn at 25M each.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess, but besides being against the TOC, starting a new account also means starting with a new very low bankroll. It’s much easier for me to earn gems now than when I started playing, even though the bet/gem ratio is much higher, because my bankroll is exponentially larger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zeg

Zeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly right.

Three points.

1. Deleting and reinstalling the app is not against the T&Cs that I can see. Unless you are linked to a FB account your classed as an anonymous guest account anyway. (At least until you redeem).

2. Yes you start with a zero bankroll, but a bankroll of 1B+ doesn’t take long to accumulate.

3. In my view the only reason for running the app now (if you want a room or buffet) is to accumulate gems.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I broke the piggy bank about 15 times today (playing 2.4 billion HBHB fills it quickly) to get up to level 3. Booked 4 nights in July.

Overall I think I’ve probably only spent ~$100 on the app, and counting that upcoming July trip I will have gotten 16 free nights at the Wynn and 6 free buffets in less than a year.

Now I’m kind of done playing. I’ll keep collecting the hourly bonuses, but there is absolutely no reason for me to consider playing until after my July trip passes. And we shall see how much more they ruin the game by then...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice!

I was going to do four nights in June and another four in December, but booked 10-11-12-13 July which was the expensive four nights, and going to do the same as you.

10. meriH

meriH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When they change came in.. I was level 3 with 19 days left to maintain that. I needed some number more to maintain my level. I had 24,000 gems... enough for at least 8 nights plus buffets! So, I paid $29 for the three day 30X upgrade and booked an unplanned 4 days stay at Wynn next month--in hopes that I can book my 4 days in August. Once I'm done with that, I'm done with the game. I've spent about $400 in the last three years on this app--which has been really valuable in terms of hotel stay. If I manage to secure the August trip, I will have booked 12 nights for $400---which is awesome, especially without a resort fee. But, holy HELL, I was SOO MAD when I saw the change in crowns... and emailed them, and they're like, "Oh, but don't worry, good changes are coming!!" How can you make good changes by lowering the rewards THAT MUCH!?

In order to keep level 3--I've had to literally pay PLUS have my phone going on 50,000-88,000 bets ALL DAY LONG on my desk as I work. Who has time for that!?

11. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess you could say the only reason to play the app is to accumulate gems. But wouldn't that have also been true before they ever implemented the VIP system in the first place?

And while it might not take that long to accumulate a 1B+ bankroll, it also doesn't take that long to get to a level where you are betting at least 20M/gem. Certainly before you accumulate enough gems for a 4-night stay. And the game requires so much more attention when your bankroll is low. So this seems like way more trouble than its worth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Zeg

Zeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some yes, for others, no.

Personally to get four nights at a 5 star hotel with no resort fees for the price of a decent meal for two in a Vegas steak bar, looks well worth it from where I’m looking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mr. Brownestone

Mr. Brownestone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, at least from my perspective. Maybe not for others, though.

I kinda feel like if someone came started selling dollar bills for fifty cents everyone would be thrilled. When that person raised the price to seventy five cents some would still see the value and others feel ripped off.

Like I said earlier, YMMV.

Had the price of those dollar bills started at eighty cents and moved to seventy five cents I wonder what the reaction would be?

14. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s more like if someone offered to sell you a dollar for fifty cents, and you paid them fifty cents, and then they said “Haha, actually this dollar is going to cost seventy-five cents, and no you can’t have your fifty cents back if you don’t have another quarter on you.”

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disagree, but analogies are fun for me so I'll offer you another because I do think there was some dishonesty on thier part.

Someone offered to sell you a dollar for fifty cents and you put a ten cent down payment on it and then they raised it to seventy five cents but didn't offer you your ten cents back.

How about that?

16. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t see how your analogy is better. People were offered rooms at level 2, which cost $100 to buy into, and were told they would have this status for 90 days. But then without notice, they were told, after they spent this $100 and before the 90 days were up, that they would now have to spend an additional $100 to book rooms, with no way to get their original $100 back. This seems much closer to my analogy than yours.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. AndyG

AndyG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mr. Brownstone you are a wise man.

I'm going to buy up to level 3 then get those nights booked as quickly as possible. Then get as many of those six buffets as I can .

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with @NickG but the analogy was more like someone offered you a dollar and you had to pay 10 cents for the dollar. Now it's more like 20 cents instead of 10 cents. Regardless it is better than earning the comp room from play which will mean (analogically speaking) paying 10-20$ for the 1$.

People have there reasons but move on and emphasize more on the positives. Don't be bitter if it's a business decision then a company won't drown in debt because now a great deal is only a slightly great deal. Still a better deal. It;s a while now time to do the math and focus on that. It is +EV to use Wynn Slots App properly still !

• Like Like x 2
  19. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the position I was at. I was going to spend $45 so I could book ONE night. Was actually going to do it within a couple of nights but was trying to determine the day I wanted to double book. I am not spending $200 for one night and I still don't have back what I did spend already. I probably already stated but I would be much happier to pay the per night resort fee and be able to book at a lower VIP level with the number of nights allowed based on your spend/earn. 1 night level 1 or 2, 2 nights level 2 or 3, 3 nights level 3 or 4, 4 nights level 4 or 5.

20. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been called a lot of things, this is a first!

Enjoy your trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.