1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room security check

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by makikiboy, Feb 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in vegas 2 weeks ago. Stayed at MSS. Their rooms have a card which said that they will perform a security check if you don't get room service after the 2nd day. This time I was asking for room service every other day so I thought that would be okay. Unfortunately I guess the maid didn't record the room service so the evening of the 2nd day hotel security knocked on my door. I just got out of the shower so I just opened the door a crack. Security guard didn't ask to come in, just said that they were checking since I didn't get room service.

Anyone else get the security check if they don't get room service every 2 days?

Maid service was kind of flaky this time. One day the maid left a lot of body lotion (no shampoo or conditioner). The next time I asked the maid for more shampoo and conditioner. She did leave a lot of shampoo and conditioner but didn't leave any towels. I had to call housekeeping for towels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most hotels will do a check to see if you’re okay. I usally go on solo Vegas trips and once I enter the room that. Do not disturb sign doesn’t come down and. I’ll usally get a check to see if I’m alive

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always have the do not disturb sign on my room. Since the MB shootings, I’ve done it many times without any room checks. However, on my most recent NYE trip at Caesars, on NYE, I did get a knock on my door. As I was putting on my pants someone came in the room to look around. My girlfriend was in bed. They didn’t wait for me to answer the door.

The said it was a welfare check. I wasn’t sure if I should be impressed for the security or pissed off they didn’t let us throw some clothes on. They weren’t making sure we were ok. They wanted to see if we were up to no good.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm interested in what you mean by security not making sure you were ok but wanted to see if you were up to no good, @meyers67.
    Could you elaborate?

• Like Like x 1
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someday, maybe when I get to the "gates of hell" - somebody will explain how this makes us safer.

Just plain nuts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I get to the gates of hell, there will no doubt be many things I want explaining... However, how room checks make us safer won't be one of them :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check away... At your own risk, obviously :wink2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When in the room we ‘always’ * flip the lever that only allows the door to be partially opened to avoid ‘walkins’
    When we leave, the DND is off since we like daily housekeeping.

* Of course, on our trip last week, hubs forgot, someone knocked once, opened the door and delivered a goodie box from our host, my husband was in his skivvies and yelled thanks from around the corner. Obviously only works if we flip that lever :shy::shy:

If we’ve ever had a security check it would have been when we were out of the room. Not sure their system is effective or not but either way it doesn’t bother us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is kind of where I stand.
    there may be a small percentage of security officers that may use this to get a cheap thrill.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. If only my life was so good that hotel security checks were one of the great injustices!

Don’t get me wrong...if someone wants to do a “security check” of my house, they’re going to be picking buckshot out of their teeth. But when I’m staying in someone else’s joint...eh, this stuff just doesn’t move the needle for me. :snore:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My life is that good. But part of the reason it is that good is because I don't get worked up about meaningless stuff like this :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. mairsil

mairsil Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thing is, this has got to be costing them money. My wife and I certainly are traveling less because of this. They came in almost every day when we were in AC over the holidays (even with room service and housekeeping doing a daily). Really takes the relaxation out of the vacation when you are tense as hell that some idiot is going to barge in at any time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have never had this happen. Do they come in and look around and nose through your stuff or something?

14. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had it happen once on all my trips. I guess as long as things are not disturbed I don't care. Better than some idiot shooting up a place. I don't like it but like others said it's their place.

15. mairsil

mairsil Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of them come in and make a beeline for the phone to punch in their magic number. Some of them make an effort to look around and be nosy. Who knows what they do without witnesses though.

It's not going to stop anyone from doing anything, other than enjoying a peaceful trip.

16. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happened at Caesar's A/C. Two security guys doing a "welfare" check. One guy did the talking as I chatted them up a bit. Not sure if they came back again- at least they didn't while one of us was in the room. Maybe they saw two old farts and figured wifey and I were harmless.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no problems with someone coming into the room when I am not there.

If they warn me 48 hours no wellness check = a room check? Also OK. It's on me to stay within their parameters.

I do have a problem with so many reports of them barging in during sleep/undress, etc. even if allowing room service. Every time I consider booking CET, I remember all these reports and book elsewhere.

Like @nostresshere I really feel this is more bluster than results (they don't check suitcases, they don't take the mattress off the bed, etc.), but I also don't mind them popping in WHEN I am not there, even if it's a toothless PR policy.

But being on edge wondering when someone might barge in while I'm sleeping, even if I follow their rules? Not relaxing for me, and I'm on vacation to relax! Until this changes, CET will stay at the bottom of my list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The security checks aren't anything new and there was a big stink about it during some big hacker convention a few months back. More than anything, it's just a way for the hotel to try to curb liability in case something ever happens again.

That and to get rid of people who have partied too long and become nose deaf...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will now sleep naked going forward...

I am a large man, that should not sleep naked.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  20. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was at Defcon. One of the attendees had some lock-picking equipment out on the desk in the room and security locked him out of his room because of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.