1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finally I have two nights with the wife in Vegas... which restaurant for something really special?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by gebruiker, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we have kids. so we take turns going to vegas. this time grandparents will take care of the kids for a couple of days. which is the nicest restaurant to spend a good quality dinner allowing good conversation whilst being sensational? money is no issue, just good food and able to talk.we will be staying at Planet Hollywood

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, Giada's at the Cromwell. When you make your reservation, see if you can get seats along the window.

Also IMHO, order the tasting menu (I have several reviews of it in the restaurant section).

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/giadas-the-cromwell.136966/

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/giadas-the-cromwell.136966/

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/review-of-giadas-at-the-cromwell-8-25-2017.144462/

Sorry, no "more recent" reviews. I only bring females to Giada's o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the getaway!! There is no single answer for Vegas. Ask 10 of us and you'll get 10 different "best" answers. (And of course nine of those will be wrong. lol) How about we start with what type of food you like?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been awhile since I've dined at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant at Paris, but it's a nice restaurant for couples. The food is good, especially if you like French cuisine and you can also get a table with a spectacular view of the LV strip.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really what you asked but I will throw this out there. You mentioned being able to have a nice conversation then be careful if you consider Hell's Kitchen. Even if you are a fan of GR (we are) the noise level there is quite awful. Very hard to hear yourself think. Apart from that maybe if you gave a favorite type of food it might help narrow down the suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    é @ Jaleo is a fantastic and interactive dining experience.

Each course is prepared in front of you, and you have plenty of time to chat amongst yourselves, and with the chefs/staff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good point wife does not like sea food

8. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just looked it up and checked the menu, that looks fabulous. and quiet you say?

• Like Like x 1
  9. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for me, it would be a good steak with asparagus, sprouts, mashed potatoes. for the wife probably a chicken dish with lots of veggies too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that looks fabulous as well, so for now, match is between giada's and jaleo.......more contenders?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not especially quiet/omantic, as there may be up to 6 other people around the semi-circular 'table', and the preparation/cooking areas in front of your seats.

It took around 3 hours from memory, but was worth every penny, and is something I want to do again when I can convince others to join me.

For a more standard meal as per your post above, I'd go with SW @ Wynn, and get a table outside overlooking the lake.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's nothing like top of the world at The STRAT and its probably mid-level priced at least compared to fine dining on the strip. However, you could google the sunset time, arrive there at least an hour before sunset and have some pre-dinner drinks, watch the sunset then have dinner elsewhere. Sitting outside the MAG is also amazing and is on the lower end with price. Jean George is one of my favorites and has a few offerings where they prepare or carve the dish table side.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The dining room is closed off at the back left corner of Jaleo, and is like a separate restaurant.

For a more standard meal as per your post above, I'd go with SW @ Wynn, and get a table outside overlooking the lake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. philvie

philvie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also would pick SW steakhouse at the Wynn, with a lake view table

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would look to a French/bistro place. As much as I tout Mon Ami, I'm not talking there, however. Eiffel Tower as mentioned. Bouchon for a bistro atmosphere. Morels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your budget? I took my mom to the Eiffel Tower Restaurant for her 75th. We did the tasting menu and it was spectacular. But it was not cheap.

If you go, try to get table 56.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. VolleyBall

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He did say "no money is no object" yet there's are some four figure dollar amount experiences (when you get to push the button that starts the Bellagio fountains). OP, also, did you want recommendations for both nights or do you already have plans for one? I mention this because if you're wanting two places we obviously won't recommend the same type of food both nights.

18. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. I did not take into account a 1000$+ dinner (is that per person?). Anywhere up to say 500$ per person is ok. Only thinking about one night and seeing a show the other night.

Thanks for all the ideas so far.

19. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would look into getting a cabana at Costa di Mare at Wynn

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. VolleyBall

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While several of the top restaurants have tasting menu that are at least a couple hundred (more with wine parings) or you could load up on caviar and bottles, most of the $1000+ dinners are one off experiences. $1200 to have dinner for two in a private plane while flying over vegas and Hyde charges $250K to push the button on the Bellagio fountains.

https://lovecloudvegas.com/dinner-pricing
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/02/you-can-control-the-bellagio-fountains-in-las-vegas-for-250000.html

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.