1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does anyone really want to go to Vegas now?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by patinomaha, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get two rooms. One on the top floor for when you want to go down. One on floor 3 for when you want to go up. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heh. Problem solved!

If my wife and I could drive to Vegas we'd go to Vegas.

We've both picked up bad bugs on planes in the past, so we're a bit gun-shy about flying 5-6 hours cross-country at this point.

We'll settle for AC in 2020.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip booked for August, but am leaning toward cancelling. I don't want to be in the first wave returning. I will see how the reopening is going, assess the risks this fall, and possibly book for then. Otherwise, I will wait until 2021.

Vegas Vacation 2024
  4. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off yes - I want to go to Vegas - I will definitely be back as soon as it’s safe and not a moment before.

My sheer curiosity about what the new Vegas will look like is enough to fuel this,

Here’s something I want to go away when I go - cigarette smoking - it’s so yucky and stinky and I’m hoping that they consider moving all the way towards that and/or do like the airport and make smoking centers.

Also there’s this place in Binion’s I love to go and every time I’m there someone whose on vacation parks with their Pack of smokes enjoying a little post high school rebellion. - I know you don’t do this at home and it’s fine, it’s Vegas, but still it’s kind of annoying to those around you who are not partaking in said rebellion. In the words of the famed Brownsville Station - go smoke in the Boys Room.

Okay all kidding aside - smoking is not healthy - since we are rethinking right now - I would consider this

Finally I saw this on Professor Slots Facebook and I think it’s super cool - this even more motivates my trip back

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do. For health reasons I had to cancel Dec, Jan & Feb. Now for Covid reasons I've cancelled April, May, June, July & Aug. Hoping for September, Oct, Nov & Dec. Who knows, maybe it will be two trips per month. Or none at all??

• Love Love x 1
  6. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are canceling our June trip and hoping for September. Our friends who were coming have never been. We told them to wait until next year. I'm okay if it's not quite "Vegas" as long as the pool is open and somewhat fun. But I don't want their first trip to Vegas to be blah.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering tentatively booking something in November or December, though also giving thought to NOLA.
    I'm feeling much more optimistic after reviewing the progress Oxford University has made with their vaccine (ChAdOxl nCoV-19)
    Still many unknowns, but I'm starting to see light at the end if the tunnel.:)

8. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just something to ponder for those wanting to go back on opening day... there have been many threads here in the past where one of our fellow Vegas nuts mentions co-workers who don't understand Vegas and judge why they go so many times. Imagine these same people when you come back to work after a trip, let's say in the June timeframe... they'll look at you like you just came back from a leper colony - I can see complaints from co-workers on this issue... (I'd assume that when Vegas opens most who still have jobs will be back at work)

Personally I don't normally give a shit what anyone thinks of my vacation habits but in these times with the uncertainty and paranoia I'd actually consider co-workers when I make my decision to go back, but I think by the time I do go most of this will have passed... weird times for sure...

Vegas Trip #58
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @andyg99 that is a relevant point. For us for sure we aren't going until we wouldn't have to self quarantine upon coming back. Largely due to work. Neither of us would be comfortable telling our employer we are self isolating because of our leisure time. The second aspect to this rings true for me. We had to cancel our trip arriving on March 30. We had no choice as everything was closed, but in the weeks leading up to the trip my direct supervisor continually asked me about canceling and was 'sort of' applying pressure for me to do so. At that time I told him he had no business demanding or even suggesting what I do with my vacation time. Now this was before things really went south. Fast forward to now, I am 100% keeping my vacation plans to myself. I won't be sharing where we are going or what we are doing at all. With that said I will of course follow the applicable guidelines as set forth. I do wonder if there will be another stigma laid at Vegas feet until we have a vaccine. I also am wondering about what perception will be even for our locals when they re-open.

A new world to say the least.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had another trip panned in early September for NY - even though it's 4 months away I can't imagine things in NY will be anywhere close to normal. It's for my nephew's wedding, I hope they are realistic and re-schedule (the reception at least) if they want the out-of-towners to come.... something I don't want to miss (my late sisters son) but I may have to....

On a side note I realize that I'm very fortunate to keep working in my home office and getting a pay check - I'm sure most people wish their biggest concern was future vacation plans.

Vegas Trip #58
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have NOLA booked for first weekend of September!

12. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another one willing to wait. Just cancelled our May trip and was glad to get all the points and cash back with no penalties. So not looking to book any place anytime soon. Bad enough putting on a mask to go to the stores can't see trying to enjoy a vacation anywhere with that on. Besides I can see a lot of social distancing rules being broken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. kip

kip Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I thought the best time to travel would be July and August, since the medical experts say there will be a resurgence of the virus starting in the fall.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning to go as soon as I can once the Strip is open for business. I want to see my friends more than anything, and I'm counting on the crowds being down significantly. Might actually be a little safer.

15. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a bunch of friends out there im ready to see also

16. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was kinda hoping to go sometime in fall for the Bills game. Before I realized the Bills were in town, I was 50/50 on a Vegas trip 2020. If the NFL does come out with a schedule, I will try to score some tickets and book a SW flight and room but, leaving the option open to cancel if things don't feel right. Otherwise, I am happy to wait until 2021 - enough on the todo list for 2020 not to have to worry about travel. I think a one week or two staycation might be a pretty good idea actually. Instead of rushing after work and on weekends to make it through the lists, lining up an entire week sounds pretty good. This would certainly be the year to do it!

17. Mommaof3babes

Mommaof3babes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there the day it shut down. We would go back pretty quickly.
    I'm a teacher so im.home anyways and were bored. Work is done first week in june so I'm game after that. I have 3 kids and my husband who are anxious to go asap. My mom and siblings are itching to go too..

We will see when vegas gives the all clear and see where we are.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2020
  18. drac999

drac999 Loving Life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am with you, patinomaha. I want to go back, but not until it is safe (I.e. a vaccine is safely in place).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be really careful putting too much faith in the vaccine stories.

They are finding different ways to parse/hype things, but even if they are right about when they will have a decent idea if the vaccine is likely effective, that won't be the end of testing it. It is borderline irresponsible the way dates are thrown around in these stories without full context.

Plus the corollary to "we will know in June/July if it does anything" is they could know by then that their vaccine is a non starter, and have to start over. Plenty of other trials going on, but it all takes time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My plans are still a go for July unless Ballys is closed, which I dont see happening. Am I worried about Covid19 yes and no. I am currently working in several large hospitals doing environmental services work, believe me I along with everyone that works for me knows what precautions to take now and before this virus hit. What concerns me the most are the people who will not follow the rules, I can give at least 20 examples of this nonsense with people thinking they are immune. My son always called me crazy for taking packets of disposable wipes by the gross when we travel, you can call me crazy but at least I am doing my part to stay safe. Will things be different in the coming weeks and in my opinion years yes, it is now up to us to adjust and not think we are immune because unless there is a huge breakthrough for a vaccine the term universal precautions will be a way of life whether traveling to Vegas or going to the post office.

P

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.