1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Britney Spears at Planet Hollywood

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by paperposter, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw her NYE show with house seats. Point blank, I wouldn't have paid for these tickets and I feel sorry for those who do...

Her backup dancers show her up. She sings not one note live. Her dancing leaves much to be desired. The design of the show itself isn't bad, but it's nowhere near as impressive as what they do over at the Colosseum. I found it strange that Brit rarely gets near the audience (on the catwalk) and when she does, she's quick to get back to the main stage.

Overall, it's uncomfortable to watch her and that's no way for an 'entertainer' to perform for a well-paying audience.

3. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for that first-hand review.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    please dont shoot the messenger.

the reason she doesnt get to close to audience or have big screens so you can see here from far away is becuase she's not sing in fact not even moving her mouth sometimes and there try to keep the illusion.

5. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I definitely get that. The tickets I got were from within the Spears camp, so I'm well-aware of her limitations, her rider-like requests and history with lip syncing almost everything. I wasn't shocked at it as much as I was fascinated that the people around me didn't seem to mind.

I was close enough to see the look of total fear on her face at times and that was probably the most sad thing of all: A once great performer (and she was) who's now lost all confidence, but remains a cash cow for those who make their living off of her (her family, management team, etc)

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's sad. Hopefully a long residency will restore some of that confidence (although I wouldn't bet on it)

I Need Spa
  7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Official numbers for week 1 are in

Britney Spears
    The Axis at Planet Hollywood
    Las Vegas, Nev.
    Dec. 27-28, 30-31, 2013
    $2,470,021 ($617,505)
    17,803 / 17,803 (4,450)
    $495, $174, $94, $54
    Caesars Entertainment

8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ....so what does that mean? Good? Bad?

9. stephen42588

stephen42588 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    all 4 shows were sold out and grossed $2.5 million total (average of $617,505 per show)

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    to break it down for you every one it works like this.

there claiming sold out.

total number seats sold 17,803 out 0f 17,803

there claiming total tickets a nite at 4450.

they did not show the vip packages and where it gets tricky is they can make and call any show sould out bu just moving the capacity number around and depending on how much was papered.

im not worried about the first or second run its the long term will she have legs to continue to see after the hype is over.

hope this explains some

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://vegasseven.com/2014/01/30/britney-spears-a-song-by-any-other-voice/

The lip-synching rumors started before the show was officially announced. But it wasn’t until opening week for Britney Spears’ Planet Hollywood residency, Piece of Me, that the murmurs became a dull roar of feigned incredulity and/or weary resignation.
    But then, even critics didn’t seem to mind. While John Caramanica of The New York Times noted, “Rarely did the voice booming out over the speakers appear to be coming directly from Ms. Spears’ mouth,” he also fed the show the backhandiest of compliments, saying it was, “a greatest-hits production so winning that it barely needs her at all.”
    - See more at: http://vegasseven.com/2014/01/30/britney-spears-a-song-by-any-other-voice/#sthash.3czPyVdq.dpuf

12. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a real shame for sure

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    best coment of the review ;
    saying it was, “a greatest-hits production so winning that it barely needs her at all.”

so paying a few 100$ to see a sock puppet:thumbsup:

14. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Truly Legendary

[YOUTUBE]ILpAJHYwFqQ[/YOUTUBE]

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dont knock know milli , there album still holds up.
    just cause they didnt sing on it and used profresional studio musicans at that time they made a killer album:thumbsup:

they didnt need to use auto tune or protools to make it as the musicans could actualy sing.

still have my cd somewhere next to my partdrige family greatest hits

16. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its a disaster , her hard core fans will go but after that shes a novelty as i predicted it will have a problem selling.
    they only thing she has going for her is the money livenation and cet will throw behind her to make it look like it worked as its there first big venture

look at deadmouse hakkasan bought out his contract because he wasnt drawing enough and he doesnt dj live he only dances in a mouse suite for 450,000$ a nite:thumbsdown:

im going to see if i can get into the jackson , interesting to see what they do i know its light on sales and the promotion suxs for it.

18. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw her jan 29 the show was great and one hell of party people drinking from huge moet bottles right in their seats

I went to pick up my ticket jan 28 and the girl tought i wanted to buy one and told me i couldnt cause it was a legit sell out( on a wednesday) so its doing allrigh,tmuch better than shania twain who had 2 complete empty sections on a friday night+ plenty of random eampty seats here and there

Probably had the hottest crowd( chick wise ) i have ever seen the people watching was great, the did a good job witht the theatre i had a first row VIP seat and view was amazing

Having her perform old hits like Oops, crazy, stronger,lucky was a blast she hasnt done those songs in 8-10 years, i will go see her again for sure

I couldnt go to the pre show part cause i wasnt staying at PH but i went to the after one, Heart bar was packed cause they give you a coupon for a free show when you leave the show
    all the heart bar dancers are wearing baby one more time outfits

20. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still want ticket but will not pay 350 each

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.