1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Britney Spears at Planet Hollywood

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by paperposter, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinkToo

TinkToo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL We listen to country music. :)

2. Taking

Taking Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paperposter,

Thanks for the heads up on how the system works! My wife wants to go so bad but I refuse to pay the mark up that people have on stubhub.

3. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps Brit can't do it, but folks on Broadway do it 8x a week, including those who are in Broadway-based shows in Las Vegas.

They dance and sing live. That's what being a performer is.

4. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And they sing much more challenging songs!

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen plenty of musicals and I can assure you they aren't dancing like Britney...

Seriously though, if it matters to you, you would never ever see Britney in concert anyways, so why do you care?

6. tpimike

tpimike Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Britney last night with the wife. There is no way she is singing live. The songs sounded to perfect, like on a CD. For it to sound that good with the amount of running around and jumping there is no way. I have been to many concerts and know what I live shoe sounds like. She might of sang the two three songs she sat down for but that's it. Had a good time watching the production but this is no concert.

7. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "In concert" is just inaccurate wording for one of her shows, that's all. As long as the lip-syncing is disclosed, it's no big deal. Truth in advertising is all I ask.

8. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I saw her show, with my wife, on Jan 30, which would have been her 4th show.

It was good, I enjoyed it, but here's the thing if people want to be really honest, that YES, she is lip-sync'ing SOME of it, but the fact is, if you listen to her music, she typically has multiple vocal tracks on a single song. This is common pop music stuff. So because of that, YES, parts are prerecorded and played back, because no one, not even the late Michael Jackson, who pretty much pioneered laying multiple vocal tracks on a single song.
    So to say "she isn't singing a note" is inaccurate and disingenuous.
    I'm not a huge Britney fan and I am a 48 yr old married man, not some 20-something former teeny-bopper fan, and I did watch to pay attention to the lip sync'ing thing and yes, some of it is, and some she is singing, you can even hear her breathing.
    I think those really trashing her, have an agenda or just don't like her.

She's not Celene Dion and I don't think she's ever claimed to be.

Go or don't go, but don't go with an attitude and don't try to influence people with crazy reviews, BS stories or altered audio

9. Dweller

Dweller Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The negative reviews are just as legitimate as your positive review and almost every review I have read has been negative. I've been offered tickets to this show as well as the meet and greet by my Caesars host and an independent host. I asked both of them if they think I would really enjoy the show and they said probably not but the tickets were mine if I wanted them.

10. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I think you misinterpreted my "review," I didn't necessarily give a "positive review," what I did do is give an honest impression of what I saw as going on, and goes on in many pop music shows. If you went to a Michael Jackson show, he had prerecorded vocal tracks, because it's just not possible to sing three, four or five things at once.
    This isn't Pavarotti, it's multi-track pop music

Some will like it and some won't, and that's fine, I am just trying to explain reality.

A pop singer can't sing multiple vocals at the same time.

11. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Broadway isn't dancing as hard as Brit, you say? Actually... They dance HARDER than Britney (and her backup dancers).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qcs09ZaskiM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dEVi5oug7Rk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vFp7NgLOjH4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This matters to me because you're downplaying what Broadway actors do, acting as if Britney could ever go into any of the above shows and keep up with these professionals. She couldn't. You may have seen 'plenty of musicals,' but you're dead wrong if you think her show comes anywhere near as taxing as being a lead actor or company member in a Broadway musical.

As for why I saw Brit: It was a comped ticket. I know folks in her camp and I was offered a seat. No more, no less.

12. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [YOUTUBE]XQ7z57qrZU8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NX8-VvRSISE[/YOUTUBE]

13. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The numbers are in for the 2nd series of show

Britney Spears
    The Axis at Planet Hollywood
    Las Vegas, Nev.