1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I now understand why y’all say gold status is meaningless

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Vegasmiragegirl, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJG80

BJG80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you get one or the other, you can keep matching in perpetuity as long as they don't change their programs or benefit years to prevent it.
    If you're not Hyatt Explorist yet, but are MGM Gold, match to Explorist so that it is good through Feb 2024.
    Then when MGM Gold drops off at the end of this month, next month use your Explorist to match back to MGM Gold

• Like Like x 1
  2. wubears71

wubears71 Triple LUX

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And this is why perks continue to disappear. The system gets gamed by a few and then ruined for everyone. This was not the intent of the status matching perk.

3. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't blame people gaming the system. If the intent was not to allow merry go rounds then the fault lies in the companies for not implementing their match programs properly to avoid such gaming.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. BJG80

BJG80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think perks will disappear as a direct result of this. The program was revamped to make status more dependent on gambling rather than spend, so the population of members with higher status will likely decrease.
    Biggest perk for Gold is waived resort fees. And the person with matched Gold that does little to no gambling is just going to pay a higher room rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The revamp increased the earning requirements by a lot is what 'should' lower the population. Resort fees is the biggest perk but its not really a perk for those than can earn Gold in 1 or 2 visits(assuming the 2x doesn't stay forever). $9375 theo will most likely get you offer based resort fee waives if you only visit a couple times a year. Even over 10 days that $937.5 ADT. Pretty much only matchers or someone close enough to go many days and slowly earn Gold over many days of visits actually get that perk based on tier. Unless, they start making it the only way to remove resort fees but I think that would be a bad move.

6. BJG80

BJG80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess what I meant to say was that the gold matchers getting their resort fees waived seems unlikely to result in an amount of lost revenue that would sound off alarms and cause the program to be revamped again...but you never know!

7. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd agree with that. Resort fees should just go away anyways.

The Gold population has a pretty big impact in Atlantic City though. Lots of the skip lines are Gold/Plat combined and the lounge is Gold and higher and its a big draw for the Borgata. There is usually a fairly hefty line for that lounge and Platinum doesn't get priority(Only Noirs who have an even better lounge Fri-Sun anyways). I'm looking forward to see if there is an reduction in the lounge line come Feb there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is an awesome hack!!
    There was a thread in here a month or two ago about good hacks, I hope that was posted.

9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I don’t do matches, I am platinum through slot play.

But, if the two entities permit the cross matching, and don’t choose to coordinate or close loopholes, or are ok with this practice, I say more power to folks who are able to take advantage of these matches. I don’t begrudge fellow players an advantage, it is really up to the corporations.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No7Out

No7Out Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's great for late checkouts and waived resort fees at MGM. Both programs also have earned benefits within these tiers (Hyatt Explorist through hotel stays get club passes, free night certificate and MGM Gold gets the dining credit after earning 75k points - these don't automatically come with the matched status. In the first year Hyatt gave the club passes to all Explorists but now has to be earned through hotel stays). I will say this has caused me to stay more at Hyatt's now so the cross promotion has gotten at least 1 new captive customer

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vegasmiragegirl

Vegasmiragegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really appreciate everyone that mentioned this. I did the match with Hyatt today. We also have a trip in early February, so I’ll match back to MLife Gold. We have other months booked as well, so lots of savings!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.