1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BLT and Sterling Brunch are history.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jpfromla, Dec 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO, avoid Strip House at PH. I was a big fan of BLT, and GR isn't what it used to be the last few times I went there, but Strip House is my least favorite by far. After BLT, I think I'd put Bugsy Meyer next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Zeromus-X

Zeromus-X Faux-High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stop at McDonald's on the way home! o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just last week, Caesars bought the domain horseshoelv.com. I'm putting my money on that being the new brand, though it has been the leading rumor anyway. To me, the Horseshoe brand means lower-end celebrity chef for the nice restaurants and an OK food court for the masses.

As for the Sterling Brunch, I experienced it in 2018 after it had started its downturn and got more expensive but before it had entirely lost itself. I have long since made my peace with it being gone from my rotation.

4. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why avoid Strip House? I booked that for my wife’s birthday dinner (we’re staying at Elara and I liked the easy access back to our hotel room so she could drop off her leftovers because she never eats her whole steak…..I don’t have that problem :D). The reviews seemed decent for it.

5. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an anniversary dinner there, granted a few years back, and thought it was fantastic and definitely better than BLT. I'd go back for sure.

6. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m glad to hear that. I wasn’t familiar with it. The location was ideal and I thought she would appreciate the “sexy” interior of the place. Plus the reviews were good for it.

7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One caveat I will add is that I recently looked at the menu and it seems like they have pared it down since we were there (pre-Covid). There was a steakhouse local to us that we loved before Covid, but we found the quality diminished when we visited recently - anything is possible in this current environment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been there in nearly a decade, but my experience was just meh. Indifferent service (though not as appalling as BLT was), and none of the food stood out. Nothing was BAD, it just was not up to the level of other high end vegas places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.