1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BLT and Sterling Brunch are history.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jpfromla, Dec 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpfromla

jpfromla RFB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to LV Advisor, BLT and the Sterling Brunch are gone.
    VegasChanges writes, "Workers at Bally’s removed all signage and placed construction drapes in front of the restaurant. BLT Steak and the Sterling Brunch have been removed from the Bally’s website. Caesars Entertainment has not confirmed permanent closure, but several employees have stated so."

• Informative Informative x 5
  2. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad, but not unexpected. Also, to me at least, the Sterling Buffet, while still good, had slipped in quality. Additionally, the price kept increasing by leaps and bounds. I think it was something like $120 head (plus tax and tip before they closed). There is no telling what the new price structure would have been had they opened again, considering what other restaurants have charged since COVID.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sigh. I think we all saw this coming, but still disappointing. Sterling Brunch is one of those spots I repeatedly tried to go to, but could never make it work.

I don't put much stock in what the staff are saying, in general, but removing the signage is a big... um... sign (pun originally unintended).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    upload_2021-12-22_21-20-16.jpeg

i wont miss it. Replace it with a popover stand as that is what they did well

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really feels like they're trying to empty out Bally's.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you ELDO!
    no one is shocked or surprised.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tank45

Tank45 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received this email from marketing after the post stay feedback I provided. Needless to say, the stay and experience wasn’t great. But, the email offers some semblance of a plan for Ballys.
    ————————
    Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience at Ballys Las Vegas. You indicated that you were unsatisfied with the wait you had at the cage for Caesars Rewards, to verify the offer you were entitled to and booked under. you also mentioned not having the restaurants open that you had experienced on previous trips. in 2022 we have some really new and exciting food venues opening We always aspire to provide family-style service and create memorable moments for all our guests, and are very sorry you were unhappy with your experience.

If I may be of further assistance, please contact me below.

———————

Yearly "work trip"
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh well, gotta wait for the caviar bar to open to get my caviar fix . . . . or stick to salmon and flying fish eggs at Sakana!!!! :feedme:

• Like Like x 1
  10. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BLT and Sterling Brunch never reopened so the only surprising thing is they haven’t confirmed anything at this point. Sounds like someone is collecting government money as long as they can.

Bally’s has new food offerings coming in 2022 (outside, at Paris, and the food court). I’m joking. Unless they say Bally’s isn’t going to be sold why would anyone want to commit to a new restaurant? Or wait until that settles and they know what the new owners are going to do. Maybe Blake knows something we don’t.

If it is staying with Caesars, my money is on a Bobby’s Burger and Gordon Ramsey Fish and Chips.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there once back in the day using a travelzoo coupon and enjoyed it. Staff was competent and understood the coupon rules and restrictions. They gave us free glasses of champagne for our anniversary which was not part of the coupon offer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Diamond player the head chef would visit the table with complimentary apps. I will miss BLT.

As for the future maybe they need more room for WSOP Tables.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the exact same experience. Champagne for our anniversary, Travelzoo coupon. The service was good and the meal was good, not outstanding.

We are staying at Bally's next month and also have a lot of TR credits to burn, I guess we will have to go off property to do so. Do Giada's and GR Steak accept TR credits?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That Shelton restaurant sounds huge.
    Found a rendering in the article below.
    Hopefully they will tear out the Bally's sign and a big chunk of the Bazzar mess on that corner.
    Not sure how this will compare. Hope they don't put "Ole Red" above every window like the rendering, that looks a bit ridiculous.

"Ole Red Las Vegas will hold 686 people seated, with a 27,000 square-foot footprint."

Read More: Blake Shelton's Ole Red Is Getting a Spot on the Las Vegas Strip |

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad I got to try it once.
    Caesar's was still better, IMO.

16. fasbman

fasbman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used Reward Credits at GR Steak (at a 1:1 ratio).

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. I read the response 2x. He seems a vet. He really didn’t answer anything but my feeling is you will be able to verify offers in the restaurant.
    He seemed to be answering both concerns with a bit of news…..:blink: He’s found a comfortable home behind a keyboard. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Sterling Brunch several years ago and never would go back. The lobster was mushy which indicates to me that it was frozen looooong ago. I ate at the bar and the service of the bartenders was good including frequent pours of veuve clicquot champagne but I heard it was switched out for a cheaper brand before it was permanently closed.

I did like the popovers at BLT and the restaurant was a decent value. But there are plenty of good steakhouses in Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go back many, many years as customers at Sterling. We knew all the waiters by name and they knew us.

We had not been in several years ---since the head waiter retired and it went way downhill while the price went way up....so not something that we will miss, but it is one more great LV memory.

• Like Like x 2
  20. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed 2 nights at Bally's a few weeks ago and it was disappointing. The only place to eat in Bally's is the food court. That hallway between Bally's and Paris is pretty bad too. Many restaurants closed. The Paris bakeries are offering mostly prepackaged sandwiches and salads. Check in at Bally's is almost entirely kiosks - very few actual workers at the check-in desk. Long lines at the cashier always. I filled out the survey saying all this - didn't get any reply. Yep, that's what you pay the resort fee for!

- Linda in TX

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.