1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to Vegas from Canada

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by JRRestoule, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if you can claim the MGM Resort test against resort credits you might have?

I have a resort credit of $1700.00 @ Bellagio

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Slowpoke 2021

Slowpoke 2021 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a little worrisome. Probably very close to a cancellation by Westjet. I’m booked to fly to LV from YVR on Monday. Fingers crossed.

3. BC_ girl

BC_ girl Low-Roller

I am going Victoria through Vancouver then Vegas next Wednesday. Oh that will be sad if flights get moved around. Especially with all the testing required etc. I have everything booked down to the wire for timelines.

4. Vegasdriven58

Vegasdriven58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you pick Oct 27 @ 11am for a flight @ 3pm, Oct 29, or 3 pm Oct 26?

Editted to say this is for Cosmo test for coming home to BC

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  5. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are booked to leave Oct 5 via Calgary, hopefully this close to the date, changes may be minimal if any? We have already had heaps of changes over the few months the flight has been booked. With Covid tests booked based on flight times, I will be royally p***** if the changes are major..........

6. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When is your return flight? In our case I booked the test with as much of a window as possible. We booked our test 71 hours before our flight. I wanted as much time to be able to deal with a potential positive as possible. We had our test at 1:45pm and had our results the next morning at 9:15am.

7. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering that my boeing 737 flight had about 40 people, looks like westjet is sticking to their schedule and not cancelling flights

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    Monkeys at my new home!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vegasdriven58

Vegasdriven58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I just reread what I wrote, and it was quite confusing. What I should have said is-our flight home is at 3pm Oct 29th. I was going to book for Oct 27th at 11am- giving us 48 hrs plus to receive the results.
    However, I am wondering if 3pm on the 26th might be better, but that would be exactly 72 hrs which makes me a little nervous.

9. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be nervous booking it to the exact 72 hours.
    If you get tested and 48 hours before your flight they change your departure time to 15 minutes later (that is not uncommon) then that becomes your "Scheduled departure" and your test is not valid.
    I asked this question directly to a Westjet employee before my last flight and she said "If your departure time is changed before the day of then it becomes your new scheduled departure.. if your time changes the day of then it becomes a "delay""

10. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spoke to Westjet and it is original scheduled departure time. If they don't accept it I will grab the rapid at airport and submit receipt to Westjet but I'm very confident it will be a non issue and I'm booked for my test right at the 72hr mark.

11. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who have flown direct to Vegas using Air Canada out of and returning to Pearson in Toronto, how full were the flights? Sounds like some of the WestJet flights are quite empty... just trying to gauge the probability of the flight getting cancelled by mid-November. My hope is that travelling will pick up a bit with some of the international travel restrictions loosening, but from Canada they will actually be tightening, so I wonder what type of negative effect that might have, if any.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone. I just spoke to Air Canada. Waitied 1 hour an 38 minutes. The agent I spoke to said that even if the flight is changed or delayed, they will respect the original departing time for the return flight on the original purchase. I'm leaving on October 5th and doing my test through Community Ambulance at Aria upon arrival. I have a 70 hour window with my return flight. So I feel better now that he said that they would respect the original depature time. 3rd time is a charm. Hopefully I will get there this time :)

13. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having a longer window between your departure and test was the option we went for. In our case though we were in Vegas for a week.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With regards to the upcoming change in November regarding people to be fully vaccinated to enter the USA I came across this article in the New York times.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/22/travel/us-international-travel-vaccine.html
    upload_2021-9-25_10-6-18.png

So Those with double AstraZeneca will be able to go to the USA still.
    I know from watching the Canadian news channels that the Canadian Government is in talks with the US feds about accepting mixed vaccines and that might change prior to the new requirement being implemented but as of right now they are only committing to a Vaccine Regimen approved by the WHO... and the WHO has not endorsed mixing vaccines yet.

15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be pissed if mixed vaccines aren’t approved. I had a shot of Astra Zeneca and my second AZ shot was booked and then canceled by the Pharmacy and they changed my second shot to Pfizer when NACI recommended the mixed dose. Pharmacist said they could only give the second AZ shot if customer flat out refused the mixed dose. I just went along with NACI recommendation. The friends we are travelling with at Christmas are double AZ so at least they are good to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was mentioned early in this thread that someone submitted their pre-departure from Canada tests to their insurance provider as a claim. I figured I'd roll the dice this morning and submit mine. I highly doubt they will be approved but what the heck; worst case they deny the claim. I'll report back once I hear.

17. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wrote to my work benefits insurer and they confirmed the tests are covered but only from a health care spending account. Basically a yearly pot of insurance monies that gives you a bit more latitude and has more use options. Some of colleagues have already been reimbursed for travel covid tests.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is interesting coming back to Canada. Having to adjust back to lineups, social distancing, plexiglass everywhere and vaccine passports.

Monkeys at my new home!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Slowpoke 2021

Slowpoke 2021 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monday morning WJ flight YVR to LAS. As of late Sunday, there were only 60 seats taken. In the departure lounge now and it looks like about 60-70 waiting to board.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow.. My flights at the end of August were all 160+ passengers. ( I believe planes hold close to 200?)
    My Flights were from Toronto to Calgary, Calgary - Vegas, Vegas - Toronto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.