1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to Vegas from Canada

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by JRRestoule, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That falls in line with my findings. 30% full going to Las so about 60 people. And return was about 40 people. Wednesday flights.

Terminal 3 should be really quiet and if you check in a bag, it comes out really fast in baggage area.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be interested to see what flights will be like during ChristmasNYE’s. Should be fun watching it all :)

3. Luv2cruise

Luv2cruise Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @JRRestoule: Came back from Vegas (From/to YYZ), flight was pretty full on the way (maybe 75-80%), it was Sunday (9/5) during labour day weekend and came back on Friday (9/10), it was maybe at 40-50% of capacity. I'm aeroplan 25K and was not able to get a business class seat on the return flight though

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if more people are choosing WJ over A/C due to covid insurance being included with WJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info! My flights with AC are Friday to Friday in mid-November… I don’t mind an empty flight, just hoping they don’t cancel it.

6. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got update from Westjet yesterday. Our flight from Calgary leaving 30 mins later than original and then we leave Vegas 30 mins later on Sunday....not too bad......

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mate of mine is laundering his UK status in Canada for a fortnight, so he can attend the WSOP.

He has just hit Canada now, but says he's struggling to find out from anyone which test he needs to get into the US.

I thought it was an antigen, to get on the flight to the US, then a PCR to get back into Canada, is this right?

He only needs one going, as he'll just fly back to the UK from Vegas.

I know it's everchanging, so thought it easier to ask here, with so many VMB members that would actually know :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From Canada into the US is a rapid antigen. If he is in the Toronto area use Shoppers Drug Mart. 40.00 tax included.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Magic!

Thanks very much.

10. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Westjet added a second flight from YVR to LAS daily, which is interesting as my flight two weeks ago was 30% full - maybe max 90 people. (on top of AC's daily flight)
    i guess they just want to get travel going and pay their employees. Some super cheap deals to be had. YVR to LAS for as low as $200, which offsets the cost of the PCR/antigen tests.

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fare prices are very good for February as I just booked Premium with a companion voucher with Westjet. I think fares were lower than 180.00 CAD. Reminds me of the time you could fly YVR to LAS for 69.00 CAD.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cbub

Cbub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only wish. Prices have been and continue to be stupid from sask. Much higher than for a long time pre covid

14. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heard back from my insurance (corporate RBC) and they denied the claim for the pre-departure tests. Oh well, figured I'd take a shot.

From what I have read neither test (pre-departure from Canada, or return to Canada) are eligible for tax deduction; however I might try anyway.

15. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good plan!

16. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What dates are those cheap flights? May have to book a trip!

17. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    February had good prices..

• Like Like x 2
  18. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flew into Vegas from Toronto today.
    Flight had a passenger count of 148 and looked very close to full (not sure what the max is)

Just like last time, I never had to show my covid test but when you check in on the WestJet app is asks you to make attestation that you have had it.
    We did have 28 people who were called up to the desk before boarding to verify they had a test (not sure how they to the gate without that verification being done if all you need to do is click "I understand" when you check in but I am glad they are somewhat verifying it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will have to use a travel search engine. It will display the best price for the month

20. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my experience.

Flight to vegas, shoppers rapid antigen 3 days before. Test was easy. Flew air canada, uploaded test result and declaration on flight check in.

At pearson, the lady directing people outside the check in/baggage area asked if i had a test but did not ask to see it. The terminal for baggage tags did not work so I went to the agent to print them and check bags and that agent asked to see the test. I dont know if they were also asking people dropping off bags with tags already printed.

Did my return PCR test at Worksite Labs at the Orleans garage. Booked it a few weeks in advance and while it is way cheaper than reviv, you do have to prepay. Pretty sure the form had me pick a time, but the appointment confirmation only showed a date. I was a little early but they had my name on a list and it was no problem.

It is a drive thru test in the Orleans garage (corner facing arena and next to Cameron st. I was there around 8am and there was no line. You pull to one stop and they confirm you have an appointment and then fetch you a kit (ziploc bag with your name, a test tube , a tube label with your identity, a tissue and a sealed swab.

They have you pull to another station and a person there directs you. Blow your nose, label the tube , take out the swab without contaminating it and swirl 8 circles each nostril, then put swab in tube and break off handle.

They have a regular test that is within 24 hr and an expedited within 12. I paid for the regular, and 8-9 hours after my test I first got a text saying the lab had my sample, then 15 minutes later a text saying the result was ready, with a website link to check it and download a PDF certificate.

For the flight back, air canada was not even running the baggage terminals, everyone checking bags saw an agent who had them shiw their passport and test result. My agent commented that I had the test he liked because Worksite have all the information he needs in the same area where others he has to zoom and scroll all over the place. My bag check in was faster than most people in line ahead of me.

They put a green sticker on my passport which was being checked at multiple points within Pearson, but customs did not ask to see the test again, or go over any of the arrivecan app stuff.

They were paging passengers at the gate who likely had no checked bags and went right through security to make sure they saw their tests too.

Pearson customs went surprisingly fast.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.