1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

South Point 7/18-22

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by CaptCampion, Jul 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. The only off strip places I have really been to are Orleans and Sunset Station. My wife used to work at Sunset so we went in there a couple years ago and I really liked it. Much better VP than the strip. Not sure how South Point stacks up with Sunset but if it is even close, I know I would be a fan.

2. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, because I had such a good first afternoon/evening, I had upped my play to dollars for the second day and then got the royal first thing in the morning, and then the two supertimes pay royals that night. Best 24 stretch of gambling ever.

The next day was epically BAD, but I made up some ground that final day and came home with a lot of extra money. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If only that last Quad aces with the 3 could have been DDBP...... But I get it. I often go to BP for lower variance when I want to lock in a win or I am running cold. I play a lot of BP on Ult X because the 2:1 on 2 pair really keeps you in the game sometimes.

4. Bobby B

Bobby B High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, there were plenty of wipes available by the table games. Pretty much wipes and/or sanitizer between each bj table.

5. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be at South Point in 2022 as well, as the venue never got built in Houston as had been planned.

And a night before a Qua Spa day.
  6. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at the Orleans, albeit many years ago. I would say that if you like that place, Southpoint will feel at least as good if not better. At the very least it's worth a shot once, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed

7. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Capt. Congrats on the win. I do have one question. The VPFree database indicates the points in your account are available for “Cash, freeplay, or comps”. Are you sure you had to cycle through the FP? You might be able to just cash it out. Anyone else know?

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you'd really like it because the gimmick games they have are usually full pay at quarters+. I don't think they have Bonus UX though. :( But they do have 9/6 DDB UX (~99.7%) including select units at bars for quarters+!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I’m not 100% sure I had to. In my experience, free play always has to be run through but maybe that’s not the case here. Either way, it was fun to take a shot on $5 bonus poker.....even a regular four of a kind would’ve been a solid win. :)

10. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JR and I were talking yesterday. She has stayed at Suncoast and really liked it. It must be an age thing but I am becoming slightly less enamored with the Strip as I get older.

11. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    same. Once you’ve done all the touristy stuff on the strip you kind of just prefer yo stay away. I’ll Uber over there for a show or a specific meal, but I’ll stay at Southpoint

12. VegasBhoy67

VegasBhoy67 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my trip in September actually goes ahead we have a hire car for the first time and will be driving in from Ventura to stay downtown - will definitely be stopping off in Southpoint for a couple of hours to check it out.

13. Bobby B

Bobby B High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe you can go to the slot club desk and they will give you a voucher for your accumulated points which you can cash at the cashier.

• Love Love x 1
  14. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to know, but I kinda had fun the way I did it :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic trip and report! Congrats on all the great hands, including those amazing royals! And thanks for writing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in my SP days, it was as @Bobby B stated. I cashed out $750 worth of points.

Great trip report @CaptCampion and congrats on the wins!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!!

18. salemorevegaslover

salemorevegaslover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Capt.......did you walk by/thru the race book at all? If so, did you notice the crowd in the room? Thanks in advance.

19. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played VP over by the Racebook several times. It seemed very dead to me, far fewer people than I ever remember.

20. LuckyMe

LuckyMe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for such a comprehensive report and congratulations on the VP wins!! I have been planning a trip to Vegas all summer, but I keep rescheduling it because I am uncertain about the enforcement of safety measures, especially the masks. But I must say, after reading your posts, I am now encouraged to pull the trigger and finally commit to keeping my reservation. Once again, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.