1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spring break Vacation here we go... March 11-16th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Drewm1972, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for a great report and congrats on a fun, interesting and winning trip. Glad all of you got back home safely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're amazing, @Drewm1972! :thumbsup:

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m a limo driver in NJ, and while not official, layoffs are sort of coming. They will spread what little work they have across the company. I got 16 hours last week, this week I was supposed to be in Vegas, so I’m on PTO time through Monday. I’m hoping I qualify for partial unemployment. The website says as long as I’m working less then 32 hours I can. I hope my employer doesn’t fight it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh PUR-Lease!!!! lol just poking little fun .. you would have done much more funnier stuff but the look of agent face was priceless she told me “oh shoot, this poor man walking in has no idea, I’m gonna have to call mgr and explaining it” lol I do hope she finds peace during this time she seemed getting upset knowing that she’s gonna be out of work (even tho it’s short while, just thinking that you not working can be Brutal )

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I agree I hope you get some benefits ..actually I was watching news and there’s a talk of government sending checks out upwards $1k per person in that line so hopefully it will help you and me. :) hanging in the my friend we will get thru this.

6. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im fortunate enough to have some savings but if this goes on through the summer, I’m not sure. I hope it doesn’t, but I don’t see this clearing up if everyone stays home for 2 weeks. I know I’ll probably be home, as I haven’t left since I went out shopping on Saturday. $1000 would be nice, but it won’t even cover the rent for some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HighLimitorBust

HighLimitorBust Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed reading your TR! Sucks that you weren't able to fully enjoy it and relax with the Coronavirus concerns, but probably a good thing seeing things now that they shut them down when they did. Some great food choices, and I look forward to trying out Mayfair when I go in August.

Also, while I know it seems small, the fact that the Sky Suites isn't giving out Fiji is ridiculous. How many more things can they cut? You're paying for a premium experience, so you should feel that way. I'll still probably stay in the Sky Suites my next trip, but when you think they should be trying to elevate the experience to get more people to come, they are going the other way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the TR, yup it kinda sucked not fully enjoying the trip but then it also gave me appreciation for the “all the workers behind the scene” as they were working their ass off cleaning and keep cleaning.
    Also, regards to skysuite lounge yeah I was kinda shocked they got rid of Fiji waters and when they replaced with “skysuite” brand water ( I think it’s same as mgm Bottled water it’s just label is different lol) however they still had their snacks, wines and fruits.
    However, they were still serving Fiji waters inside high limit room - I’m sure I will not (least hope not) see these epic shit again but kinda glad I was there during (right before) Vegas shut down I will look back one day and talk about it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah @HighLimitorBust regards to Mayfair Resturant, I really don’t know what to make of it.... I kinda had mixed feeling ... good: the show, atmosphere and service is top notch just way you would expect from high end Resturant especially show I loved the part way characters interacted w diners. But, the food(?) I wasn’t impressed at all... not at all
    First it was limited menu (maybe I like more varieties or being difficult) but it wasn’t tasty... hopefully by the time you go they have better selection. Also, I spoke w general mgr (he was nice going around speaking w guests) anyhow it’s 100% owned by mgm and not by famous chef)

Final thoughts on Mayfair, would I go back? Sure but I would eat before I go and just order lightly lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HighLimitorBust

HighLimitorBust Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @Drewm1972 for the feelings on Mayfair! It strikes me as a place that is entertainment/service first and food second. If I'm not sure I'll love a place, I'll just sit at the bar and order some apps to test it out, so might do that there. I used to go for drinks at Hyde all the time in the early evenings to watch the fountains.

And that's good in the High Limit room that they still have Fiji- remember the first time I played there, and I remember loving how they gave me a Fiji instead of the generic stuff since that had never happened to me before. Love the vibe in there, but if they ever automate those bartenders, I'm out lol.

Glad you were able to find the silver lining too about appreciating all of the people behind the scenes cleaning! And maybe all the chips will get cleaned, which would be nice too.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.