Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Drewm1972, Mar 9, 2020.
Good stuff so far, glad they snuck you into the tourney!
Thanks even tho I didn’t win anything still had fun and I end up getting $500 free play which made wife busy (she’s been using my free play lol) so worked out
At lounge This morning it’s not self serve anymore they have wait staff bring you coffee and any other drinks, snacks etc. they should have started this before but whatever works...
today agenda is pretty much nothing just relax in the room
Breakfast at Salt & Ivy .. just made it time for breakfast it’s turning into lunch but I just love breakfast it’s my comfort food. Ordering some eggs and bacon etc
Howzit going there? Looks like you're getting out JIT!
We are hanging in... seems quieter(?) I’m on second floor by Starbucks .. I seen ppl walking around but lot less ppl for sure. Oh yeah also buffet is closed!!!
[Currently casino floor at aria doesn’t seem that bad not to mention table games are $25 and up
Back in the room played few hands of baccarat won quick few hundreds so I’m done as of now....
one thing, we made dinner reservations over at Jean georges but then they called saying they are closed tonight. Shit!,,
Spoke w concierge they were able to make reservation at Bavettes steak house and so far they haven’t canceled out on me so hopefully it’s fine. After dinner, we probably gonna take it easy.
FYI, concierge confirmed today’s occupancy at aria today is just north of 20% wtf!!!! And tomorrow 3/16 is at 12%... and middle of week is like at 3%!!!! Wtf!! Also on 3/16 ALL Resturant’ on aria will be closed!! Crazy!!!! Seriously?. Only thing open would be room service!!!
Alrighty finally made to dinner Babette’s steak house they open only till 8 tonight.
Also learned all Mgm property’s are closing as of Tuesday wow!!! Following Wynn hotels move just wow. Never thought this town would close
Boned in ribeyes
Few side dishes
and yes jean George is much better .. this was good but not as Jean George level
It’s 1130pm at aria and it’s almost business as usual yes it’s less ppl but as you can see there are ppl walking around and playing table games .. if I didn’t know better I would say it’s little slow but biz usual oh yeah music is blasting as well.
We decided to play few hundreds into machine and man it sucked really bad.. so went to baccarat table got $$ back plus won $700 lol thank goodness.
It right before 2 am Vegas time ... all is good, packed and ready to leave in the morning ..
Glad came to Vegas even tho it was very challenging environment w everything. Got to hang w wife & daughter. Didn’t play “long” on table game but somehow I end up winning over $3500!! Playing little game of baccarat here and there all added it!!
once I get home I will finish off the TR .. see you guys later!
At airport got here early see if we can fly out eatrliet and yes we can. So glad yet so sad I sincerely hope Vegas get back on their feet again
I share the same hope!
Thank you for sharing your TR, @Drewm1972!
Great report, and thank you for sharing!!! Vegas will be back as we all will. Hope you had safe travels.
After thoughts -
Phew it’s 1030 pm... now back home watching abc news special regards corona virus ...unfreaking real how did happen? Wow unreal.
there’s few little incident happened during trip -
1. While daughter was at aria, during her time at spa she left her AirPods which we went back it was gone we made report but doubt it we ever gonna see it, security officer offered us $75 comp dollars lol not their fault no big deal.
2. gaming was very interesting as I have mentioned previous post, the mood to play game wasn’t there with such unknown factor was lingering I just didn’t want to play (except first night, but soon as ppl were talking about shutting down hotel etc I didn’t want to play) again even with all that I managed to win $3500 lol I’m so glad it turned positive trip tho
3. Our original fly (back home) leaving 430 pm - however our daughter flight was at 11 am so we all decide to go airport together and waited in line at Delta, I didn’t think they were going to change the flight w out fee but delta changed with out any fee or issues KUDO to delta (seem like all airlines were working hard)
4. My prayers goes out to everyone who is effected by current situation ... especially ppl working at resorts in Vegas - most of them were getting laid off and not known what the future might hold phew it’s very tough.
Can’t wait till this virus goes away and let us get back to normal schedule able to really enjoy Vegas
Till next round..... see you vegas g night!
Nice report! Congrats on the win!
Couple of things (damn I’m getting old forgetting stuff so fast lol)
1. when I was checking out on Monday 3/16, I have luggage with me
Skysuite agent: G morning sir, how can I help you?
Me: Gmonring miss, yes I’m here checking in for 5 nights (I say it without skipping a bit, directly to her face w little smile on my face)
Skysuitte agent: oh (?) ok... could I see your pic ID please? (Her face frozen for second but back to smile again)
Me: sure (as I take my ID out but I do tell her it was joke lol)
Agent and I we both start laughing, just wanted to make lighter side ... agent did say she was feeling “eerily” and need it a good laugh. I hope she can get some rest then get back to her job being such a great agent at aria.
2. while I was there I did “over” tip
Doorman: $5 (helped doors, limo service etc)
Restaurant: mostly 22-25% now this shit can be costly lol
Limo driver :$35 and I used it like 6 -8 times!! Lol between mgm hotels aria to MB, NoMad to bellagio, Aria to premium outlet malls, etc.
I did this because soon as I landed, limo driver and I talking about situation in Vegas he did mentioned about to get laid off very likely,( now we know for sure he is) which made me feel kinda bad and I don’t think he said to get more tips or anything it was just chit chat on way to hotel. Anyhow it all worked out end, maybe good karma won me some money Lol
Separate names with a comma.