1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report 12/27 - 1/3: The Return of the Fifth Queen

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by 3OfDiamonds, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to have to remember this picture for next trip!

• Like Like x 1
  2. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh this was dessert last night at 777 (MSS) - deep fried cheesecake :headbang::woohoo::woot::jester::licklips::feedme: Surprisingly not a very heavy dessert, and as delicious as it looks (took a bite before pic, sorry not sorry :p):

upload_2020-1-2_21-1-17.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to derail the thread, but how much play was needed to earn the $100 FP at Arizona Charlies and was it worth it?

4. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $4000 coin-in on VP; turned out positive for me but it was 2.5 percent on top of 8/5 BP plus normal points (I don’t think the multiplier offered that day combined with the FP offer), so 101.77% EV, nothing to sneeze at :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Plaza to redeem FP and food credit - had Pop-up Pizza for dinner (w/ Thrifty Cookies & Cream ice cream for dessert - I almost never go to Rite Aid so I jumped at the opportunity... and yes, I *know* I need to try Lappert’s at some point, but just didn’t get to that this time around :)), and turned my $15 of FP into a whole $20, so very nice all around :thumbsup: Bartop DDB at 4Q was not so lovely - $500 down, no quads and only 200ish points to show for it :eek: Will head to Jerry’s Nugget this morning for breakfast and more FP redemption; not sure if I will switch to JOB to finish out my play at QQQQ just to slow the ride down a bit... we’ll see :cool:

6. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another $300 down in DDB and I was done... JOB seems to be more friendly - first quad in a *while* and I’m slightly less ready to throw things lolsob :haha::cry::whistle::p

upload_2020-1-3_7-51-19.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they still have that promo at 4 Queens for a free gift when you hit Quad Queens? You would be cleaning up!

Trip #39!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that promo ended in 2016 as part of the Four Queens 50th Anniversary. I remember getting a mug one time, and a lighted fourth of July hat another time.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After the DDBacle, I managed to end up $465 on my closing JOB session, and earned a bunch of points in the process :thumbsup: Ended up earning a total of 5250 QQQQ points during my 7-night stay, which apparently was enough after using some of my comp balance to completely comp my stay and food :feedme::headbang: (well except for $40ish I spent outside of QQQQ and Binion’s, but that included $27 for classily stuffing my face at Cornerstone and $12 for 777 Pub bc the system was acting up and could not access my comp balance to cover the remainder after my $15 credit; thank g-d my Boyd food credit was an actual physical coupon :rolleyes2:). I am now about ready to touch down back home and back to something resembling real life - lol I actually leave for a work training in LA on Sunday which usually turns into a bit of R&R at least in terms of respite from certain beyond-bothersome family members, so hey, not complaining... yet, at least ;)

• Like Like x 10
  10. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great work keeping up on your report. Thanks for taking us along.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on a nice trip! I enjoy your TRs.

One night at the Gambling Hall...
    ...followed by two nights downtown
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So wallet dump resulted in a net score of ~$350 down for the trip, which is pretty great considering the dry spells I had on DDB, and that my R&B at 4Q was completely comped :) Assorted observations to come in the next couple of days - have to prepare for work trip whilst recovering from Vegas crud :faint:

• Like Like x 5
  13. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Various observations:

NYE along Fremont St was pretty cool, but not really super-exceptional compared to normal nights. I may have to try doing NYE along the Strip eventually, but I’m not in a terrible hurry :)

Arizona Charlie needs to bring back some better VP - not exactly sure what they think they have that other locals don’t that they think they can skimp on the VP, let’s just put it that way :whistle:

I think the best way for me to approach playing during stays at QQQQ is to build a daily base of 700+ points at dollar JOB, then move to 50-cent DDB. My bankroll can stomach dollar DDB, but unless I’m doing consistently well I’m not sure if it’s really enjoyable during the downswings :goofy::yuck:

On a related note, I may need to see how much I can leverage Wynn Slots and MyVEGAS to get free* nights, or find properties with lower play requirements for offers (The D maybe?) - I think just given my varying energy levels and desire to explore a bit, 4Q’s playing requirements for comped rooms may not be the best fit for me... not really a complaint about 4Q, just a “no, really, it’s not you, it’s me” observation :cool:

I have a free slot tourney offer from MSS/Cal in late April I might take advantage of, and ample vacay hours I’m accruing... we’ll see :thumbsup: Until then, time to pack my bags and mount my horse - I’m gonna ride on into the next town :biker::cowboy::jester:

• Like Like x 4
  14. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Imani always ride with that entourage? :)
    Nice TR. Thanks for posting.

First Birthday Trip
    First Birthday Trip
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time I’ve seen that video in awhile - forgot about that part :eek:;):shy::thumbsup:

16. sdbravo

sdbravo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RTC doesn't share real time information with Google Maps, so you're just getting schedule information. The best app to use in Las Vegas is the "Transit" app. They have RTC real time information. You can see the buses moving on the map. Definitely the best app for Las Vegas and possibly for any city as they have transit information all over the world. https://transitapp.com/

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. BoVegas

BoVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some nice wins, go get em

• Like Like x 1
  18. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Four Queens, for the same $5 per base hand, you might want to try 100-play 7/5 Bonus at $0.01 denom (I like the newer machines near the live keno and the street) or 20-play 7/5 Bonus at $0.05 denom (I will play this on the 50-play machine near Magnolia's). I believe that on those multi-play machines at QQQQ, JoB is no better than 8/5 -- which is slightly worse than 7/5 Bonus. If you find 9/5 JoB on multi-play, play that instead. For the same overall bet, you generally last longer on the machine when you play more hands -- though making quads or better is not as exciting. Same multi-play advice for DDB, since you are much more dependent on making quads to stay in the game (and you want as many chances as possible to land them).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIheardC: uber APP in vegas is going to link to busses and allow buying tickets too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 3OfDiamonds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is 9/5 JOB on the 50/100 play machines but I’m really hesitant dropping that much in EV - I’m iffy about dropping from 10/6/40 DDB to 9/6 JOB so something really exceptional would have to be happening for me to move down from 9/6 JOB at 4Q :eek::hmmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.