1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thinking of staying at The Cosmo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by RVD26, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RVD26

RVD26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will be in town from December 20-23. We currently have an Executive King Suite booked at the MGM, but I am considering staying at the Cosmo.

I've stayed at the MGM before and hear great things about Cosmo. I only have Aria, Mirage and MGM to compare it to. The only thing keeping me from booking Cosmo is the price difference and the fact I get a food and drink credit at MGM.

Everyone raves about the balconies at Cosmo, but I'm wondering if it will be too cold at the time to really enjoy it. I've been to Vegas twice in December and both times it was pretty chilly.

I guess I'm just looking for someone to really sell me on switching to Cosmo, despite the price difference.

2. DozerTheBulldog

DozerTheBulldog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say go for it! Former Mlifer as well and made the switch w/ no regrets. My 3rd stay there next week. Are you getting offers from Mlife for free nights etc or are you paying for the rooms? If you are getting free or discounted rooms at Mlife, maybe you go to Cosmo, sign up at the players desk, give them some decent play and you should see offers come in for a future trip. Also, with it being around Xmas when you will be there, rates might be a little more expensive than other times of the year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good time to check it out and see if Cosmo becomes your new home!

NFL Week 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it has been a bit chilly - we grab the covers from the bed and wrap up in them. So lovely in December as the air seems cleaner and is crisper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NotSinatrasHand

NotSinatrasHand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've mentioned this on another thread, but I will include this here. I've spoken to a person named Kevin Sweet about matching or doing better about my booking stay at Aria. He was very accommodating and provided a competitive pricing for the stay. I recommend contacting him to ask what he is able to offer. He will need to get your itinerary of your booking to see what he can match. Here is his email:

[email protected]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Iratus

Iratus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a tough one to answer. I have a grudge against MGM so always prefer to advise people to go to the Cosmo but honestly, it’s very cold and if that’s your main reason,I wouldn’t. I tried to use the balcony in late November and I was just too cold.

In the middle of the day, when the sun is on you and you have a coffee. Sure. It’s pretty good (no konig in the room sadly) but still too cold. Night time and morning. Nope, nope nope. Take the pictures then back inside.

Warmer times of year out there at night and it’s magic.

In the interests of disclosure though I live in Australia and will still wear a hoodie when it’s 75 Fahrenheit so I could be an outlier. If you’re from North Dakota it’ll be T-shirt weather.

Still do it though, it’s a better hotel and the offers will catch up. They’re pretty generous and a lot of that is the backend comps anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RVD26

RVD26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm paying for the room, no offers. We are extremely low rollers. LOL

8. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have NO regrets switching from a Rialto suite at Venetian/Palazzo all the time to a Cosmo terrace studio. My husband even made a comment that he was really happy with our room and service and he NEVER likes Vegas usually. Lol He told me to go ahead and book another trip and we just got back on Monday night. That just doesn’t happen with him and we lost gambling wise! We got a lot of play on what we did lose though. Everything we ate was fantastic. We had Blue Ribbon and Zuma, as well as a lots of room service. Brought the kids a dozen Milk Bar cookies in a cute tin and they were yummy. Sometimes trying something new is more fun too. We had the best trip we have had in years with our stay at Cosmo. I say do it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  9. RVD26

RVD26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will they match to the MGM? I thought I read they will only match to the Aria and other comparable properties. I know MGM is not on the level of Aria or Cosmo.

10. RVD26

RVD26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can tolerate the cold much more than my wife. Anything below 70 or so is cold to her.
    Enjoying the balcony is a big selling point for me and it would suck if it was too cold to enjoy.

Also, am I right in thinking that December is the cheapest month of the year?

11. Iratus

Iratus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think November is cheaper.

For December this year, first week in December all the hotels are blammo with a big conference (IT geeks on expense accounts), Christmas and New Year is Christmas and New Year. For the dates you’re looking at you can probably get something at a semi decent price with one of the 20%+ off deals.

My recommendation would be to book, then just periodically just check back to see if it’s cheaper. They have incredibly high occupancy so their algorithms shift the prices around a lot as people cycle bookings.

That said I just looked at my Marriott account. Those 3 days are $195 a night average (plus $39 resort fees I guess) for a Terrace Studio. That’s pretty good for weekend. You can also put in some hard yards on search and if you do find something cheaper than the Marriott website, rebook again and you put in a claim within 24 hours and get 25% below that lower rate and cancel the first booking. It’s tough to find but I’ve managed it a few times.

My accountant gives me a hard time about having to reconcile all my hotel deposits as I go price scrounging

12. RVD26

RVD26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you mean by "hard yards"?

Also, is it worth the upgrade for a fountain view?

13. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The upgrade to the fountain view isn't even an option in my opinion especially if it's your first time. The best $40/night you can spend in Vegas. I've stayed at nearly every property on the strip including Aria, Wynn, Encore, you name it - and we are Cosmo for life. The entire resort is amazing from the great bartenders at Chandelier bar to the unbelievable views in the rooms. Just do it - you won't regret it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DozerTheBulldog

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the view from my room last time i was there - want to say i was in the 30's floor wise - but not 100% sure
    IMG_20180808_172351202.jpg IMG_20180808_172355414.jpg IMG_20180808_172359192.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. NotSinatrasHand

NotSinatrasHand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm... good point, I didn't think of that. My booking was at Aria, so maybe they want to compare apples to apples then. I say try it anyway. It doesn't hurt to ask and the worst they can do is say no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. RVD26

RVD26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will keep my answer short and sweet as you have gotten a lot of detail already.

I used this board to match an offer with Cosmo a while back. I’ve been several times since then and it’s simply my favorite Vegas resort. I like it slightly more than V/P and Aria (which I love). Try it. Don’t second guess yourself; you will love it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DozerTheBulldog

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from the Cosmo site, it is officially called the TERRACE ONE BEDROOM FOUNTAIN VIEW

• Like Like x 1
  19. RVD26

RVD26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any big differences between the one bedroom and studio rooms besides the closed off bedroom (and price of course)?

20. Kinshasa18

Kinshasa18 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if it's the cheapest month, but it's darn close. My daughter and I are going Dec. 21- 25 and I was trying to decide between Mandalay Bay $420 or Paris $415. That's four nights INCLUDING resort fees etc. Thanks to advice on this board, I chose Paris because of its location.

Back to my happy place!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.