1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thinking of staying at The Cosmo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by RVD26, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only negative is the time of the year you are going. This is one situation where I would suggest not going for fountain view. Get a south-facing room and take advantage of the sun. Views are still fun, but you will have some additional warmth from the sun.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RVD26

RVD26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the honesty.
    That was a big worry for me being that the weather would be cold and we wouldn't be able to enjoy the balcony, especially considering the increased cost.
    I'm curious what other people think.

3. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO, without the Terrace Fountain View, Cosmo would be just another nice strip hotel with good restaurants.
    We’ve stayed at Cosmo in Dec and Jan. You never know about the weather in those months, it could be moderate daytimes or really cold. On cold days, mid day is the perfect time to hang out on the terrace. Even on cold days, enjoying a hot beverage while taking in the views and fresh air is invigorating. At nighttime we grab the extra blanket from the closet and bundle up on the couch to watch a fountain show, and take in the sights and sounds of Vegas, nothing better than that!

I think you will like the Studio, higher floors above 30 are best. We prefer Chelsea Tower as it’s quieter in the middle of the night, easy in and out, close to VIP and where the terrace fountain view suites are located. Last trip we stayed in Boulevard 52nd floor or so (don’t remember exact number) and we still heard loud music from the clubs as late as 3-4 in the morning, so we’re not Blvd fans. I’d call and ask them to add your tower preference and at check in, be sure to let them know your preference.

Best of luck, wherever you end up!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone in November and had a fountain view Chelsea 1 BR Terrace. The weather was amazing and definitely wasn't too cold to enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everybody must do it once
    You have the perfect dates to do it, those Fri - Sat prices are low
    Can't help you with the cold, I go in January and I leave the sliders open all day

upload_2019-7-21_7-32-23.png

• Like Like x 6
  6. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone who thinks Vegas is cold in December really make me laugh. Put on pants and a sweatshirt, you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't think, just do it :cool:

Cosmo is a great all around property, and the FV terraces are a wonderful bonus.

Going mad @ Nomad
    UFC245 & December on the Terrace!
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the One BR Terrace/Balcony, there aren't any doors for privacy in the master bedroom...which I found incredibly odd.

There aren't any drawers to put your clothes in, either.

Everybody loves and raves about Cosmo on here, but I didn't find it any better than suites I've stayed in at other properties, honestly. It's just more expensive.

It's nice, don't everybody jump me with your Cosmopolitan billy clubs, now. It just doesn't scream at me being any better than other suites, imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't stayed since 2018, but had a 1br, and I recall there being a sliding door that closes completely.

I've only stayed in a few suites, but can definitely see your point about not being better. I just like the property overall, and the terraces are a big bonus.

Going mad @ Nomad
    UFC245 & December on the Terrace!
  10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to clarify the layout/bathroom situation in the Studio vs the One Bedroom:

Both have enclosed water closets with their own swing doors.
    Both have lockable sliding doors that close off the bathroom.
    The One Bedroom has a lockable sliding bedroom door that closes it off from the rest of the room.

The Studio has a large opening over the bathtub; this used to be either totally open or have blinds. When they renovated, I believe they put etched glass (or plastic) panels that fill up that whole space in all of the Studios. It's sort of translucent but has patterns etched on it, you can't really peep on someone :D.

upload_2019-7-23_14-18-8.png

In the One Bedroom, the shower area and soaking tub are on the other side of the wall from the bed. The TV is in the middle of that wall. On the shower side, there is a tall etched glass panel, same idea as in the Studio. On the tub side, there is a set of louvered blinds than can be raised or lowered. Another side of the tub is next to a window and that side also has a set of blinds.

upload_2019-7-23_14-18-30.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. But the terraces though! I would have to chime in that the wrap around suite is probably the nicest I've ever stayed in repeatedly, but definitely not the largest. Again, terrace views particularly Fountain are hard to beat. Well, at least at that price or my comp level.

• Agree Agree x 1