1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What Meal Of The Day? Do You Have To Have?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe Strummer, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast is my must have but totally different at home vs Vegas..

Home - Gotta have my hot tea followed by yogurt or cereal
    Vegas - Gotta have my hot tea followed by at least 4 or 5 or 6 of the following items: bacon/sausage/eggs in various forms/sausage biscuit and gravy/pancakes/french toast/fruit plate/yogurt/croissants/juice/fruit smoothie - oink,oink.

I prefer an early dinner (common for old folks) so usually have an early and light lunch - exception is Vegas where we tend to eat more food more often.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont skip meals. Its not good for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a breakfast guy anyway, and if I eat a huge heavy breakfast in Vegas it just kills my day because I'll want to take a nap and it totally makes me sluggish. I have an Isagenix protein bar first thing in the morning, then usually a light lunch and snacking the rest of the day. I just don't do the huge meals any more, unless it's a nice dinner with family. I like trying new things so if I'm walking the strip or downtown I'll just snack all day at different places

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to have dinner. During the week I have to have three squares or I will lose focus at work. But on the weekends, I may sleep through breakfast or get distracted and forget lunch. If I skip dinner, I end up feeling it all the next day.

5. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If coffee can be a meal, that's it for me. Followed by flavored seltzer water. I work midnights, so my meal and sleep cycles are just dumb.

6. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must have breakfast. And I have to have breakfast between the hours of 5am-7am, and no later. I'm meticulous when it comes to a schedule. My meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are ideally spaced apart in 6-hour increments. Breakfast at 6am; lunch at 12pm; dinner at 6pm.

In Vegas, I lose the breakfast "must have" meal because my wife doesn't like eating breakfast. But having a lunch (or brunch) is a must. I don't mind skipping dinner if I have eaten breakfast and lunch.

7. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None, really. Maybe lunch if I was pressed. I'm not big on breakfast so that's usually coffee and a green smoothie spread through the day. Lunch is where I get my protein, so I may or may not eat dinner.

8. Daani

Daani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When in Las Vegas I am happy with one huge buffet a day. So much other stuff to do besides eat.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ckspores

Ckspores Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to eat breakfast. It's usually just coffee and something light (yogurt, fruit) but if I don't, I'm cranky for the rest of the day.

I can't handle a big, heavy breakfast though. Those just make me sick.

10. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to have a light breakfast before 9:00 AM (although I rarely wake up that early on my days off). If I don't, I end up being a lot more tired throughout the day.

11. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta have breakfast. Can't function without it. Nothing better than a country breakfast to start the day.

Though in LV it is always oatmeal (organic, steel cut) at Jamba Juice. We always eat big dinners in LV so the turnaround is too short to eat a big country breakfast. It has to be light.

12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At home it would have to be dinner. Although I really try to eat breakfast (something light) it doesn't always happen due to hectic work schedules and timelines, next thing you know I forgot to eat.

Sometimes work gets so nuts I skip lunch, so basically I haven't eaten all day by the time dinner comes along and then I tend to over-eat. I know. Not healthy.

In Vegas we eat the three solid meals plus a lot of snacking along the way. We are on vacation and eat whatever and whenever. I know. Not healthy.

I try to eat breakfast and healthier nowadays, at least I try.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can skip lunch in Vegas, or just snack on something that was left over or liberated from last night's dinner or this morning's breakfast. Gotta have breakfast and dinner.

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got me thinking about it. I think what works best for me is a good hot breakfast and dinner. I'd rather graze and snack from mid-morning to mid afternoon than have a regular lunch. Like still a regular lunch, but, in pieces stretched out over several hours. Breakfast is either some kind of eggs or some kind of oatmeal with protein powder thrown in. Lunch could be any combination or single serving of soup, sandwich, cold cuts, crackers, cheese, fruit, raw veggies, leftovers, yogurt with granola, that kind of thing. I make an effort to hit 5 servings of veggies and 1 or 2 servings of fruit every day. My worst habit is eating in the evening which is a side effect of working until 11pm the days I work.

15. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that I try and eat fewer carbs, I have to have eggs or greek yogurt for breakfast. When in Vegas though, I go off script [emoji16]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.