1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Man Punching Airline Seat In Front Of Him

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by smartone, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The guy was 100% wrong with what he did. He shouldn't have done that, but, come on... That's a tapping at the most. If she was being one when he asked, just politely call her a bitch, have a drink, and move on. You still probably shouldn't even do that, but, sometimes we're compelled call it how we see it.

This lady and all her grandstanding with the whole "Oh poor pitiful me" act is what gets me... Go to Judge Judy if you want your 15 seconds of fame, don't waste the real courts' time with this crap. The litigiousness of some people are why we can't have nice things.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. So why are we elevating either one of them and giving them any kind of attention here?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair, we don't know exactly how legitimate her claims of injury were. Admittedly, I haven't read up on this situation a whole bunch, so perhaps there is a gap in my knowledge in what's been reported.

But I think this is a pretty blind dismissal of her claim on the assumption that she's trying to milk this to get something out of it. Could she be faking pain/injury just for attention, or in hopes of a payoff somehow? Absolutely she could.

... but what if she isn't? What if she actually got injured, or she had a neck injury that got aggravated by what he did? Wouldn't you feel bad for dismissing her claim as if she's lying/exaggerating when she could well have been telling the truth? I'm not saying to take her claims at their full face value. But I'm also saying not to dismiss them so quickly because there is a possibility she could be keeping it 100.

After all, leaning towards "she probably wasn't injured" effectively gives the benefit of the doubt to the man sitting behind her... something of which he is entirely undeserving IMO.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too...I absolutely agree.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they're both whine bags and need to grow up. This is the problem with society, I'm entitled to everything and if I disagree I'm going to act like a child. Punch a seat, talk to the FBI and sue the person. They're both morons as neither tried to resolve the issue by compromising. Makes me remember why I really don't like anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couple of idiots, imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve reclined my seat without asking.

With that being said. It appears that BOTH were spiteful in their reactions.

That”s never a good thing....

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not everything in life deserves a compromise. She paid for a seat that reclines. Why does she have to give him anything?

If I'm eating at McDonald's and you ask for one of my McNuggets, I'm not going to compromise with you. I'm going to say no unless I, on my own, see a good reason why I should give you one.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Asking implies you're willing to give in to their opinion. No one is forcing you to give that implication.

10. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. It's pretty easy to think the guy is a jerk and still roll your eyes at the woman's "injury" claims. The "eggshell skull" thing is an actual common law principle....but I'm leaning to NOPE.

• Like Like x 1
  11. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He seems to be a jerk, but we didn't see the entire incident.
    I don't like it when people in front of me recline, especially when they jerk the seat back while I have a drink in the table. I don't mind as much if the passenger looks back to signal they are reclining so I can prepare. I don't recline.

12. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't disagree. You don't have to ask to recline. I don't have to ask to lock my knees in such a way as to prevent you from reclining. After all, if the airline didn't want my knees there, they wouldn't have designed a plane such that my knees naturally rested there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a solution for 99% percent of America, and people can actually complain to the flight attendants about that and they can force you to let them recline.

14. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doubtful. My knees fall where my knees fall my dude.

15. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope lol. I would just assume that she found a doctor who would tell her what she wanted to hear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're not idiots, they can see you slouching and sitting forward vs. you sitting as far back as you can. If you're really 6'4" in basic economy coach I'll give you that, but the average decently tall person would still have to make a material effort to put their knees all the way pressed against the back of a coach seat so that it couldn't recline given the recline movement at knee level is de minimis.

17. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm 6'2". I mean, I'm not going to make myself sit in an uncomfortable position just to prevent someone from reclining. I'm not a sociopath. I am, however, going to guard what little personal space I'm afforded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suspect there are planes that are tight enough where this actually happens in the wrong seat. I would do everything in my power to avoid those planes were I you.

19. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, well, I live in Wichita. So...pretty much every flight out of here is on such planes.

20. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First of all, I am not sure why so many people feel it is "selfish" to recline a seat on an aircraft. No, it is absolutely not selfish - under most circumstances. Flying is so uncomfortable anyway with seats so tight, people spreading over the arm rests and into your seat and space at a premium - is everyone expected to sit ramrod straight for hours in an already uncomfortable situation? Sorry, but I am NOT sorry. I recline my seat - within reason - when I reach cruising altitude, and if anyone tries to jam their knees into the back of my seat to stop me, they are probably going to need a wheelchair to deplane.

Then again I fly Jet Blue in the extra legroom section, and I do believe in treating people with the courtesy that I would like for myself. if I were in that woman's seat and knew I was wedging someone in the last row the way she was, I might have still reclined my seat but just enough to be comfortable and not be laying in his lap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.