1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Man Punching Airline Seat In Front Of Him

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by smartone, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The guy was a total a$$hole and is solely to blame for everything. Calling her a bitch is way out of line. How would anyone else's demeanor be after dealing with that ******bag? I'm 5' 11" and weigh about 210. Someone reclining in front of me has never affected me in any way. I can understand if someone needs to use a laptop and asking the recliner (who is under no obligation to oblige), but other than that, recline away. The person reclining the seat paid for the space. If you can't deal with that, drive your whiny a$$ there.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I vote for the middle ground. The guy was a cleansingbag. She also very well could have foregone her near-Constitutional "right" to lay it out.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. runningonthehub

runningonthehub High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally never recline my seat. But, if I want to recline my seat, I will do it and the mofo in the seat behind better be cool with. IF he says the wrong thing, it will get ugly. I will NOT tolerate bull shit on my flight. I am willing to get kicked off the flight and charged. The seats recline because people have a right to recline. I have had seats reclined in front of me and let it go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. runningonthehub

runningonthehub High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time a muthafuucka calls me a bitch or anything else on an airplane is the first time I will going to jail. I will try my best to fuck him up. Not even open for discussion. I will not and I am not going to take it. I am at a stage in my life where I am not taking bullshit from anybody.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately the problem is that the airlines are further scrunching more chairs in the plane to make more money.

People are cheap and don't want to pay for more room. they end up in the cheap seats and then get mad when the person in front reclines their seat.

Advice to others who don't like recliners, maybe you should pay more for the seats that have more leg room. That way you won't have to worry about the guy in front reclining their seat. Oh, I forgot, you paid for your cheap seat and get mad when the person in front reclines his/her seat. Just kidding, I'm pulling your leg and trying to make fun of this whole situation which unfortunately occurs more often than people realize.

I'm not a lawyer and I won't discuss the legal issues of reclining or not. I can see this type of incident going to court.

Yes, the FA was totally wrong. To prevent altercations she should have moved one or the other passenger, not offered drinks to one or the other. She should have handled the situation before it got out of hand. What would have happened if both were big guys, a fight could have ensued. Okay, in this day and age the flight was probably totally booked but maybe the FA could have switched the 2 passengers so their roles were reversed. But then the guy would have to content with the person in front who reclined his/her seat.

I don't like people in front who recline but I understand that the seats recline and to me it's his/her right to recline as much as the seat will allow. I hate it, when people recline in the cheap seats my tray table is in my gut but I realized I paid for the economy seats so being uncomfortable is a part of it.

On long flights (5 - 6 hours from Hawaii) I will recline my seat to get into a better position but lately I've been lucky. Because I travelled more than 20k miles on Hawaiian last year they now automatically upgrade me to the economy plus seats so I get another 6 - 8" more in legroom.

I wonder how much longer this thread will go on until admin closes it down.

6. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel for both: Can you really blame the reclining passenger or they person behind for freaking out, with the ever decreasing seat pitch??
    I personally cannot put my feet down without my knees pushing into the seat in front, yet I still don't recline out of respect for the person behind me. But I can't blame the passenger who does. It happens occasionally that the person in front reclines right into me and, depending on my mood and level of pain, I ask politely to move the seat back up, or just push right back.
    Passengers are not to blame but the greedy airlines! I am 2 seconds away from suing for discrimination against tall(er) people. Just 10 years ago I was fairly comfy flying econo, now I have to pay extra for an additional 2" legroom, or upgrade altogether to sit half-assed without my kneecaps up my nostrils.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Screw it, why not??
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Valgal

Valgal Interesting and rude are not the same thing.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am never bothered on SW flights - their seats recline what 2” at the most. The man-spreading bothers me more. Unfortunately If I go to court it will be divorce court because I’m married to the biggest culprit. God forbid the boys feel a little squeezed when he every so slightly closes his legs. He sits like a damn frog.

Flying the friendly skies.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. notfromconcentrate

notfromconcentrate High-rolling diner. Low-rolling gambler.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh, I wouldn't blame this on the people. 80%+ of the plane has exactly the same amount of legroom... so accordingly about 80% of passengers are going to be subject to a legroom-based problem. Most of the other 20ish percent will have paid or been upgraded to premium/business/first class seats, and that isn't practical for most people to do... and I wouldn't necessarily say makes them "cheap".

This has been surprisingly civil so far IMO :)

Wynn, Eastside Cannery, Laughlin, Plaza (Super Bingo), side trip to LA
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mikel123

mikel123 Not A Lawyer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never thought I'd say this, but the other airlines should be following Spirit's lead here and installing fixed coach seats that don't recline. They are shoving more and more seats into these cabins and the room is just not there for this comfort.Want to recline? Fly business/first.

That said, I don't see him "punching" anything. He could claim he was attempting to change the IFE or was having trouble with it. To those claiming that it was "assault" because he "forced her body" the same exact claim could be made by him if her reclining caused the chair make contact and push into his legs - particularly if she was made aware of the contact...

Planet Hollywood
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deleted, just read he did ask her not to recline before he spazzed out. Still not impressed with either party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deleted post after "thumbs up" to ensure I don't cause VMB arguments/stress, my goal is a happy VMB versus riling people up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Valgal

Valgal Interesting and rude are not the same thing.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. Hard6n8

Hard6n8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I chuckled at the picture of the guy with his knees jammed up against the seat, all the while HIS SEAT was fully reclined.

14. slusher

slusher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am like tallsamoan, my knees are pressed into the seat in front of me even before recline. I don’t recline because my back likes an upright seat. So on a super last minute business trip to Orlando I snag a last minute (centre) seat on a plane of holiday goers who all immediately recline. This pretty well broke my knees but I didn’t say anything. Well the seats were thin and the (short) guy in front of me started punching his seat as in punching my knees because they were poking in his seat. He complains to the give no fucks AC male flight attendant who relays this to me. With a bit of a raised eyebrow. I respond by saying that he could move ME to a larger seat if there was a problem. It’s obvious I’m tall. Attendant simply says he was relating the complaint and I said thank you and made no mention of the seat punching. Attendant moved on, guy kept punching, I stuck a water bottle in front of a knee and ignored it. My seat mates were some nice ladies who couldn’t believe this stuff happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have links to the articles handy, but I have recently read at least 2 articles about new, modern seating being installed in other, non-Spirit/Frontier type airlines, that only have limited to no ability to recline. So, this is coming.

This isn't one of the articles talking about actual installation, but it is similar to ones I've seen on new designs. https://www.wired.com/story/neat-design-make-planes-middle-seats-tolerable/

Also:
    https://qz.com/1595318/delta-reduces-how-much-passengers-can-recline-their-seats/

I have a feeling that this viral incident is going to give more incentive to go this way.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen 8 year olds act more maturely than this guy. He deserved a punch in the throat.

So. Far. Away. :( Can’t wait!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If she does decide to pursue a legal pathway then the punching dude's name is going to get out and he'll be famous. Just like Steve Bartman, a name which will live in infamy.

18. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, much like Steve Bartman he will be a hero to half the country! :D

March Gladness
  19. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Humans are overrated as a species. Period.

I know it might not be popular to say but I do think people are slowly losing the ability to just 'work shit out' amongst themselves without resorting to nonsense legal action. Everyone involved in this should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion.

They always put the machines that pay out in the front!
    They always put the machines that pay out in the front!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Michael L Smith

Michael L Smith Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If someone in front of you reclines their seat back into your face you can always reach up and turn YOUR air vent on full-blast and orient it so the cold air hits the top of their head. If they complain just say "it's MY air vent, if you don't like it then don't recline".

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.