1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Suite You've Stayed In

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Norman Chad, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in a one bedroom penthouse last stay and could swear it did not have a steam shower.
    Maybe I missed it!
    I'm usually in an Aria Suite(base level one bedroom)and they do not.

2. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure it’s in the “panoramic” one, not the regular penthouse.

Anyone who’s had the steam shower... is it worth upgrading for?

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, steam showers make all the difference after a long night...........................

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. mrubs4

mrubs4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last like 5 trips I've done an MGM terrace for at least 2 of the nights... that terrace got me spoiled. I mass emailed this picture of my remote office to all my coworkers a couple trips ago to stir the pot a bit. The walk definitely does suck, even if you're on a high floor, but IMO it's worth it and at least it's not some bizarre maze like trying to find your room at Flamingo

[​IMG]

My 2nd favorite would have to be the 1BR Mirage penthouse, dollar for dollar it seems like one of the better deals if you're paying for a room. I think my idea trip right now would be 2 nights in the Mirage penthouse then 2 in the MGM terrace.

Next month I'm giving the Luxor 2BR tower penthouse a shot. I'm gonna miss my terrace but the Luxor suite was super cheap for the dates and I haven't had a room with a pool table yet

• Like Like x 1
  5. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every penthouse in the Sky Suites has a steam shower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love a suite even though I’m solo most of the time. All of these rooms were paid upgrades from a comp.

Favorite view from a bath tub: Corner suite at aria
    233DF3AA-25FD-4BDE-8759-477798280DAF.jpeg P

49EF33B8-C853-4148-BE0D-BDB572BADA28.jpeg

Favorite view from the bed: Cypress suite at Bellagio. (Low floor but still a great suite. I felt the living/dining room was a waste with the views from the bed and both baths were fabulous)

A84AF6B1-8BA9-4F60-BE3F-95C7126BDEF8.jpeg 2C152CEE-DBEB-4C99-A9A6-CA94C7EDF484.jpeg

Best suite to add a 2nd person without a 2nd bedroom is the Bellagio Suite. With all the living room space and guest powder room it was easy to have 2 people in the same room and not be on top of each other. In the morning we each had our own bathroom.

7E219703-92AA-467C-8D41-CE31395E7DFD.jpeg

Best bar (and dining room) the Mirage Suite. I liked having a place to sit and have a drink and some snacks. The fridge didn’t freeze all my stuff like most of them.
    6D74369F-407E-423A-BC13-9AD39616496E.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was upgraded to the Living Arts suite once, mid-week during a slow period. It's featured on the first half of this video. Though I didn't stay in the Nirvana suite (second part of the video), I was invited to a party there. I also stayed in another cool suite at the Hard Rock called The Stones Suite. All are on the 16th floor of the HRH Tower.

She didn't come with the room...

I've stayed in the Gorilla Suite several times and the Tree Bark Suite... both have separate entrances to the pool area and a killer private outdoor section with TV and firepit. These are over on the pool level of the Paradise tower.

https://hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas-hotel/paradise-pool-villa-suite-gorilla.php

https://hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas-hotel/paradise-pool-villa-suite-tree-bark.php

Probably my favorite though is the two-(2) story spa villa (terrible video) I've stayed in twice. It also has private ground floor access to the pool area with a TV, hot tub, fire pit and seating outside, but it also has a private elevator. I love the clean, modern feel of that room. It also came with butler service, which was cool as hell. Valentino Crespo greeted me and fully stocked my room with my favorite booze, snacks and mixers all complimentary!

My stay in these suites was a result of my loyalty to the property. I'm offered the upgrade from time to time and I REALLY appreciate it. During those years, I stayed 4-5 days a month at the Hard Rock though, so I got to know a lot of the wonderful folks very well there.

The normal room I stay in is in the video below (again Gin Wigmore doesn't come with the room). I always book a corner room (extra bank of windows and one less neighbor). All the rooms in the HRH Tower look like this. Very comfortable place to crash! This tower opened in 2009 or '10 and I swear every time I stay there, I feel like I'm the first one to ever stay in the room. They keep the place immaculate and always in well-repair.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  8. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not from what I can tell. This is the bath amenity listing of the “regular” penthouse...

[​IMG]

Whereas this is the bath amenity listing for the “strip view” penthouse...

[​IMG]

Of course, it’s possible this could simply be an error on their website. That’s all I have to go on, I’ve never actually set foot in one of these suites.

9. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, steam showers are worth it. However, the big perk between the 1 Bedroom Sky Suite and 1 Bedroom Penthouse Sky Suite at Aria is the extra sq/ft and frankly nicer looking furnishings.
    Note, all Aria Penthouses have steam showers. Not just Panoramic Penthouses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regarding the Luxor Penthouses, most but not all of them have pool tables.

11. Kdiamond

Kdiamond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got married at the Bellagio in 1999 (yikes, 20 years later this year!) :blink: and they handled the whole ceremony. We were staying in a regular room, didn’t even have a fountain view! So fast forward to the end of the ceremony, the lady in charge calls me over and says she is so sorry but something malfunctioned with the video equipment (and mind you, there were no cell phone videos back then ;))and they didn’t get ANY of the ceremony on video.

So she apologized profusely and asked if there was anything they could do. I, as a 23-year old naive young girl, jokingly said, “how about a suite?” to which she immediately said absolutely. I guess I probably could have asked for more LOL.

Again, being the young kids we were, had no idea what a suite actually consisted of. I remember the shock of seeing this hotel room! To this day, I’m not even sure which suite it was, but this is where it was (circled). I think it was only a 1-bedroom, but it had a huge living area, kitchen, bar, and of course, the best view in the place. And we were staying an additional 3 nights, and they gave it to us for all 3 nights free of charge! That’s a pretty class act.

20900D1C-F1E8-4614-8564-4D12D4C28A09.jpeg

Amazing experience, especially since it was our wedding/honeymoon! Still the best room we’ve ever had, though this summer us and 2 other couples have reserved the Chelsea 3-bedroom penthouse suite at the Cosmo so that reign might finally be over. There’s not much out there on it, but it looks redonk so we’re all very excited. The hubbies all had great years work wise so they’re treating us! Woohoo!

• Like Like x 7
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was it a cypress suite? That's probably fifth on my list of fav Vegas suites I have stayed in

I Need Spa
  13. herg

herg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My kids and I stayed in the Flamingo metro suite for my 60th birthday. It was amazing and made for a great trip

14. Kdiamond

Kdiamond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! Looks like that might be it, but it looked nothing like it does now LOL! It was very peach and very gaudy (but nice for the times). Does anyone remember the stair case that used to be by the gardens? They took all of my wedding photos on those stairs.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  15. GrPa

GrPa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing too special yet, but we have Media Suite at MB booked for October.

16. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in every penthouse category they have and they all have steam showers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Kdiamond

They put you in a Lakeview Suite. Those are actually just below the area you circled. They run about $800 on a weeknight.

19. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really had to go out of your way there... to compare what was likely someone’s most memorable couple days of her life, to rank just 5th on your almighty scale huh?

20. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Respectfully, you’re taking this the wrong way, I think.

I understand what you’re saying in that it appears to sound belittling... but for someone like UKFanatic who has seen some seriously baller accommodations as an actual High Roller, it is actually quite a compliment for a suite to rank fifth on his list.

While you may have read what he said as “Pfft, that’s only fifth on my list”, I think it was pretty clear that he meant it’s in the upper percentage of suites he’s stayed in.

In this thread, we’re discussing the best suites that are available out there. With that being such a subjective topic, informed opinions are essential for good insights to be had.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.