1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Yet another bus company to Southern California (OurBus)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by calwatch, Mar 16, 2024.

1. calwatch

calwatch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For @SoCalMon and others who like cheaper ways of getting to Vegas, looks like there is another bus company, OurBus, which has started. They are running from UC Riverside, San Bernardino Metrolink, and Victorville Transit Center to the bus drop off on the north side of the Fashion Show Mall and the Golden Nugget next to Chick-fil-A (and not the Bonneville Transit Center). Trips leave the Inland Empire at 10:25 am and downtown Vegas at 4:35 pm Thursday-Monday. Cost is $45 one way plus a $5 booking fee. Trips are available to May 31.

OurBus is a big bus vendor in the East Coast, which contracts out with local charter bus companies. "Transportation provided by Luxury Coach of America LLC 3327393 MC-1059785"

So far, with the closure of Megabus and Kolors, you have FlixBus/Greyhound, Tufesa, Los Limousines (El Paso-LA Limousine Express), Luxxpress, and Las Vegas Shuttles, the latter two running Sprinter vans instead of buses.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One issue, I live near lax. I have to take the green line to silver line to union Station. That's about an hour. Then I would have to hop on San bernardino line to downtown San bernardino which is an hour and 40 something minutes. Then the bus from there. That's too much getting off and on. Flixbus from union Station much faster and I always get direct, with a couple stops 2 at most no breaks except Barstow (I like to get food and go to bathroom so I am glad there is a Barstow stop break), and then be right downtown at transit center (only half mile walk to fremont) or if I am staying uptown, strip stop mile walk to flamingo blvd to 202 to palms or gold coast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed. I suspect the market for the bus will be people who live or work near the stops and that makes it a better option than trekking to an airport by public transport.

4. calwatch

calwatch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interestingly I noticed that Breeze stopped flying from San Bernardino to Vegas. Northern Pacific/New Pacific is now doing Ontario to Reno and Nashville. So you have Frontier and Southwest coming from the Inland Empire, Frontier is not cheap if you are carrying baggage and Southwest is not cheap if you are buying close in. $50 one way for someone else to do the driving may not be a bad deal. Of course, driving yourself from the IE only takes three hours without traffic, or five with traffic and stops.