1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Will Wynn Slots overprice the Buffet and kill the game?

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by VegasJuan, Sep 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2,500 for one buffet would actually be outrageous. That would mean you could get a room for fewer gems than a buffet, lol.

2. PressThe5n9

PressThe5n9 Dice, Dice, and more Dice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking this seemed high as well, but in retrospect it may not be. For someone who won’t spend the money or cannot achieve level 2 through playing, their only option would be to spend gems for a buffet. Though I may not agree with this tactic, what else will that person spend gems on? So the logical decision is to make the buffet a “pricier” alternative to the room cost.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One room night, on a weeknight, with no resort amenities or paying a resort fee, yes.

The price could depend on the other limitations. If it is one redemption or two in 30 days, or different price points for weekday buffet, etc, the price point could be lower. But the fewer restrictions the more people will be surprised by how high the gem price is.

They don't want someone just eating free for their whole trip, and the new levels are going to push people to these rewards.

I could be off on the price, but betting it will be higher than most of you think.

4. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're already on thin ice with a lot of players after the most recent VIP introduction. If they do any funny business with the buffets, a lot of people will delete the app. I know I would. I already have my 4 night reservation so I will certainly delete it if I can't get buffets for a reasonable cost. I have no problem eating White Castle or In n Out burger while in Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good. Do that.

This app doesn't even run ads. You think their business plan is to sell enough worthless chips to pay for all the comps they've been giving at the level they've been giving them?

The point is acquisition. Get people trying out the brand, get data on them, get them into your players club and identify the ones to target and try to make loyal customers. They don't want to be giving you free stuff forever.

Its not worth getting pissed at. You are already getting a free stay at one of the top hotels on the strip. Book the win, and move on the second it is not worth your time. Which will happen, because unless you buy a LOT of chips, the app is not self sustaining.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not upset, just telling you the facts from a players perspective. My goal here is not to toss money at the Wynn. My goal is to get rewards as cheap as humanly possible. So, as soon as the buffets are listed, I'll make a determination as to whether it makes sense to continue playing. If it doesn't, I'll book my buffet, delete the app, and tell Wynn thanks for the free crab legs when I'm there.

7. JFO

JFO I sleep in unlocked cars

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree the app doesn't force or require us to watch ads.

But this past weekend, all the "Le Reve" messages planted in the events I thought was rather clever.

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Good, so will i.

My point is you are arguing about setting the buffet price based on keeping you and others happy so that you dont do that, but keeping you happy will cost them net money, so i dont think they are that worried about you deleting the app.

9. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I am in disagreement with you on the buffet price. Have you seen the Facebook group? A lot of people are VIP L1 and they don't want to pay to get to L2. So they are left with the option of redeeming for buffets. If Wynn charges a ridiculous amount of gems, or restricts it to 1 reward per 30 days, the app will probably be deleted by at least 50% of current players (and that might be a conservative prediction).

So, what's my point? My point is that unless Wynn wants to nerf their own app, it makes sense to price the buffet reasonably, not astronomically.

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The people stuck on level 1 have spent little or nothing on the game. The ones who never plan to get level 2 are leaving the game sooner or later anyway. The question is how much free stuff you let them take on their way out the door. So tell me again why they'd want to give them a lot?

Again, you can just follow the progress of MyVegas to know how this will go down.

They want you in their hotel. They want you to try the buffet. They want to identify people who will gamble. And they want to keep the few who just like the game and are willing to buy chips happy. Everything else, they don't care if you delete the app. Once you've joined the players club, tried the buffed once, and still not spent a dime on the game, you can only cost them money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, requiring L2 isn't going to do a lot to get people in their hotel. Even if someone (like myself) doesn't want to spend money on the game, that doesn't mean I won't spend money at the hotel. I'm not against paying for a room upgrade or getting a massage at the spa. But if they start playing games with the Wynn Slots app, then I just won't reward that behavior with my hard earned money.

12. Bob1985

Bob1985 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it really? MyVegas does the same thing, and people do buy it. 50K for 1 night at MGM, or 75K for 1 dinner buffet at MGM (without stay)
    I would definitely pay 2,500 gems for a buffet at Wynn. :) I'm sure most people would especially considering now they can't use it to book rooms unless they get to VIP 2.
    room.png buffet.png buffet2.png

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MGM Grand can be had for $60-80 a night quite often. The Wynn is basically minimum $200 a night. So it's not comparable at all.

14. Bob1985

Bob1985 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $200 minimum? You can get $129 + 2 buffets at Wynn if you sign up for their emails, or use a promo code. Resort fee is optional for comps at Wynn. Resort fee is mandatory for MyVegas comps.

I hope they make it 2,000+ gems.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moderator Note
    Split these post off from the other thread to keep that one on topic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel like you're arguing just to argue now. Bottomline is that the Wynn rooms are way more expensive than MGM rooms so it makes no sense to charge more for the Wynn buffet than it does for the Wynn room. It's really just simple math. There is no point in even trying to dispute that.

17. Bob1985

Bob1985 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't like you making up numbers. Here's some math if you want it at face value, which people do pay for.
    Wynn = 129 - (39*2) buffet = $51
    MGM = $79
    Resort fee is slightly more at Wynn, but it's optional. Wynn buffet is also much better and more expensive.

18. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol you're not arguing in good faith now

I just pulled up a couple random dates for MGM and both were coming in at $67 so you're on the high end with your $79. The $129 and 2 free buffets is quite infrequent (I know because I'm also on the Wynn email list).

In this game, each gem is worth roughly 10 cents, 100 gems = $10. For most weekdays, Wynn rooms can be had for between 2 and 2.6k gems which is basically $200-$260 per night. It would make absolutely ZERO ZILCH sense to price buffets at 2,500 gems based on both the value of the rooms and the value of the gems.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can argue all you want but the bottom line is they can't and won't keep giving away free stuff to people who don't pay for coins. They will price the buffets high but they can be purchased at level one and they will be available after the 30 day period ends to those at level one or higher. The rooms will be available at level two and will yield more value per gem. In the example above VegasJuan stated a value of 10 cents per gem for rooms. The value for buffets will be probably a lot less. I say 2,000 per buffet and only one available per 30 day period.

20. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume you mean 2,000 per buffet (for 2 people). According to your prediction, if it's 2k for 1 person (and capped at one per 30 day period), it's essentially a BOGO offer which would be the end of the game as far as I'm concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.