1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When we're in Vegas we only dine at buffets.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mirageluvr, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Half the reason we go to Vegas is for the buffets!

2. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate Izzys two nights ago. Was Izzys

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After reviewing the posts, I see the meeting of the VMB "stick in the mud crowd" has been called to order. I say, "more power to you" and judging by the lines at Las Vegas buffets you've got A LOT of company!!! I've been to many of them and have the waistline to prove it. I've learned not to "try and get my money's worth" and just enjoy a few things I really like in moderation, then I'm not so miserable afterwards. More VMBers would dine if there was a bus-stop out front and they'd lower those prices back to 1960's levels!

4. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not alone...it's half the fun for us too.

5. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too funny, smart one. I'm down to 150 lbs, so I'm eating up. LOL

6. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby & I enjoy the buffets. It's fun to try a little of everything and go back for a little more of what we like best. But I'm just back (still in post Vegas depression) from a ladies-only trip and the girls were all pretty sick of buffets before we left.

7. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We also eat 2 buffets a day. It just works for us. Between myvegas, social rewards and coupons we spend very little on food so buffets are a great value for us.

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well said.
    the other half of the reason is to get the buffets comped!

9. Vegasaddict2014

Vegasaddict2014 Low-Roller

For my 9 day trip we have planned 9 buffets. 6 of them from myvegas as well as Bacchanal, Wicked Spoon and Wynn. We only have one a day, either breakfast or dinner and usually skip lunch altogether. I prefer buffets because if I go to a normal restaurant and order something then end up disappointed it's a waste of money. At a buffet I know there'll be enough food I like and if I try something and don't like it I'm not going to leave hungry because there's plenty more to choose from. Buffets FTW!

10. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm by myself or with the guys, I stick to buffets. More bang for your buck. I also am a big fan of Mirage's buffet with unlimited beer and wine. If I'm with my wife, we might do a breakfast buffet or two but that's it. I always joke with her that she makes our Vegas trips more expensive with her nice restaurants and show tickets... :evillaugh

11. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, as we do the same thing. MyVegas, LVA, and the ACG lead the way for us....leaves more money for the slots, shows and drink.
    Plus we love buffets. :licklips:

12. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great reasons to love buffets.

13. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to really like buffets, I really did. We just can't do it anymore. The bf and I both get, well let's just say, digestive issues every time we eat buffet food. Even at the Baccinal. Don't know if it's all of the fat or what. No one wants the juicy loosies on vacation, so we just don't eat the buffets.

Yearly trip
    Part two
  14. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to love buffets in Vegas in my earlier trips, on or before 2010. But the corporate greed screwed them up as well, during the time they started implementing the resort fees. The quality went down significantly, and the prices went up significantly. Since then, I only went to the buffets if it was free.

Even some of the best buffets like Wynn and Bellagio deteriorated significantly in terms of food and ingredient quality and now none of the Strip buffets are worth their price.

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget to save room for dessert at Aria! Some of the best tasting desserts we've run across in a while!

This month, we'll probably have two or three buffets. A spice market groupon, Red Rock and maybe another buffet via myVegas. The gf likes buffets, i can take them or leave them. Leave them without a discount for sure. They are way overpriced in vegas now, imo.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  16. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must like to eat. How much do you weigh. Are you over weight. Walking from one Buffett to the next is good exercise

17. joesmom

joesmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like a mix of sit down and buffets when I am in vegas. It all depends on who I am there with, time schedule and budget. I enjoy a very nice meal at a sit down at times - I find that very relaxing for the most part. When I am with a group of more than 4 I find that I enjoy the buffet as everyone seems to find that one thing that they enjoy. I also like the ability to control the amount of anything on my plate. I am a diet controlled diabetic and I avoid breads, potatoes and pasta most of the time - so a buffet that has lots of veggies and a great salad selection is great for me. Most restaurants will accommodate my substitution requests but at times it is nice just to get to plan your own.

18. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do maybe two buffets a trip (trips are 5-7 days). Any more and I get completely disinterested. Just too much food.

19. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get full really fast, so buffets are usually not a good deal for me! But I do enjoy a good quality breakfast/brunch buffet and will usually do this once each trip. The couple of times I did a buffet for dinner I didn't enjoy it as much. Buffets are really not fine dining, and I would rather try of of the many great fine dining restaurants in Vegas.

20. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5'9" and 150lbs as of today. I'm down 8 pounds from where I usually am. I'm like a prize frighter getting ready to take on a challenger.
    Call me the Mayweather of buffets. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.