1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What item(s) is still hard to find or low quantity in the stores now?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way back when we did the same thing. The boss drinks black but I like cream at the level of hot blonde tanning on the beach.
    But land of lakes (love the butter) was less enjoyable than the heb brand 1/2&1/2. 15F1FE4E-96CD-4DCF-A638-1931A5ED8E1F.jpeg So we don’t do those pre orders anymore. BUT we don’t work so the schedule is wayyyy more open. :)

2. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @bubbakitty I rarely use the pickup. But I was feeling quite lazy with first night back butt dragging. I've noticed the half & half shelving area looking pretty skimpy. Usually heb has tons of their brand from a pint to the 1/2 gallon. Land of lakes, the organic stuff etc. The shelving area is usually overflowing. I know all this stuff is supply and demand driven and location, location, location. I guess this area of the Hill Country loves their Half & Half. So the hunt continues.

3. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have mixed feeling on this depending on the circumstances. I know people who care for dozens and dozens of animals. One guy is probably at 60. I'm on the short end of that, but still use 3 cases of 24 cans a week plus dry. I think the guy with 60 probably stops every night after work to see what he can find. If a person has one cat or dog and runs out of food they'd likely do the same thing I would, cook chicken, beef, rice, whatever you can get. Imagine running out of food with 60 mouths to feed. And then just imagine the cost. :(

• Love Love x 1
  4. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today's grocery shopping absolutely no saltines of any brand.

5. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been able to find saltines at the Dollar Tree store. Otherwise ALDI hasn't had them for a month and the local market only has unsalted saltines (?).

6. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know we've hit the end times when we've run out of Saltines.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Catzilla Do y’all have a Tractor Supply nearby. Many of my friends with multiple mouths to feed swear by them for cat & dog food for larger bags & bulk purchases. We definitely need to keep the private rescuers ahead of the shortage curve. I never take more than one bag at a time. I spoil my feral but if I can’t find Iams she has to settle for Meow Mix or 9 Lives. My mini weenie has a combined diet of ground beef and dry dog food. She is allergic to chicken & it is almost impossible to find one without chicken protein in it. Plus I need a small bite food. She is such a diva.

8. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb, technically not an item, but employees.......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about Tractor Supply. We have Coastal Farms and Wilco, probably similar. I buy almost everything online. Today I wanted to get some Royal Canin senior for one of my guys who is not doing real well, but it's out of stock. I found a Science Diet that might do the trick. You just have to get what you can and pay the price. My niece had someone dump a stray cat and she wanted to get it fixed before they end up with kittens. The next appointment at the clinic I go to is in July. Yes, July. I was there yesterday talking with one of the staff and she said the wildfire put them behind, the govt would not let them do surgeries other than emergency for a while, then there was the ice storm. They are so far behind and because of this there are just more and more litters. The Humane Society is over 90 days out on appts and won't take any more. Plus, several area clinics went out of business. One big mess.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! One reason that I am not retired yet is that we are having trouble finding a "New Me", or in one case a new someone to replace the possible New Me. I've given July 1 as the drop dead date, and the only way I think I will extend it is if Covid flares up again.

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, there is a lot of built up demand due to delayed care for pet health, just as with humans. Our cat was diagnosed with hyperthyroid in January and the state vet school hospital said they *might* have been able to do the treatment (radioactive iodine) in March. Fortunately we were able to take her to a private hospital that ended up being cheaper, closer to us, and they didn't have a backlog or waiting list. We got lucky!

• Like Like x 1
  12. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or worse, the availability of saltless-tines. That seems to defy laws of nature and physics, if not several states.

13. Golfer

Golfer Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WaterPik tablets seem to be impossible to purchase in large quantities. Oddly enough there are some non WaterPik tablets that I can still find in quantities of 500-1000, Yeah, I buy in bulk. Almost everything.

14. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've ever had morning sickness or been around someone who has saltines are a big deal. Ginger ale too.

But nowadays I just like them.

15. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took the words out of my mouth!!! This is worse than any item shortage!!!

16. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always used to have them on hand in case someone got sick and needed a diet of soup and saltines, but by the time I finished a package they would all go stale.

Never thought I'd see the day that we (as a collective) would run out though.

17. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live close to @Valgal (in this state 100 miles is like brunch….) and
    but we only have a small parcel) :blink:
    and it’s amazing what is reported in groceries as sparse. I find myself looking……maybe the shopper is at fault. ?…:) we seem to be somewhat limited but basics as reported—pasta, canned specifics or fresh vegetables….
    it really doesn’t seem to be missing. But it must be day to day so I must be shopping on the best days :p

18. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had to make multiple trips to multiple Menards to get the rest of the inside trim:

Ordered our kitchen appliances 7 months ago. Everything has been sitting in our garage for 3 months except the range hood. They have no idea when. So the rest will be installed in a couple weeks. Hopefully house will pass final inspection without the range hood.

19. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cat food at Chewy is getting pretty slim. I had 3 cases in my cart last night, this morning 2 had increased in price and 1 was sold out. I clicked through a dozen or so different flavors of Friskies to have as a backup and every single one was out of stock. So I tried Amazon and found a few better prices that were available. The possible ship date is pushed all the way out to April 6th though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My daughter couldn't find her preferred brand of dog food at Sam's Club yesterday. (To feed her dog for all you wise-asses out there....);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.