1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What do you refuse to eat?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Catzilla, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabrielBFly

GabrielBFly Vegas Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mines sorta bizarre but I won't eat cooked carrots but I love them raw :wink2:

Temptation Sunday
    Shania
  2. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffets isn't a food, Ken, it's a place to eat. I'm sure you like many of the items served, you just don't want to eat them there, right? Reminds me of when we lived in town. Little Hispanic boy used to come to our door at night and sell us tamales. Sweet little guy. We'd buy them and they were actually good. Then I saw where he lived.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: While it wasn't a given the inside of the house looked like the outside, I couldn't eat no more of those tamales. Doesn't mean I don't like tamales though. I think DH still used to buy them sometimes because the kid couldn't go home until he sold them all.

Yeah, I used to live dangerously in my younger days. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Liver, Pepper Pot Soup, heart, brain, tongue, blood pudding, octopus, really hot peppers.

Liver is good for one thing and one thing only. See Portnoy’s Complaint for what that one thing is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beans. The texture makes me gag. And I have never had liver and I don't feel deprived :eek:

5. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tripe, oysters, clams, sardines, Barbacoa, liver, gizzards, menudo, octopus, calamari, liverwurst, head cheese.....

6. CrowTRobot

CrowTRobot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There’s really nothing I refuse to eat... except for balut.

I dislike eating honeydew, cantaloupe and cooked carrots.

7. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Broccoli

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I refuse to eat at buffets.

There's this house in the south Tucson barrio (OK, that's redundant). You walk up, knock on the door, a window opens in the door and you tell them how many you want, hand over cash, the window closes. A few minutes later you get X box lunches, always some type of BBQ. Outstanding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. pjbear05

pjbear05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Head cheese. Raw eggs. Most blood products. Mom's family were Poles from Detroit, with two disgusting "favorites"; kiszka (blood sausage), and czarnina (soup with duck's blood as a thickener).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cilantro / Coriander - sorry for being blunt but instant puke reaction and it ain’t pretty, just ask the waiter who insisted the dish I ordered did not have cilantro in it, could not make it to the restroom in time...

Nothing spicy
    No raw onions
    No menudo
    No shrimp
    No ceviche

Yeah, boring, but I do love liver :whistle:

11. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on liver, heart and tongue. We had too much of each growing up because it was inexpensive. There's nothing like boiled cows heart and whatever you do, don't season it! Ah, the good times.
    I've got a strange one though. For years I couldn't even think of eating cooked oysters. I loved raw oysters, but fried oysters seemed sickening to me. I have them from time to time now, but it took a while getting over that fence.

12. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say oysters, but you’ve got it covered here. Hell, I’m not even sure what a few of these are, but it’s unlikely I would eat them. Thanks.

13. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lot of the stuff for me has been said: head cheese, blood anything, octopus, oysters. I only eat mayo with tuna and only if it’s not too thick. I don’t eat cheese unless it’s pizza or Doritos/Cheetos (if that even counts). I don’t like sour cream, either. Balsamic vinaigrette, thousand island, or Caesar dressing? No thanks. Not a fan of squash or oranges. Don’t really like big chunks of tomato either, although I’m ok with it more finely sliced. Don’t like horseradish or horseradish based sauces.

I don’t like liver, but I used to love liver pate (in the red and black can) as a kid. I’d spread it on white Italian bread.

14. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Peppers. They tear me up inside.

As a kid, it was pizza. First time I ever smelled it being made, I did not even know what it was, and the aroma nauseated me real bad. I suspect it was the cheese being used. That changed as I got older. Don't know why. Love a meat and cheese pizza now.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on the head cheese, menudo, heart, brains, tongue ( supposedly good though), octopus, oysters, uni ( nothing slimy, it's a texture thing)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There really isn't much on my list. Liver as liver, no way. Foie gras or pate, no problem. I'd probably say no thanks if you brought out a monkey's head a la the second Indiana Jones flick. Tongue depends on the preparation. Tripe not so good, but I like sweetbreads. I know there are some others.

17. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny, I won't do Mayo, which is a pretty common staple for most, but I can go for the hottest peppers, street tacos in Mexico, and other things that might cause heartburn or upset your stomach. I've never had heartburn or indigestion (don't know what it feels like or really is) , and my wife says I have a cast iron stomach for some ot the other crap that I do eat and get away with

18. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to eat almost anything.....I will try most things.

The foods that I don’t like....
    Cream of mushroom soup
    Kale
    Eggplant

I do love most of the stuff that people hate on here.

I love fresh horseradish but the jarred kind is horrible!!

I think it’s all about how it’s made...

19. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Intriguing the things people don't/won't eat. I also don't eat veal or lamb because I see them looking at me.[​IMG]
    On the other hand I don't imagine lobster or crab squealing when they hit the water. I'm sure there's a word for that. :rolleyes:

20. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems like the common thread is guts: internal organs. 'course if you're looking for that Vegas mythological creature, the footlong for 99¢, I figger we're all old enough to understand we're looking for 'bout twelve inches of snouts and arseholes retailing close to 8.25¢ per inch. Hey, can you slide me that mustard. What's that old saying about sausage and legislation? :eek:

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
    • Funny Funny x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.