1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas from 8/22 - 8/26!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by orbaya, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orbaya

orbaya Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

First off, I want to thank everyone here for all the advice you gave me during the planning of my trip. I am so appreciative, and it's because of this board and all of you that we had a few little "perks" that we wouldn't have otherwise experienced.:nworthy:

We decided to fly Southwest because they had the best prices for the times we wanted and this was our first experience with them. We were in New Hampshire the weekend of August 19-21 for hubbys half Ironman race. I stayed up until midnight Sunday to check in online. I tried a few times but it wouldn't let me check in! I was irritated so I called customer service and they said that I had been randomly selected to check in at the airport?? Whatever. So we got the airport (flew out of Manchester) early and got "B" seating. I'm not sure how I like this no assigned seating thing, but oh well. We had a non-stop flight that was uneventful which is a good thing!

We landed in LV at 2:00PM got our luggage...ours was one of the first off the plane! We stood in line for a cab for about 15 minutes and finally made it to Treasure Island. I remember reading here that I should ask for an end room on an odd floor (I don't remember why, but I did lol!). We ended up on the 31st floor...there are 36 so we were up high! We had a corner room with views to die for!! :thumbsup: I took tons of pictures but only two of my night ones came out...the rest were blurry. Hubby thought I was nuts because I was so excited about the view lol! We had booked under a promo and it came with a room upgrade. The room was nice. A little small, but I'd stay there again...especially for that view. We could see everything. The Bellagio fountains and the Mirage volcano. One time it was really cool because the fountains and volcano were going off at the same time. I've made a photo album through Snapfish.com if you want to see my views! http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=28252012/t_=13128618

I could write a superlong report, but frankly I don't want to type that much so I'll share the highlights.

Monday night (the first night) we went to Freemont Street Experience. It was fun, but really no different from the last time. We also walked through the Fashion Show mall. There is one art store that has original Rembrandts and Monets, etc. They had a painting worth $500,000 leaning on another painting, with another painting leaning on it! Very laid back place and we got see the stuff up close. Screw the Gugginheim (spelling). LOL!

Tuesday we rented a car and drove to Red Rock Canyon and that was beautiful! We're glad we did but next time we'll hike a trail...we just did the 13 mile car ride. We then drove to Green Valley Ranch. That's a beautiful place, so too bad it's so far from everything. The buffet there ROCKS! Definitely our favorite by far. (During the trip we also ate at Dishes, TI's new buffet and that was good. We ate at the Aladdin buffet and boy it sucked! Neither one of us were impressed at all. I'll never eat at the buffet again.) Tuesday night we had reservations at Prime Steakhouse in the Bellagio at 6:30PM. I asked for a window seat and we got a fabulous table smack in the middle. It was neat to watch the fountains while eating. The filet I had was the best I'd ever tasted! I highly recommend this place. A photographer asked if we wanted our picture taken so we went onto the patio and had that done. We ended up buying one for $25.00. After our meal we went to the patio (per recommendations here!) and had a few drinks. By this time it was dark so we watched the fountains up close and personal I guess you could say. Fantastic! After that, we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. What views! We watched to fountains from there too. So I think we've seen them from every possible angle. This was one of the best nights ever!

We did the Shark Reef at MB on Wednesday...very cool. While we were at MB, there was a convention for "Gentlemen's Club owners" going on. We saw some very interesting people to say the least. There was one woman who had breasts the size of watermelons. :eek: I am 100% serious...this is no exggeration. I don't know how she was able to stand upright. We saw We Will Rock You Wednesday night. Awesome! Hubby is now a born-again Queen fan. I can't get him to stop singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Ugh. Yes, I'm married to a dork.

Thursday night we saw Mystere! That was just unbelievable! It was our first Cirque show and was just completely amazed. The funniest part was the "thing" (I don't know what he's called) started running around stealing popcorn and chasing people, etc. I highly recommend seeing this show.

I stayed up until midnight so I could check-in and it actually went through and we got "A" passes. We ate brunch at a mexican place in the airport. Not a bad place. We flew out at 2:30 and landed in Manchester at 10:15PM. And our trip is over. :cry:

Hubby may need to go to a conference in Vegas this winter. Twist my arm! lol!

Thanks again all of you! Let me know if the link to my pictures worked.

2. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you enjoyed your trip and thanks for the report on Prime. We have reservations there next week, I am looking forward to it. Can you give me a bit more info on what you had along with the Filet? Thanks

3. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice report! glad you had a good time!

4. enterpriser2151

enterpriser2151 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love to see your pics, but the link in your report takes me to a sign-up page.

5. orbaya

orbaya Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

The filet came with some veggies on the side in some kind of sauce...I don't remember the name. But it was delicious...you won't be disappointed.:drooling: If you don't like it, you can send it to me lol!

When you get to the restaurant, ask for a window seat. Hopefully they can do that for you. If not, maybe they can still give you a view of the fountains elsewhere.

And you must go out onto the patio afterwards and have a drink and watch the fountains!

6. orbaya

orbaya Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Sign up is free for snapfish. How can I link my pictures if you don't want to sign up? I want to share them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.