1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Use a host or Mlife website for hotel ?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by StuartUK, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys,
    more an Etiquette question kinda! :)

I have a host in an mlife hotel, she is cool and so on and has been good to me! :)
    My offers for next year show I can book any room I want with RC/FP for the dates I want comp'd... (I am Plat with mlife)

Is it better for her to book it for me using the offer code, or me book it through the mlife website ?
    The same goal would be achieved, but not sure if it looks better for the host to make bookings rather than me ?

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  2. Gamblerchris

Gamblerchris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Host will typically cover your resort fees and then monitor your trip for back end comps

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think hosts look at it as a courtesy to book through them. If she hasn't given you any reason not to (like leaning on you to play more), I'd go through her. She might come in handy at some point. Make sure she knows the offer you want to book under, giving her the offer code would be a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had that experience. Is that something unique to MLife, or have you had that @ other properties too.

5. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you have a host that treats you well, I’d book through the host. Plus she will code you to the best room you’re eligible for such as view, etc (the reservation desk doesn’t always put forth extra effort) and she can handle any special requests. Like another poster said, she’ll also know you are there and can help with back end comps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers all ! :)
    She don't lean on me to spend more, as I put the time in and spend money, as I want to win ! :D :D :D however, after 9 trips, still haven't managed a Win before going to bed ! :D haha !

We don't go back to Vegas until Memorial wkend, but being brits, we book things in advance as all based around our flights!

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  7. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I will book through the website and then email my host to let her know when I’m going and to get coded for VIP lounge access. She’s seemed happy with this (done this twice so far) and has coded me for the lounge, plus got me an upgraded room one trip, and sent the limo for me on my next trip.

I completely fail on back end comps. Doesn’t even occur to me until too late, and then I have plenty of express comps to cover whatever the up front didn’t.

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I send my host a screenshot of my offer.
    He usually adds some RC or daily F+B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.