1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ugly Bally's room or nicer Flamingo room?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Candy Apple, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had this happen a few times. We've never specifically booked a North or South room. Sometimes it's the South Tower (which is most definitely not "ugly" by any means) but a few times, just due to time, place and circumstance, we ended up in the admittedly-nicer North Tower.

No $20 trick needed, and they are very cooperative in doing a back-to-back of a freebee and a paid stay, or where both of you do a freebee sequentially.

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It figures...

Well, that was too good to be true. Just called. The weekend is not included under that promotion. Rooms are available, but not for that price.

3. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

Odd so far out. I booked a weekend last month for my trip upcoming in July. Is Thursday-Monday, where the normal price on their site is like $350 total. The rate calendar shows your dates are good, seems odd.

4. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

Why not check out some other hotels, since you don't have comps at Bally's or Flamingo? The Riveria, the Stratosphere , and even Monte Carlo, might have some good deals.

Call reservations in person and you also may get a better deal. I am finding, that when I call the hotel in person, they are giivng me better rates than the internet. It is worth a try.

And downtown has some wonderful deals. Golden Nugget is 47.00 a night, in the carson tower and no resort fee. Plaza and California is less expensive than the Nugget I believe.

Good luck!!!

K-9treatbaker

5. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys

Hi Candy, I have stayed at Ballys in the months of April, May, and June.

Ballys sends me an e-mail asking me if I want to upgrade to the North
    Tower for only $10. per night more. They give me a code and I just call and I get upgraded to the North Tower. I did that in April.

In May... I chose to stay at the South Tower for the experience. I liked it but
    I think you would like the North Tower better.

When I stay at Ballys I spend all of my time at the Paris Hotel.
    The Paris buffet has the best desserts and pastries. Plus, they have the beautiful "Sugar Factory" for designer sweets and foods.
    It makes me feel like I am staying at the Paris Hotel.
    I just returned this past Wednesday, June 6th,2012.

I have stayed at the Flamingo and it was just okay. But I don't think it is worth the extra money. The money you save by staying at Ballys you can use to eat at the fancy restaurants or gamble with it. LucyR.

6. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Lucy. I probably will stay at Bally's because I just can't beat the price for center strip. Now I'm actually thinking of changing my trip...again...from September to July...just to get it over with because I AM so indecisive that I'm driving myself crazy! I originally didn't want July because of the heat but I guess once the thermometer hits triple digits it doesn't matter too much whether it's 100 or 110.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you can book a refundable rate directly with the hotel, just go ahead & still book the September one at the best rate you can get now. If rates go down you can call & get the rate adjusted. They will only charge you one nights deposit on your CC.

Also, wouldn't be a bad idea to just call CET. Ask them if they can retrieve a new card # by your name, etc. It is possible you have been purged from the system but it does take them several years to do that. You still may get a better rate. They won't charge you a phone booking fee if you tell them it won't recognize your number. Only if you are just too lazy to do it yourself LOL.

Other people have also indicated they have received better rates by getting a card # online before they do go. Even with no play they indicated that they registered online & saw reduced rates immediately. No first hand experience with that myself. You still need to pick up the regular card when you get there but it will give you a number online.

I did try the 'Hot Deals' on their website as well as the Friends & Family rate but right now they are still slightly more than your rate.

8. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems rates have gone up since I posted. Flamingo is too expensive. If I can't get a discount with a TR card, the best I can do with a promo code is $402.00 for the five nights at Bally's.

I could also get a "larger, older" room at Excalibur for $413.00 or the wide screen at $483.00.

Five nights in the Luxor pyramid would be $478.00.

If I spent the first three nights in the Ex older room and last two nights at Ballys it would be $366.00.

First three nights at Luxor and last two nights at Bally's would be $422.00.

Decisions, decisions...

9. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stay at Ballys, no resort fee

Candy, Ballys is a nice clean hotel and the rooms are big as compared to Paris Hotel and Mirage Hotel.

Ballys is also located in the center of the strip. It doesn't have ughly rooms
    or I wouldn't have stayed there for three times of April, May and June.

Excalibur has been known to have bed bugs in the past. The rooms are moderate size. I have stayed there years ago. They have a resort fee and it is not part of your quoted hotel charge. So it will cost more.

Luxor is very old now and the slanted rooms feel strange. I have stayed there years ago. They might have a resort fee.

Just be happy to stay in one hotel for the week.

Do you really want to pack your things to move to another hotel and stand in a long line to register? You will also have to pay for a taxi to take you to
    the other hotel. "WHEW". Don't waste your time doing that. Lucy

10. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lucy, actually those prices for Excalibur and Luxor DO include the resort fees. My son and I are comparing "change of scenery" vs. the packing, moving, checking out/checking in. I'm upset that the five nights at Bally's are now over $400.00 when it was $380.00 last week. I already have the last two nights at Bally's booked for only $96.00. Now to add on the first three nights will be an additional $306.00! It just seems too much for the south tower. Regardless of whether I could get a free upgrade or not, they're still charging a lot for an old room.

11. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have 2 nites at Ballys, already, try going to: http://www.harrahs.com/vegasvacation/ & select Ballys from the list of hotels. It says the rates are good thru 7/31 only but it does give better rates at least out thru your dates.

The rates on there are high for F/S ($140 each) but you could do a separate ressie for S/M at $40 per night. When you get there, normally they can link the two ressies so you don't have to check out. If you do have to check out & in again, you are still at least in the same hotel & normally will keep the same room. Then you could add one night to your F/S ressie for Thursday at whatever that rate is & probably still be in a good price range.

But definitely take 10 minutes & call this morning & see if they can bring you up in the system & give you an overall better rate.

With 2 separate ressies you would have 2 one night deposits on your card but the one will only be the $40 plus tax.

12. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for trying to help, jgates. I balk at paying $140 a night for that old room at Bally's.

I now see with a promo code I could get five nights at Luxor for $478, which includes free upgrade to tower and resort fees...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.