1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sushi (on strip) recommendations?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by blkshirt, Mar 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you had a bad experience with the wait time. Both times I ate there the service was speedy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. philvie

philvie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten here more then a few times, im no expert but I love the place, tons of different rolls and the sushi is very good, ( according to my wife, who fancies herself as an expert), there are booths in the back that they didn't show on triple D, which is where we sit, a bit out of the way but its the only place we go to in Vegas for sushi, BTW, check their website, if you fill out their feedback form they'll give you a 10% off coupon for your next visit.(at least it was offered last time I checked pre covid).

• Like Like x 1
  3. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sushi at Yellowtail was just plain bad. And months later, watching a YouTube of the Welcome Back menu - which I had - I realized that in addition to all of the other service misses.. they forgot half a course.

Fish at Catch was excellent.

4. eliza

eliza Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to derail. But, I highly recommend the hibachi menu at Mizumi (Wynn) - it was fabulous! It's a bit pricey, but if you an make it work in your budget, it's a must do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Catch last month, Sushi was excellent (had a couple of rolls and nigiri). I plan to go back on my next trip.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally understand about staying on the strip, but if you are up to traveling off strip, I'd recommend Sakana, or Nabe. Nabe you get hot pot added at the same price, but the wait can be as long as an hour.

7. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree Yellowtail is pretty disappointing on all fronts.

I do like Sushi Roku as a midrange standard option, particularly happy hour which is/was good value.

NOBU is really growing on me after several visits, and I like the creative cold/hot specialty dishes in addition to the traditional sushi. At $30-50+ per, when you can easily eat 3-4 of them, it can get ferociously expensive. It doesn’t have to, though, and an omakase is actually decent value vs a la carte considering how many dishes you get. Servers are knowledgeable and friendly and the setting is super cool. They can get you in and out of there very quickly or you can take your time. They are good at reading the table and pacing accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.