1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Super Bowl XLIX predictions Seattle or New England

Discussion in 'Comps' started by pphold, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too was on Seattle at the beginning of the play-offs (local pool) but I think the pressure was really on them LAST weekend as they were defending champions and could be in the SB with a win. And they were SUPPOSED to win. AND if you take away the "opportunistic" scores last weekend (for GB) the defense apparently can still be there.

Looking at the Patriots against Baltimore in the play-offs they scored a lot. The SB is just such a big game to be defensive oriented. IDK, just have a feeling as to over. Both teams score 24 at least. Where is that prop sheet? haha

2. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im a Pats fan for 40+ years, one thing you cant do is count against them. (see 2-2 record this year then going up against the Bengals) This might be the first SB since 2001 they will not be heavy favs, they might be an underdog in fact. Coach Bill takes away what you do best on offense, (Lynch ) and will make Wilson try to win it. Hawks receivers are not a group to be scared of and Revis will take their best out of the game, Browner will have revenge factor. Pat 31-24 and the over, Tom Brady only looses to Eli and the Giants and last I looked they are not in it :drunk:

3. themightydude

themightydude High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea who to bet on for this game or what to bet on.

Any suggestions on a fairly safe bet or is there not one on this game?

Last year, I put $1.3k and change on the broncos and we all know how that went. I'm wanting to say that after seeing Seattle hang in there and come back from the deficit they had against GB that it'll be a Seattle SB win, but at the same time, I don't want to get to cocky and doubt Brady and Belichick doing something as well.

4. jimbondo

jimbondo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go hawks ! Cant stand the pats...

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If New England can concoct enough quick pass schemes and protect Brady from getting his hair messed-up, I say he hoists his 4th SB trophy. If Seattle get pressure on him, moves him off his spot and frustration sets in... Seattle will be back to back champions. And if that happens I've be forced to listen to that mouthy Richard Sherman again all off season.

6. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Under 49 and Seattle..... :thumbsup:

7. Little Joe

Little Joe Tourist

This is a tough one but I have to go with Seattle. The Patriots try to catch Defenses off guard with their different offensive schemes. The Seahawks don’t change much on Defense no matter what you throw at them. The underneath stuff and quick passes won’t work against this D. That’s what Brady loves to do. He’s going to have to throw on the edges and the Seahawk’s easily have the best safeties in the NFL. Not to mention some pretty good cornerbacks. The one player they will have trouble with is Gronk. If he's able to have a big game then the Patriots might win. It's going to be close. Seahawks 27-23

8. TheMotherOfAllDBs

TheMotherOfAllDBs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, granted it was bad weather, but didn't Wilson throw three picks last week? Great QBs don't do that, so it's hard to pick Wilson to win this game on this stage. And Seattle didn't really shine against a mediocre Carolina team, either.

NE went into GB and nearly played them to a draw, so I must believe NE is the better team, although they didn't look super against the Ravens.

I think Wilson's game did very well with Harvin and Tate in the line-up, so I don't see the Seahawks putting a lot of points up, and I think NE will be lucky to score more than 24. I would stay away from the O/U and put the money on the Pats, but I think the smart money got it in at Pats +2.5.

9. oaktownjc

oaktownjc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    too close to call, I say, bet the props and enjoy the (close) game. btw I Hate both teams....but I will have fun either way...bet on that!

10. Dentastic

Dentastic Stripburger!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seattle and under.

11. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends, will all of the game balls be inflated properly??? Just kidding. Being from Vancouver and still smarting about the Bruins beating the Canucks in the Stanley Cup I could never cheer for the Pats. Seahawks all the way!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.