1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Fares from SAT & AUS

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zlanga, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:
    I just booked my October trip a minute ago. 100 each way for WGA fares from SAT, 110 from AUS. The fares haven't been that low since I don't know when. Get em while their hot.

I happened to have a CokeRewards discount code that saved me an extra 20, got 2 nonstops for 178 bucks, man I can't even remember the last time it was that cheap, at least 5 years by my recollection...

Of course, I went ahead and blew that 20 on the early bird each way. By my calculations the boarding #s won't be that good because of the low fare, but at least I don't have to sweat the t-24 checkin!

Good luck all!

USBC Nationals
  2. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What you paid for the faare will have no bearing on your EB boarding numbers. The earlier you book the EB, the better your boarding number, at least in my experience. EB is a great investment and goes a long way towards a no hassle trip!

Congrats on your great fare....SW is still horribly expensive ($220+ each way) from STL and comparable from KC as well. Have been waiting for them to drop for months....finally booked a direct flight on Frontier for $125 each way. Greatly prefer SW, but not at double the price!

enjoy your trip and don't forget to write a TR!
    diane

3. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked Sept. 26 to Oct 3 for $257.00 RT non stop from Pittsburgh :evillaugh. And I thought I got a good deal in January our trip in April at $320.00.

p

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    booked october 17 - 23 from san antonio...196.26....total.....thank you swa.....lol

5. Brian23

Brian23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do yall have any promo codes? It is $422 from Houston.

6. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I jumped on these new fares this morning. I already had roundtrips from SAT to LAS for my wife and I in August, but with these new fares, it cost half as much as the original fares. Got half my points back, and a credit for my wife.

7. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I envy yall.... Flights arent getting any cheaper from DC area...which sucks, because its 3 damn major airports here :\

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stay tuned.....the anniversary sale / birthday / whatever is in June (20th or so) and fares dive then....this was a fluke...I was just doodling and found the fares on the low fare calendar (easiest way for me to check) and there it was....from S.A. and Austin were both MUCH cheaper...just keep checking....

9. callahanha

callahanha Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just rebooked my June and August trips and with the money I saved I used the credit to book an October trip for only $60. 3 trips from Albany to Vegas in 6 months, life is good!!. Thank goodness for Southwest.

10. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We've been wanting to go in August and rates from Austin have been $400+. Now it's $219!!! Did I mention THANK YOU for pointing out the drop??

11. edsgirl

edsgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am another lucky Austinite who awoke to a fare drop on SW. Look out Vegas, I'll be back in September! WoooHoooo!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.