1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Slot themes - What Attracts You?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Ezzy711, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At first, I just wanted to play slots with cute animals (I'm lookin' atchu, original Goldfish), then it evolved to the whole kitty friends/food chain when I started on Kitty Glitter, Lucky Lionfish, all the other incarnations of Goldfish and Maltese Fortune.... Kitty Glitter and those darn fish are still my original jams.

Now, I prefer video slots with a variety of bonuses (with the exception of my cats and Pinball) - Sex & The City, Sex & The City Platinum, Wonka, Goldfishes, The Voice, Lord of The Rings....anything that I can spend a lot of time on, get bonuses, and mix it up!

• Like Like x 3
  2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot about Goldfish! The original version was my ATM at IP back in the early 2000s and more recently at Palazzo.
    Last walk-through in late March they were gone. :cry:I could sit there for a couple of hours and get tons
    of bonuses and crank up the old pointeroos. Always had fun playing the Fish Food bonus. And Goldie is adorable.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hiiii @ardee ! Goldie is sooo cute! They still have a bank at the Linq, and Park MGM, and The Flamingo, TI, and other places! They can't get rid of the original completely I don't think, it's still enjoyed a lot. I'm sure there are a few downtown!

Do you remember that spin-off: Goldfish: Race for The Gold? They used to have it Aria and some other places - it was fun!!! I only played it a couple times. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, @luck.ofthe.draw! I'm weird about slots I want to sit down and play for an extended time vs. hit and runs to see what they're like.
    The Goldfish at Palazzo was a bank of 4 configured in a carousel (or whatever that's called) with good cocktail service. :)
    I like having my own sense of space to enjoy playing without a lot of foot traffic around me if I'm in it to grind some play for a while.

Really loved Goldfish: Race for the Gold!! I once got ALL the awards at the end of the race and it was so fun! (Also at Palazzo)
    I was paying minimum bet because it was new to me and I just wanted to check out how it worked.
    Got a little over $300 and had a blast playing. I seem to have beginners luck on slots that are new to me. I like that. :D
    Looks like you have a trip coming up in about a month. Best of luck to you, my friend. :beer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha I can be the same way, @ardee ! That's amazing about your streak on Race for the Gold!! I wonder if that game is still floating around downtown anywhere.....haha. That one was fun - the free spins bonuses were great too!

I can't wait for this next trip!! :D I'll put up a TR and you can read all about it! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slap that monopoly man bastard on it and I will play it.

I bounce around but I suppose I will always play TV shows or movies I enjoy for sure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question. I really don't have an answer to why some machines draw me from the first time I play them. First played Siberian Storm on my stay at Mirage quite a few years ago. Been hooked ever since.

Unless I like playing the slot, a theme isn't going to do it for me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hundley Fan

Hundley Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. The first time I played that slot, I got such a chuckle out of how her boobs would bounce when the reels stopped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hundley Fan

Hundley Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you seen Hoppin' Fish? It's a Konami machine. I got a great bonus round the first time I played that at The D.

I love any and all Lord of the Rings slots, but my favorite was LOTR: The Two Towers. I liked logging in to continue my journey and unlock bonuses. I also loved the power spins. I was so bummed when they discontinued it. The last place I recall having LOTR: The Two Towers was Circus Circus, though the machine was not networked. I would go there just to play that machine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. UnicornTX

UnicornTX High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rarely pass the Enchanted Unicorn without giving it a few spins. I was born on Friday the 13th so Hexx usually catches my eye.

• Like Like x 2
  11. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monopoly was my first themed addiction after winning about $70 on a nickle machine with less than a dollar in at Harrah's New Orleans.

That lasted a few years, until I went to Vegas around 2003 and started with the original Wheel of Fortune at Gold Coast. Then the Diamond ones, then progressives and lately Red Hot 7 WOF. So pretty much WOF suckers me in. Bout ready for a change.

If you want to rekindle that relationship, I saw one at TI last week. Near the escalator to the mall. (If you hit the bonus, maybe the Brady kids come singing down the escalator.)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything that still spins rather than video machines. Preferably the 3-reel type....Wheel of Fortune, Lucky 7's, Triple Cherry etc.... last generation machines.
    The less glitzy, the better.
    Or jackpots.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always on the hunt for something I have never played before. I typically play the newest video slot machines. What will make me come back is either a good win or if it is so damn cute I can watch it all day i.e. cute animals, characters, cartoons, colors etc. It's getting harder and harder to find something REALLY new and not just different themes, same game. Come on Slot creators - use your imagination!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. monkeyshed

monkeyshed Highest Vegas Slot Jackpot in 45 Trips = $650

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you feel like the little older slots that they have all nestled together pay as much as the newer or classic slots? I'm thinking of like Sun/Moon and Lobstermania, Tamale Guy, Kitty Glitter and such that are usually in a row of 10 or so. I've found that when I play these, I'm pretty much committing to spending $20 on ten minutes of fun vs winning anything over $5-10. I've pretty much stopped playing them because I've never hit anything on them, nor have I seen anyone else hit something decent on them. But then again, my slot luck is still holding out for the good one.

15. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I play for fun, I look for shiny things. With lights. Lots of lights. But aside from that I do have favorites among the Aruze machines - Crystal is my favorite (and getting harder to find), but will actively search out any other Aruze as they are similar.

16. brandonh

brandonh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go for theme and multisensory experiences. The Dark Knight and Ghostbusters were both great fun on my last trip to Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can get the third wild all filled up on Kitty Glitter (LOL, kitty litter) :) during the bonus, the machine becomes like your own personal ATM machine! :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One, I can understand the paytables one:rolleyes2:

19. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Ghostbusters 4d is amazing

• Like Like x 1
  20. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whatever it is it is for sure not this stupid ass game. This is awful [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.