1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rude, inconsiderate neighbors

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may have posted a couple of years ago what DB next door neighbors I have. I need to vent again. Thankfully they are only part-timers - it is a vacation home for them. They come once or twice a month. They are fairly well off. He is a retired Air Force Pilot and retired CFO of major Texas company. -- He gave us a business card years ago and I looked him up. He is what he says he is. He is a nice guy most of the time especially when she is not around. He appears to have a fetish about leaves on his lawn. When he is here the leaf blower gets fired up every day. Usually about 1 pm - I work nights and he is well aware of that. Their driveway is right next to our bedroom. Luckily this week I have been so exhausted I have slept through it. Then be blows the leaves in front of our house. The street is public property and I suppose he could blow his leaves anywhere on the street he wants to. I just think your leaves - your tree-- blow it in front of your house. We have a yard guy that does our front lawn and he always sweeps up the clippings and leaves off the street.

She is also nice to me when she sees me. I do hear her yelling at him many times. They tend to fight a lot. She seems to be the instigator. He makes several trips a year by himself. But then he argues on the cell phone - I'm assuming with her right outside our window next to our back porch.

They had lots of company this weekend and everyone is packing to go. I have heard car doors slam at least 50 times in about 10 minutes. Why is it necessary to constantly close doors again and again when you are packing the car/suv/trucks to go. This is what they do every time they are here -- whether they are coming or going. Door slamming 50-100 times in a row. Slam, Slam, Slam. Doesn't it make sense to leave the door open when you have several trips?? It is not raining right now and it doesn't look like rain is pending. -- Maybe they are afraid a lone leaf is going to blow in??? They have a huge patio in their backyard but when they entertain everyone gathers on the driveway by our patio and bedroom - Slobbering drunk many times. -- I want to say what the hell did you have that huge concrete slab poured in your backyard for if you never use it???

I told my husband a while back that I am going to by a bird feeder and position it on our fence next to their driveway. They never park their cars in the garage. We have tons of doves around. I used to feed them when my mother was alive. She loved birds. - Literally there would be 50+ birds around every time I put out sunflower seeds. - If I put out the seed they will shit all over their vehicles I have no doubt. I'm just tired of their shit - so in return bird shit. I'm getting ready to go to my local Ace hardware store for a few things. A bird feeder may be on the list.

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW!

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neighbors??? I thought you lived in the hill country. Get the bird feeder and oiled black sunflower seeds.

And he comes alone sometimes. ? Maybe he’s single!!

4. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, It is his 2nd home. I sure he bought it to have a goodtime. And I think 1 pm is being pretty considerate. Could it be your just used to him not being there.

5. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say go for the bird feeder.

• Like Like x 1
  6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be honest(since you decided to share), he doesn't sound like a bad neighbor, you seem a little uptight, sitting there steaming over car door slams, and leaves which you admit you never even deal with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...Get those doves to work, @vwhiten.

8. RTD122418

RTD122418 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate leaf blowers too!

9. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Live in town - but the doves are abundant. Sometimes we have deer in the yard. I bet he wishes he were single. He is nicer by himself. This crap has been going on for about 17 years. I'm done. Their daughter has "girl" get togethers occasionally turns into one big cackle fest- and at times the daughter and son-in-law have family vacations. The son in law is very nice. The daughter and grandchildren are heathens. They stayed during the holidays a couple of years ago. The kids were playing horse shoes on the driveway while I was trying to sleep, terrorized our dogs through the fence. Again a huge back porch not being used and a huge backyard. -- I told my husband then one more time they piss me off with a bunch of noise I was going to unite the birds.

They are gone now back to College Station/Brenham. When they come back in a few weeks I hope they find a drive way full of bird poop. As much as he hates leave he is going to have to buy a power washer to use with his leaf blower.

• Love Love x 1
  10. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually the last time I had a neighbor problem it was an apartment situation.
    College.
    Girlfriends neighbor.
    I need to up my game.
    But I’d have to move.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes I posted as you apparently. 17 years? Not deaf by now or nuts? (or ARE you?)

12. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does your town have any law about keeping the street clean? In any case happy birdfeeding !!

13. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you need a blower. And some face time with the guy.

14. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow.

15. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first inclination is to find the old Beverly Hillbillies truck and park it in front of his house. I'd consider the bird feeder, but I'm pretty sure they'd make as much of a mess on your property as his. My other thought is to staple the leaves to the lawn and then watch him go insane when he can't blow them into the street :wink2:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have a bedroom on the other side of the house you can use when they are in town? Just a thought. If you go birdfeeder route, buy the 40# bag at Costco :)

Annual me and Pete
  17. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel badly for you and good/bad neighbours can be irrespective of the size of the place you live in, whether they're full/part time or Owners/Renters.

Someone I know on another forum has absolute, white Trailer Trash neighbours and he lives virtually in the country in a small town north of the city I live in.

Which is, the 4th. largest in North America, yet divided into small, rectangle/square neighbourhoods- almost none of which is gated. I have been in the same, formerly working class neighbourhood for 37 years, when we were the young people, surrounded by the blue rinse set. Now, we are one of the few old, retired couples.

We are surrounded now, by young families, cranking out babies. Virtually all have white collar, normally professional jobs, like lawyers, doctors, teachers etc. and everybody outside of a few like us- works. They need to, as the average 2018 cost for a 3BDD home is approx. 1.3Mill!

All in all, we are surrounded by largely quiet neighbours, who know enough to keep to themselves most of the time, but are almost universally Uber friendly when in public. (Segue: It is embarassing that they all know my name, but being the old dude- have forgotten theirs! ) Yes, people have parties, but only once a year, does a summer one cross midnight, with any perceivable noise. In fact, some of the new guys are inviting us + others, over for a BBQ next week and one young woman invited ALL the ladies of the street out to a bar get together last year, to acquaint one, with another.

We have had a couple of short term rental 'screamers' next door in the 37 years, but that is about it. We are blessed I guess and that is why we stay.

Hang in there and maybe you should approach them, next time they arrive.

18. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What time does he sleep? Karma's a bitch.

• Love Love x 1
  19. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Band practice! HIgh School Marching a plus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the "spirit"! Sorry @Richard Alpert , beat ya to it. or a loud stereo, or like a former poster said, a leaf blower to blow the leaves back on his property off the street.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.